Irani Trophy 2013 ( Feb 6-10)

saneindian

With this I think My reading that Pankaj Singh seems Too slow is Correct and that's why he is not considered as if he was now a 135 to 140K bowler......he wud have surely been selected but what I believe he is a 125 to 134K bowler who gets some bounce due to his height so he is definitely not worth international level.....
I am not sure about Pankaj's exact pace now. He used to be just a medium pacer, heard that he has increased pace, not really sure myself. But one think I can tell you, Kaul is quite pacy, why was he ignored then ?
From the three teams Openers: Sehwag, Dhawan, Uthappa, Mukund, Jiwanjot, Vijay Middle Order- Tiwary, Kedar Jadhav, Raina, Rayudu, Menaria, Rohit , Rahane, Mandeep WK- Saha, Parthiv, Gautam All rounders- Binny, Jalaj, Rasool Spinners- Ojha, Bhajji, Makwana, Dhruve, Ladda Pacers- Sreesanth, Ishwar Pandey, Shami Ahmed, Mithun, Awana, VK, Dhawal Kulkarni, Gony - Shikhar Dhawan, Rayudu, Manoj Tiwary, Shami Ahmed and Jalaj Saxena have been picked for two of the three squads. They were parts of A tours as well - Ishwar Pandey, Jiwanjot, Makwana, Dhruve, Ladda, Rassol and Kedar Jadhav are the new faces picked for India A ( for longer format) - Munkund continues to lead BP 11 despite there being guys like Mandeep, Parthiv and Uthappa being there who have successfully led their Ranji sides - Chawla was good enough to play last test, but now isn;t good enough to find a place in any of the squads or is he a certainty and hence not picked? Irani Trophy is from Feb 6-10 . The tour match for BP 11 vs Aus starts on 12th. Why pick Shami Ahmed and Rayudu for these back to back games? Hopefully they will swap a couple of guys picked for India A with these two.
No Ishwar for BP XI or India A as far as I can see- dissapointing that he will not get a chance to bowl at test batsmen. Should be in A squad instead of Vinay...

Rest of India squad: Virender Sehwag (capt), Shikhar Dhawan, :puke: M Vijay, Manoj Tiwary, :puke: Suresh Raina, Wriddhiman Saha (wk), :puke: Harbhajan Singh, :puke: Sreesanth, Pragyan Ojha, Ishwar Pandey, :puke: Abhimanyu Mithun, Ambati Rayudu, Shami Ahmed, Jalaj Saxena. Isn't ROI squad a celebration of the best of Ranji mixed in with performers at intl level, so wtf are no hopers like Raina, Murli, Bhajji, Sreesanth, Mithun doing in the squad, where is the merit? unfortunately can't blame dhoni for this, so selectors:whack:

The Matches vs Aussies should have been given priority because the players selected for those could have played test class opposition and those teams should have had players who need the exposure and/or are potential test call ups in the future. Also India A should be second string test side in effect. Irani Trophy match is relatively unimportant. Ideal first XIs with that in mind: India A: Mukund, Jiwanjot, Rahane, Rohit, Tiwary, R Jadeja, Saha, Ishwar Pandey, Pankaj Singh, Shami Ahmed, Nadeem BP XI: Vijay, Akshat Reddy, Mandeep, Rayudu, Parthiv, Juneja, J Saxena, Dhawal Kulkarni , Sandeep Sharma, Ladda, S Kaul, ROI: Uthappa, Dhawan, Unmukt, Sehwag, Bawne, C Gautam, Parvez Rassol, Rakesh Dhurv, P Awana, Ankit Rajpoot, Mohit Sharma

The Matches vs Aussies should have been given priority because the players selected for those could have played test class opposition and those teams should have had players who need the exposure and/or are potential test call ups in the future. Also India A should be second string test side in effect. Irani Trophy match is relatively unimportant. Ideal first XIs with that in mind: India A: Mukund, Jiwanjot, Rahane, Rohit, Tiwary, R Jadeja, Saha, Ishwar Pandey, Pankaj Singh, Shami Ahmed, Nadeem BP XI: Vijay, Akshat Reddy, Mandeep, Rayudu, Parthiv, Juneja, J Saxena, Dhawal Kulkarni , Sandeep Sharma, Ladda, S Kaul, ROI: Uthappa, Dhawan, Unmukt, Sehwag, Bawne, C Gautam, Parvez Rassol, Rakesh Dhurv, P Awana, Ankit Rajpoot, Mohit Sharma
good choices:two_thumbs_up:
He is a selector' date=' so it is obvious.[/quote'] He should exclude himself from discussions regarding his son, but then previous selector set a bad precedent anyway. Btw, seeing the squads it seems Dhawan and Vijay are ahead of Mukund as opening option. Dhawan has a dodgy technique for tests while Vijay has a habit of edging everything that moves outside his off stump. Mukund is a much better test prospect, imo. Vijay should be in T20 contention, while Dhawan should be in ODI contention but our selectors like Flamboyance more than good technical aspects. SMH.
Dhawan has a dodgy technique' date='but Mukund doesnt?[/quote'] Dhawan's leg goes way towards the leg side. His defensive technique is dodgy too. Mukund has weaknesses but he has much better basics. His bat comes down straight and his feet move forward much better while Dhawan shuffles across. See both's FC record too and performances on A tours. Mukund was top performer in NZ recently too.