Please keep Jadeja away from TEST team!

Please keep Jadeja away from TEST team!  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Jadeja's relative success with the ball is down to the pitches. On these tracks he is able to put doubts in the batsman's mind about which one will turn and which will go straight on. Away from home' date= he won't be able to turn anything and batsmen will milk him easily like they did in the CB series. With other bowlers, they have the tools which can be developed in wicket taking options away from home as well. It's not like Jadeja is running through sides at home.
Do you think any other bowler like Ojha or Bhatt will be able to turn anything?
Jadeja's relative success with the ball is down to the pitches. On these tracks he is able to put doubts in the batsman's mind about which one will turn and which will go straight on. Away from home, he won't be able to turn anything and batsmen will milk him easily like they did in the CB series. With other bowlers, they have the tools which can be developed in wicket taking options away from home as well. It's not like Jadeja is running through sides at home.
You are right but which of the other bowlers are running through sides at home? After all - you've got to have the same pedestal of comparison for everyone.
Neither of them is an attacking option for me and left arm spinner will never be an attacking option, need a leggie or an oppspinner for that. I would like to try Parvez Rasol because he can bat too.
I don't rate left arm spinners highly either. And if you want to play Rasool or Ladda that's fine as well. The broader point is that basking in Jadeja's relative success on tailor made tracks is shortsighted and driving up a blind alley. From a long term, all conditions point of view Jadeja is useless.

The problem Is Dhoni never has and will understand test cricket and how to build a test team for all surfaces only surat ace he can bat and captain himself and his bits and pieces players are dust bowls, this is where Ganguly was better then anyone else, he realized the imposts ce of a balanced attack, fast bowlers and technically sound batters and how to attack and win test matches anywhere. The problem is Dhoni's clout where Fletcher n selectors are his yes men and he has destroyed India's test legacy and team also now India has gone back 30 years or so.Shami, Pankaj, Rayudu and Rohit should be in our test squad, Rahul Sharma is still a more decent option then Bhajji and Ojha miles ahead of Jadeja who doesn't bat anyway.

Do you think any other bowler like Ojha or Bhatt will be able to turn anything?
You are right but which of the other bowlers are running through sides at home? After all - you've got to have the same pedestal of comparison for everyone.
Ojha will be better than Jadeja for sure. And like I said, invest in a leg spinner or an attacking off spinner like Rasool from the perspective of long term gains rather than using bits and pieces cricketers to secure wins on dust bowls. Throughout the 90s we kept on doing this and Sri Lanka did this with the likes of Dharmasena. Look at the long term impact of this strategy.
Bhatt was not a darter in his earlier seasons. I haven't watched him off late. Nadeem gives more flight than Jadeja. Everyone has been impressed by Rasool's flight and attacking style.
Okay,you seem to have watched more of these bowlers than I have.from what I have watched,they dont seem any better tbh
It's exactly this kind of shortsighted thinking which led to the 0-8 and we are going to see more such results over the coming years because we are looking to win on dust bowls with bits and pieces cricketers rather than developing a team for all conditions
this thinking led to 8-0?when did we try to win on dustbowls before 8-0?didnt we have team for all conditions with super batting lineup,3-4fast bowlers n spinners like Mishra,Bhajji n Ashwin.didnt make much difference I think.
What are you going to do in South Africa? Play Dhoni and Jadeja at 6 and 7? Steyn and Philander will be LOLing all over Durban looking at that. Or will you drop Jadeja and pick Rahane/Rohit/Tiwary at number 6 and expect them to make an impact there without any chances to play international attacks in familiar conditions?
thats exactly what I'm gonna do.I dont see why Rahane,Rohit need to play in India to be successful in SA.Rahul,SG,Sachin all debuted overseas n did well,if they are good,they will too.I dont see why we should reduce our chances in THIS series thinking of SA series by playing an extra batsman which we dont need in these conditions
Ojha is a proper bowler, Jadeja is a darter and expecting Jadeja to contribute with the bat against Steyn, Philander, and Morkel on South African pitches is stuff of pipedreams.
yes but Jadeja is more accurate.Ojha bowls well on these pitches but his slow bowling isnt gonna trouble anybody imo.in addition he wont even be tight. Jaddu's batting and fielding will be bonus
And no Jadeja has not proved more effective than Mishra and Chawla. He has got tailor made dust bowls to bowl on whereas pitches over the last many seasons in India have been pattas in general. Put Mishra and Chawla on these pitches and they will do as much as Jadeja.
tailor made dustbowls?Only Chennai comes close,even there Aus scored 380 n we scored 500+.doesnt happen on dustbowls
I don't rate left arm spinners highly either. And if you want to play Rasool or Ladda that's fine as well. The broader point is that basking in Jadeja's relative success on tailor made tracks is shortsighted and driving up a blind alley. From a long term' date=' all conditions point of view Jadeja is useless.[/quote'] problem with people is they see him picking wickets vs this poor australian side and they think he is good enough imo standard is too low only ashwin is doing all right and both bhajji and jadeja have just been ok we are poor side right now need to pick players who perform better jadeja has shown he cannot bat at all at test level and bowling is not good enough to keep genuine spinner out this darter is accurate but even that will change when some good batting side plays need to pick better players with long term future now..we have almost completed whole test series circle (or fpt schedule) by getting hammered everywhere..transition should be of 1 year max for top side not like this right now we are jsut rotating mediocre players once jadeja goes out raina will be in he goes out then yuvraj will be in..:wall:

