US Election Debate

vvvslaxman

arey ramussen is Rep leaning poll. They are usually +5 for Mitt and almost always shorten the gap as the polls are closer so they dont end up looking like fools. All polls who lean with a party do that. I also doubt these polls tbh but I think betting odds are the best indicator' date= going by them Romney is ****ed
Yup that is the significance of this tie. Ramussen saying it is a tie is not a good news for Romney. FIX news is finding last minute "breaking news". They are coming up woefully short.

Well' date=' I somehow get a feeling it can be like the 2004 Indian elections where one party was the pure consensus favorite in pre-elections. Yet, the result was different.[/quote'] But here there are no clear favorites. It's all about how couple of states go for Obama and for Romney, it's how 4-6 states vote and hence Obama is more likely to win

I wouldn't be surprised if Romney sweeps the battleground states despite what the polls show. These polls call about a 1000 people at most. WTF!
well, the polls do have a history of being royally pwned by election results throughout the world so yeah, Romney can win the battleground states but I don't expect that to happen. I think Obama should get a big boost in the battleground states from the way he handled Sandy.

I wouldn't be surprised if Romney sweeps the battleground states despite what the polls show. These polls call about a 1000 people at most. WTF!
Actually 1000 people is a very good sample if the sample demographics and strata are chosen carefully. The limiting factor in the accuracy of polls is usually not the sample size but the choice of the sample, which is quite tricky and varies from one polling agency to another.

pro-India? US foreign policy itself is not pro-India, and they both are not going to change it. Atleast the FP now prevents any large-scale war/attack from Pakistan or China. Kargil happened and Pak was told to retreat (by Clinton's admin). Both are pro-legal-immigration, so it will help Indians who want to migrate. Romney is supposed to be pro-business would turn a blind eye on H1B abuse by companies (that helps Indians to migrate more). Obama will make some stump speeches about jobs going overseas and increase in H1Bs costing Americans jobs, but will not/can't do anything about it.