Pakistan in South Africa - 2013

Asim

Will be a good series. If Pak's batting is up to it, this is will be a close one. Azhar Ali should be watched closely on how good of a No.3 he is as some here went to the extent of comparing him to Dravid. I don't see Hafeez performing with the bat. New ball with the likes of Steyn and Philander. :giggle:

They should have picked more seam bowlers. Umar Gul - a very good LOI bowler but not good enough in tests. He has an average of 33+ in 45 tests. That's almost as bad as Ishant Sharma. Is this your main strike bowler ? Mohammad Irfan - does he have the fitness to last a test match ? I'm not sure. Junaid Khan - good pick. I think he will do well. Ehsan Adil - very inexperienced. Nobody else in pace bowling department. :hmmm: They have to depend on Abdur Rehman and Saeed Ajmal a lot but pitches in SA generally are not conducive to spin.

They should have picked more seam bowlers. Umar Gul - a very good LOI bowler but not good enough in tests. He has an average of 33+ in 45 tests. That's almost as bad as Ishant Sharma. Is this your main strike bowler ? Mohammad Irfan - does he have the fitness to last a test match ? I'm not sure. Junaid Khan - good pick. I think he will do well. Ehsan Adil - very inexperienced. Nobody else in pace bowling department. :hmmm: They have to depend on Abdur Rehman and Saeed Ajmal a lot but pitches in SA generally are not conducive to spin.
He will go back to his role of 3rd seamer, which suites him as he is not a new ball bowler.
Faisal Iqbal - Isnt this guy a relative of some ex cricketer ? He has poor FC stats. How did he make it back into the squad ? :hmmm:
He is nephew of Javed Miandad. Faisal is the only bad selection but he will not get any game so it does not matter.

I don't think this lambo is fit enough to play test cricket, he was clearly wobbling (not standing still during his run up) after two or three overs. South African batsman are not Indian Batsman, who can't play bounce that good(expect dhoni), these saffers are born in these type of condition, he was hardly swing the ball, so his weapon of bounce will be hardly be any use against SA. The only hope is Junaid Khan for Pakistan, otherwise pussgul and Ajmal(won't be effective) would surely be destroyed by the best batting line up.

Ajmal will get dealt with by Amla but he could be decent against the other Saffer batsman. Really looking forward to seeing Junaid in these conditions.
i think we will see really grassy pitches :P junaid at most will do as well as zaheer without any other quality fast bowlers im not expecting much..also this is big factor south africa have solid batting line up with lot of patience so they can even play him out and even ajmal out u need good attack with no weakling to trouble them.. england only troubled them when finn came in