Any team which tries to pick utility players rather then genuine all rounders and batters or bowlers to make numbers and have more batting and bowling options history has shown us it has been a miserable failure not even in test but ODI's England have learnt from that mistake and so has Australia and that is why they are good team , even SA has learnt its lesson. Even two bits and pieces players cannot make up for one genuine batter or bowler as they are limited and cannot perform in all conditions or consistently contribute in any discipline. It is time the st@&id selectors and Fletcher Dhoni smell the coffee and infuse players like J Saxena, Rasool, Pankaj, Rayudu, Robit, Pankaj, R Sharma , Shami in the test side.

Look' date=' Jadeja is a terrible test match player. I'll ask this again - name one, just one successful bits and pieces cricketer in test cricket. How is Jadeja going to change test cricket history?[/quote'] how do you define bits and pieces.currently hes holding his place as a bowler,not a combination.so hows he bits and pieces. anyway his job is not to change history,but do well in his job n hes doing it so far so you'll sacrifice a Test win to 'develop' a batsman to play in conditions that are completely different to what is there at home.perfect logic

@lord rahane is no dravidd,tendulkar in ideal scenario u blood in youngsters at home.. you just dont throw them into toughest situations and hope they do well...u build a team plan ahead give them confidence and still dont expect them to do well away from home in first series..! also we need to drop bhajji and get in ojha..he will do the job of both bhajji and jadeja infact our chances will improve drop ishant too and play jaddu if u fancy spin bowling so much

