Tendulkar to captain both Test, ODI teams!!

Prudent

Do you think any Indian Captain has ever gotten his way with selection? Its correct to compare Lara and Tendulkar. Don't you think Lara did a great job, getting the WI team back on to the map?
Lara did nothing than just whinge at anything and everything. The WICB, the manager (Clive Lloyd), the past greats (Holding, Richards et al), the curators were all used as excuses by Lara and he was one of the worst ever captain IMO. Lara got WI back on the map??? In fact he lead them to such dismal records, till date WI is suffering the aftermath. Tendulkar was no different when he lead. All you need to do is look at his record as a captain and you will know what I mean. I remember in the late 90s after Azhar was reinstated as captain Tendulkar looked 10 years younger and produced some great cricket. Tendulkar has been bitten twice by the captaincy fang and if he still cannot understand he is a misfit he's only wrecking his life in the twilight of his fantastic career.
Tendulkar's earlier stints as captain were crappy' date=' no doubt about it. But with Dravid and Ganguly gone and [b']Tendulkar's position in the side not secure this is probably the best chance to see Tendulkar, the batsman claw back.
..howz that, I know his form factor would have raised few eybrows but I don't think the selector will have the audacity to remove Sachin as long he is playig

I think he should and he will take over as a captain of India team. Who knows... just like recently concluded Eng series, he may not be able to score centuries but manage those few 90s. IMHO, he may struggle quite a lot but in the end what matters is results.. Let see if he can show some results. futher, for Dhoni, its impossible to cope up wtih all the sr ranks in the team. AK, VVS, SRT, SG, RD and Yuv. I dont think Dhoni is in position to handle the pressure of so many sr in the team.. Best choice will be one of the TOP 3 to take over from RD.

Why, it is good for a stop-gap period until Dhoni is ready for tests. I welcome this change in the top post as it is not good to go with someone who is not respected, doesn't have the confidence of his team or selectors...and is posted there as a beating sack whenever India fails....India doesn't deserve a captain like Dravid.