Ishant Sharma The Fast Bowler Watch Thread

CG

I think if he sticks to Tests he could be good again. What Indian fans often don't consider is how a bowler builds pressure. In Tests this is crucial, and is not revealed in stats so it often gets overlooked. A bowler from one end keeps it tight and puts pressure on the batsmen, who often looks to relieve the pressure by playing shots at the other end and thus loses his wicket. I think Ishant and Yadav in time could provide this combination in Tests, with Ishant building up pressure at one end and Yadav the out and out strike bowler. Ishant should not be playing ODIs though.

I think if he sticks to Tests he could be good again. What Indian fans often don't consider is how a bowler builds pressure. In Tests this is crucial' date=' and is not revealed in stats so it often gets overlooked. A bowler from one end keeps it tight and puts pressure on the batsmen, who often looks to relieve the pressure by playing shots at the other end and thus loses his wicket. I think Ishant and Yadav in time could provide this combination in Tests, with Ishant building up pressure at one end and Yadav the out and out strike bowler. Ishant should not be playing ODIs though.[/quote'] What I am so disappointed is he has potential to be a strike bowler.His performances agianst aus in 2008 on dead indian tracks is as good a performance you can see on indian tracks by a fast bowler.He got a ball to bend in a mile to ponting on a flat mohali track which you will not see even in brisbane. I doubt what advice he is getting as its simple he is not swinging the ball as i said in first post. Many coaches have come and gone and made him do diff things.He really needs to be dropped for his own sake and go to veny or ta shekar and get his stock ball back even at 130ks if gets big inswing he will be dangerous.
What I am so disappointed is he has potential to be a strike bowler.His performances agianst aus in 2008 on dead indian tracks is as good a performance you can see on indian tracks by a fast bowler.He got a ball to bend in a mile to ponting on a flat mohali track which you will not see even in brisbane. I doubt what advice he is getting as its simple he is not swinging the ball as i said in first post. Many coaches have come and gone and made him do diff things.He really needs to be dropped for his own sake and go to veny or ta shekar and get his stock ball back even at 130ks if gets big inswing he will be dangerous.
Thats true but the thing many Indian fans dont realise is that if you look at the best bowlers in history ... They never did it in isolation. Wasim had Waqar, McGrath had Warne, Steyn has Morkel ... You can be a brilliant strike bowler but anyone whose played cricket will know that that is not how you take wickets. You take wickets by bowling in a pack. Look at Siddle, Pattinson, Hilfenhaus, etc. during the last tour of Aus. Besides the odd deliveries here and there, they weren't spectacular deliveries. The thing was that the Aussie bowlers bowled in packs and built pressure from both ends. Ishant doesn't need to be dropped. There's nothing technically wrong with Ishant in Tests ... India just need to get a crop of fast bowlers ... e.g. Ishant, Yadav, Pankaj, etc. and they need to learn how to apply consistent pressure from both ends. Right now what is happening is that one bowler is applying pressure and the other bowler bowls a loose ball and releives the pressure. Then the other bowler will build pressure but then another bowler will come on and bowl a loose ball. Look at Ashwin for example, he has all the deliveries to be a strike bowler in Tests but hasn't learnt how to apply consistent pressure. Our bowlers need to work as a team! I think Indian fans need to relax a little with their stats-p*rn.
^ indeed' date='Ishant has been our biggest dissapointment ahead of RP,Sreesant,Munaf[/quote'] Yes he is,He like sreesanth did not need anything more to do apart from getting fit and he also did not have any temperament problems like sreesanth,Just needed to continue Doing the samething.
He has time to regain form. I just think he needs time away from the international team to do that. That means he needs to be given a whole season' date=' regardless of what injuries strike, to find form in Indian or perhaps the English season. It is not easy to find form when you are bowling to the best batsmen in the world.[/quote'] its not just form he is trying out that out swinger again...again he lost pace making same mistakes over and over again has he ever been in good form ?
He is confused. He did bowl well in test series against England but again in an attempt to get that outswinger he is forgetting his strength. You dont do such things in international matches but in the nets and FC.
Even against england he did not much natural inswing ,It was more reverse.
Its Painful for me to see Somebody who had such a great inswinger and such potential going so much downhill ,Its so painful to watch these videos-These are dead tracks and he used to get cut and swing a3eILRIh7-8[/youtub zitu2dC7aeo[/youtu
He was such a delight. I just do not understand why he doesnt watch these old videos and just emulate them. He lost every thing when tried to change too much too soon.

He should not be playing the shorter formats, in fact should have been asked to play the entire domestic season before making a comeback. But unfortunately with Delhi out, there is no FC cricket left for him. Maybe the better thing will be to work on his bowling in the nets. Playing him in these T20s and ODIs is only going to confuse him even further and isn.'t gong to help him much in his progress.