Sorry for this , but ITS BOUT TIME WE PRODUCED A GENIUINE QUICK

Ram

I'm quite happy it was edited. I still can't quite fathom why we would want to be swearing to make a statement. But for this forums if I were visiting any and I found expletives in the topic title I would quite avoid the forums. It is better to keep it clean considering young ones are among that visit the forums and it won't be a work safe website if people are cussing and swearing in every sentence.
Agree Ravi, with each and every word of yours.
MP, I assume fast here means - bowling at more than 145Ks consistently. And who does come to your mind when talking past great fast bowlers ( from 1980s onwards) ? Lillee , Botham , Kapil , Holding, Garner , Marshall , Hadlee , Ambrose, Wasim , Waqar , Imran , Walsh , Mcgrath etc ? How many in this list bowled at 145 + 4 out of 6 balls an over ? 3 maybe 4 ? Pace is good MP , but ultimately its the skill.
but isn't bowling fast a "skill" too? As Chandan said there were no speed guns so we have to merely judge them by videos and get views from the batsmen who faced them. From the bowlers you mentioned i would most of them had the ability to beat batsman through sheer pace e.g even R Hadlee( normally portrayed as a line and length bowler) for a good chunk of his career was really quick.
Guest dada_rocks
These talibans should forget cricket and stick to doing what they do best - humping camels and firing AK-47's at UN troops.
Come an afghani admin. is freindly wiht india these days.. it's northern alliance not taliban
**How come that every time i swear ( which in itself is once in a blue moon) ' date=' it gets edited , while if someone else does , it stays ? :angry_smile:**[/quote'] Good boys and good girls aren't allowed to use bad words!:D For proof-----Ask chandan to type a few bad ones and see how they get edited. :P
LOL shame on india wow if afghanistan have quick bowlers and india has a huge population... this is pathetic that with such low salaries they have quicker bowlers then india who r given tons of rupees...:haha:
:hysterical::hysterical:Don't be so bitter...you will get a raise soon.
I'm quite happy it was edited. I still can't quite fathom why we would want to be swearing to make a statement. But for this forums if I were visiting any and I found expletives in the topic title I would quite avoid the forums. It is better to keep it clean considering young ones are among that visit the forums and it won't be a work safe website if people are cussing and swearing in every sentence.
A very very good point Ravi. In fact this is the only reason why I spend so much time here from work. Mine is a govt job. So they will block the site if I happened to open too many threads with such titles. The content manager will catch them too often. Plus I have stopped going to General discussions because any and every topic ends up in the same way. People just argue for the argument sake. I am glad there many who understand the importance. cheers.
A very very good point Ravi. In fact this is the only reason why I spend so much time here from work. Mine is a govt job. So they will block the site if I happened to open too many threads with such titles. The content manager will catch them too often. Plus I have stopped going to General discussions because any and every topic ends up in the same way. People just argue for the argument sake. I am glad there many who understand the importance. cheers.
I even posted a stick thread to let people understand swearing only makes this website unpopular and definitely not the means to express opinion. Unfortunately this seems to be the "In thing" for now. I agree General Discussions is littered with expletives and not good to be looked at from work. I hope people understand this POV and make it a more work friendly website.

Oops.. I am just now beginning to realize that i actually did a VERY bad thing. Sorry guys, I simply couldnt control myself when some Afghan who plays book cricket in side-lanes of Kabul called their fast bowlers as better than Indian fast bowlers. That blooper will not be repeated.

Oops.. I am just now beginning to realize that i actually did a VERY bad thing. Sorry guys, I simply couldnt control myself when some Afghan who plays book cricket in side-lanes of Kabul called their fast bowlers as better than Indian fast bowlers. That blooper will not be repeated.
Liar :sad_smile::sad_smile: You are a sadist freak who enjoys the pain that your abuses cause for the other guy, in this case Afgans. I am sure we can all agree on how gentle and sweet Afgans are. Here is one breed that is not violent at all. But no you had to cuss at them, swear at them and use all those 13 letter words whose end rhymes with pucker. Such a liar you are Sriram :confused_smile:
No worries mate :thumbs_up:
but isn't bowling fast a "skill" too? As Chandan said there were no speed guns so we have to merely judge them by videos and get views from the batsmen who faced them. From the bowlers you mentioned i would most of them had the ability to beat batsman through sheer pace e.g even R Hadlee( normally portrayed as a line and length bowler) for a good chunk of his career was really quick.
MP, i would rather call pace as a Gift , than skill. Pacers are naturally gifted with the pace they have, but they can develop the art of swing-seam and line, length control. These are essential requisites of wicket taking.