Kohli will be the world's best batsman very, very soon.

Actually power plays have produced mixed results. Infact India suffered more in power play than outside power plays.
I don't disagree with the results but my point is you always back yourself to get 50-60 runs in those power play overs even if you play out 2 maidens before.
Sehwag is not good against fast bowling ? Sehwag scored 2-3 hundreds at s/r > 100 in NZ before world cup, where teams were getting rolled out for 150-170s regularly. We were doing fine run rate wise because to hit good balls you take risks and lose wickets, we were taking risks and losing wickets that was the only way.
no he is not and his entire career proves that. new zealand case is strange but it does not shows how his rest of career paned out .

now a days we do not slog.. we go out there get out self in play out the good spell and then destroy them.. back then we tried to hit mcgrath out of ground and that too after getting 8-9 runs of his over.. if that is not slogging undr pressure then i don not know what is..

you proved my point about how bad we were you do not have to hit mcgrath to win..you jsut have to hit balls on merit and try to stay close to required rate. we were choking and this is the definition of choking to start slogging and lose. today rohit and dhawan were going at run rate of just 5 after 15 overs! :hysterical:
It wasnt slogging,but if we didnt try,McGrath would have given nothing anyway.even 5 an over was tough against him. Lee and Bichel were in great form too.there was no bowler except Symmo who we could target
I don't disagree with the results but my point is you always back yourself to get 50-60 runs in those power play overs even if you play out 2 maidens before.
Let me put this way India did not have big hitters those days. An inconsistent Viru, evolving Yuvi. that's it. Then Tendu. If you ask the exact team to chase this total with current rules, i would not back them to do. Kohli doesn't even try to take it to 50th over. He often tries to finish well before that. You need skill, mental strength to do that. In that way he is very very different from anything we have ever had.
It wasnt slogging,but if we didnt try,McGrath would have given nothing anyway.even 5 an over was tough against him. Lee and Bichel were in great form too.there was no bowler except Symmo who we could target
no even today we saw how to do it properly for first 20 overs we were playing at run rate of 5.4! get jsut 6 rpo stay near the rate earler if score was 300 + we will jsut choke right at start instead of even playing out 50 overs :rofl:
now a days we do not slog.. we go out there get out self in play out the good spell and then destroy them.. back then we tried to hit mcgrath out of ground and that too after getting 8-9 runs of his over.. if that is not slogging undr pressure then i don not know what is..
I saw a bit of slogging today and who knows the results would have been different if Dhawan catch was taken especially since Sharma bats so damn slow.

yes i do know he will fend of short balls un comfortably but i have followed his career and he loved these kind of tracks with pace but no movement . also it yeah there was decent bounce but it was nothing dangerous ..infact it was good for stroke play and most of our current players love these tracks so do not know what is your point anyway.

no even today we saw how to do it properly for first 20 overs we were playing at run rate of 5.4! get jsut 6 rpo stay near the rate earler if score was 300 + we will jsut choke right at start instead of even playing out 50 overs :rofl:
today we have batting PP and other such rules.Even 100 is normal nowadays in last 10 overs.it wasnt same in those days.for every team.
one of our typical attempt of 300 plus chases Frantic boundaries..lose few wickets.. then consolidate and tailenders slog hopelessly http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/64710.html
today we have batting PP and other such rules.Even 100 is normal nowadays in last 10 overs.it wasnt same in those days.for every team.
were there batting power play when south africa chased 400 ?
one of our typical attempt of 300 plus chases Frantic boundaries..lose few wickets.. then consolidate and tailenders slog hopelessly http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/64710.html
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
were there batting power play when south africa chased 400 ? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
I think there was the 15 overs powerplay. 1st 10 overs and then the bowling power play that needed to be taken before the 20th over I think but no batting powerplay