Ranji Trophy 2012-13

Chandan

If all the pacers in a team are shortish then the attack becomes a bit one dimensional. Pandey' date=' Rajpoot or Warrier could be combined with the good shorter pacers like Umesh, Aaron, Shami, Kaul etc. to create a more potent attack.[/quote'] yeah include tall ones if they are good not just cos they are tall a one dimensional attack full of bowlers is much better then attack which has ishant :p
True. That is why I have not mentioned Ishant. :winky: The question of variety comes only when you have bowlers of similar ability available.
pandey will be in next cos of his quality think abt it if tall bowler is really going to be useful I think he will select himself by performing s even at ranji level he has same height no? imo people who are performing should be in team height is part of skill its little and if bowler performs he will be in team anyway
pandey will be in next cos of his quality think abt it if tall bowler is really going to be useful I think he will select himself by performing s even at ranji level he has same height no? imo people who are performing should be in team height is part of skill its little and if bowler performs he will be in team anyway
Pandey, Warrier and Rajpoot are decently tall around 6'1" to 6'2", not really tall like Ishant or Pankaj.

Mumbai retain squad for Ranji Trophy final

The full squad: Ajit Agarkar (captain), Sachin Tendulkar, Wasim Jaffer, Suryakumar Yadav, Dhaval Kulkarni, Kaustubh Pawar, Abhishek Nayar, Hiken Shah, Aditya Tare, Ankit Chavan, Nikhil Patil (Jr.), Javed Khan, Sushant Marathe, Shardul Thakur and Vishal Dabholkar
http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/54205/mumbai-retain-squad-for-ranji-trophy-final Pujara, Rohit will not be released for Ranji final: BCCI http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/54190/pujara-rohit-will-not-be-released-for-ranji-final-bcci

Ranji finals starting tomorrow Mumbai the obvious favorites but Saurashtra can surprise them if its a sporting wicket. Hopefully BCCI has ensured MCA doesn't roll out a patta. A typical Wankhede wicket with decent boune or spinner fand help for the seamers early mornings would be good enough. Would have been great to see both the sides at full strength even if it meant pushing thedates by a couple of days.

Terrific start by Dhawal Kulkarni, already has two wickets, bowling some lovely outswingers. Has bowled in the 132-133 kph range mostly with top speed of 138 so far. Good track for the final , has some moisture and aiding seam movement. Saurashtra batsmen have looked clueless.
Dont see much movement. It is there but from outside off stump, not a single ball moved from the stumps. It has bounce but to me it will be another run feast.