Irani Trophy 2013 ( Feb 6-10)

saneindian

The pitch they prepared in Ranji final was helpful for bowlers and a good one. Why they dont prepare more tracks like that is beyond me. We all saw how FTBs from Saurashtra struggled to put bat on ball in that game because they are used to playing on the road in Rajkot. Make livelier pitches so that there is a good contest between bat and ball and good quality batsmen and bowlers could emerge from domestic system. Preparing patta wickets where mediocre batsmen are scoring double tons and making it into test team and failing is just unacceptable.
we did a bit of both.greentop to test batsmen n pattas to test bowlers.I won't take Kulkarni's final performance too seriously for that reason.Kaul's performance in Rajkot was much better
Don't give too much importance to domestic speed gun readings. Dhawal was consistently hurrying batsmen' date=' looked lively pacewise and was getting good bounce too. I have seen him bowl upto 142 k in the IPL. He is definitely fast-medium now.[/quote'] In IPL you only bowl 4 overs whereas in Ranji you may bowl 40 overs in an innings or 20 overs in a day... you cannot go flat out in a Ranji
9.10am Word just coming in: neither Sehwag nor Shami is playing. And Mumbai have chosen to field. This is a disappointing start to the Irani Cup. Sehwag is out with an upset stomach 9.05am Harbhajan Singh has come out for the toss for Rest of India. Is Sehwag not fit? Or does Sehwag not fancy captaining? This is surely not a switch to avoid over-rate ban. Sehwag did bat in the nets yesterday. Much intrigue then At any rate, Abhishek Nayar, captaining Mumbai for the first time, has won the toss
No bowler bowls 140K plus for 20 or 40 overs in a test match.
my post was in response to the statement that "speeds in ranji are slower" ... It doesnt necessarily mean speed guns are faulty, it also depends on how the bowler exerts himself in the course of the day