Tendulkar to captain both Test, ODI teams!!

Prudent

150907tendulkar300.jpgNew Delhi: Sachin Tendulkar will take over as the skipper of both the Test and the One-Day team. According to sources, Tendulkar has already been spoken to by the selection committee and the Little Master has agreed to lead the Indian team. India Twenty20 skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni will be Tendulkar's deputy in both the teams. The post of the Indian Test and One-Day skipper fell vacant after Rahul Dravid decided to call it quits. In a press release issued by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Friday, Dravid was quoted as saying that he now "wanted to concentrate on his game and did not want to take the additional pressure of leading the side". http://www.cricketnext.com/news/tendulkar-to-captain-both-test-odi-teams/26917-13.html

Retarded decision by the selectors. That will truly & surely finish Tendu's career as a batsman. Why the heck would u want to put any extra pressure on a man, past his prime, when he is not known to handle pressure well ? I'd much rather have had Ganguly as captain. If not atleast Dhoni was a much better choice. Besides captaincy would mean, Tendu cannot be choosy about which ODIs to play. Thats only gonna tax his fragile body even more. If i were Sachin i wouldnt even have considered captaincy as an option. I take this as a sign that Sachin has begun to wonder if this is the best way to secure his place in the side.

Waste of time. Investing in someone that just couldn't handle the team well. Someone like Noel David replaced Srinath on WI tour and the then captain Tendulkar sided with the selectors to hang on to captaincy. During his tenure likes of Nilesh Kulkarni were picked to play for India. Expect captain Tendulkar egging his players to draw every test. Tendulkar will try and teach the likes of Kumble how to bowl or set field every ball standing at mid off. Expect India to bowl atleast 10-15 overs short every day during the test match. Tendulkar's selection should be drawn parallel to Brian Lara's many reselection as captain. Vengsarkar, Sharad Pawar and the likes have taken a stance to screw up Indian cricket big time. I'm very disappointed with this decision. The old farts in the Indian cricket board yet again have tried their best to screw up a winning test team.

Waste of time. Investing in someone that just couldn't handle the team well. Someone like Noel David replaced Srinath on WI tour and the then captain Tendulkar sided with the selectors to hang on to captaincy. During his tenure likes of Nilesh Kulkarni were picked to play for India. Expect captain Tendulkar egging his players to draw every test. Tendulkar will try and teach the likes of Kumble how to bowl or set field every ball standing at mid off. Expect India to bowl atleast 10-15 overs short every day during the test match. Tendulkar's selection should be drawn parallel to Brian Lara's many reselection as captain. Vengsarkar, Sharad Pawar and the likes have taken a stance to screw up Indian cricket big time. I'm very disappointed with this decision. The old farts in the Indian cricket board yet again have tried their best to screw up a winning test team.
Do you think any Indian Captain has ever gotten his way with selection? Its correct to compare Lara and Tendulkar. Don't you think Lara did a great job, getting the WI team back on to the map?