this thinking led to 8-0?when did we try to win on dustbowls before 8-0?didnt we have team for all conditions with super batting lineup,3-4fast bowlers n spinners like Mishra,Bhajji n Ashwin.didnt make much difference I think.
By this thinking I did not mean this particular strategy but the general shortsighted thinking. Everyone knew that our middle order is in the last phase of their career, but we kept making crap selections like Raina and Yuvraj instead of giving chances to Pujara(when he was not injured), Rahane.
thats exactly what I'm gonna do.I dont see why Rahane,Rohit need to play in India to be successful in SA.Rahul,SG,Sachin all debuted overseas n did well,if they are good,they will too.I dont see why we should reduce our chances in THIS series thinking of SA series by playing an extra batsman which we dont need in these conditions
Well, then don't be disappointed when we get blanked 0-4. It's what you are asking for. Batting against the number 1 team at their home will not be easy and you need to have a long term vision in addition to racking up wins on dust bowls.
yes but Jadeja is more accurate.Ojha bowls well on these pitches but his slow bowling isnt gonna trouble anybody imo.in addition he wont even be tight. Jaddu's batting and fielding will be bonus
Ojha is a bowler, Jadeja is a darter.
tailor made dustbowls?Only Chennai comes close,even there Aus scored 380 n we scored 500+.doesnt happen on dustbowls
Yeah that's why our pace bowlers have been rendered peripheral and are used to take the shine off the ball mainly. Check up scorecards from the 90s, you'll find 500+ scores even then. Doesn't mean they were not dustbowls. If it was just about checking scorecards.
@lord rahane is no dravidd,tendulkar in ideal scenario u blood in youngsters at home.. you just dont throw them into toughest situations and hope they do well...u build a team plan ahead give them confidence and still dont expect them to do well away from home in first series..! also we need to drop bhajji and get in ojha..he will do the job of both bhajji and jadeja infact our chances will improve drop ishant too and play jaddu if u fancy spin bowling so much
Dravid,Tendu,Ganguly were legends before debuting?whats this nonsense they are no Dravid,Tendulkar? the conditions are completely different so how it'll help them,they'll have to improve anyway Its better thay are taken on A tours to SA,Eng,Aus screwing present for future which is bleak either way doesnt quite interest me
how do you define bits and pieces.currently hes holding his place as a bowler,not a combination.so hows he bits and pieces. anyway his job is not to change history,but do well in his job n hes doing it so far
That's what you'd like to think. Jadeja is not among the top 3 spinners in the country. As simple as that.
so you'll sacrifice a Test win to 'develop' a batsman to play in conditions that are completely different to what is there at home.perfect logic
Yes, because test cricket is not only about beating opponents on dustbowls. Respect in test cricket is earned by performing in all conditions. What we are doing right now is what we did in the 90s and Sri Lanka did in the 90s-00s.
Dravid,Tendu,Ganguly were legends before debuting?whats this nonsense they are no Dravid,Tendulkar? the conditions are completely different so how it'll help them,they'll have to improve anyway Its better thay are taken on A tours to SA,Eng,Aus screwing present for future which is bleak either way doesnt quite interest me
huh ? wtf are u smoking? when did i said they were legends but right now ur asking rahane to perform away from home do u think rahane has class of dravid or ganguly? or are u comparing htis south african side to that englaish side of 90;s ? keep in mind ur so called dravid and ganguly had poor record in south africa!:hysterical: and we aren ot screwing present its same team which lost to england so please .. please get over this thinking everything is fine at home get a good bowling attack get ojha in-bhajji out ishant out any decent pacer or spinner in depending on pitch (can use jaddu ) now we have attack of bhuvan,ashwin,ojha and shami or jaddu tell me how this attack is any worse ? and we get to test young batsmen at home where they are comfortable instead of pushing them and hoping to perform at the toughest situation in world cricket right now vs probably the best bowler of all time at his peak form! heck most experinced batsmen will struggle ..youngsters will just get hammered dont expect naything else
That's what you'd like to think. Jadeja is not among the top 3 spinners in the country. As simple as that. xYes, because test cricket is not only about beating opponents on dustbowls. Respect in test cricket is earned by performing in all conditions. What we are doing right now is what we did in the 90s and Sri Lanka did in the 90s-00s.
not jsut that this same team full of great darters did so well vs england:hatsoff: people who think everything is all right at home are just fooling themselves!
By this thinking I did not mean this particular strategy but the general shortsighted thinking. Everyone knew that our middle order is in the last phase of their career' date=' but we kept making crap selections like Raina and Yuvraj instead of giving chances to Pujara(when he was not injured), Rahane.[/quote'] that I agree.Raina n Yuvraj should not have played.the transition has been handled badly I expect a 4-0.I can't see how few series in home conditions prepares one for the swinging n bouncing ball they gonna face in SA. better play them in A tours.we dont need to change our home strategy for that so only flighting the ball is way to succeed for a spinner?Ojha tosses the ball up,but doesnt put enough revs.plus he is not as accurate. pace bowler like Ishant was peripheral in Aus too.BK has been good.anyway what I meant that spin wasnt unplayable if you implied that.bad spinners still get hammered n good get wickets
huh ? wtf are u smoking? when did i said they were legends but right now ur asking rahane to perform away from home do u think rahane has class of dravid or ganguly? or are u comparing htis south african side to that englaish side of 90;s ? keep in mind ur so called dravid and ganguly had poor record in south africa!:hysterical:
hainji?on one hand you saying you didnt say they were legends then asking whether Rahane has class of Dravid n Ganguly? I am asking simple question-how will playing in these conditions prepare them for facing Steyn n Co. in SA?Pujara n Kohli are as groomed as anybody and I dont expect much from them too.hoping Pujara does well though. we have an A tour in July.better send these players there to get a feel of the conditons
and we aren ot screwing present its same team which lost to england so please .. please get over this thinking everything is fine at home get a good bowling attack get ojha in-bhajji out ishant out any decent pacer or spinner in depending on pitch (can use jaddu ) now we have attack of bhuvan,ashwin,ojha and shami or jaddu tell me how this attack is any worse ? and we get to test young batsmen at home where they are comfortable instead of pushing them and hoping to perform at the toughest situation in world cricket right now vs probably the best bowler of all time at his peak form! heck most experinced batsmen will struggle ..youngsters will just get hammered dont expect naything else
that attack is good,but still we need to maximise our chances.I suggest Ashwin,Ojha,BK,Shami,AND Jaddu.this will help us win more matches at home
are u really comparing ojha and jadeja jadeja at his best now has not wicked a fifer ojha got a freaking 10 wicket haul i think in last series he played! :yikes:
:hysterical: Everything is fine till he says he is better than Harbhajan, Ishant or Sehwag or Sachin in the current form, he is better than 2 in batting and 2 in bowling so deserves to play in the XI . But better than Ojha. :giggle: But then revolutions per second are more important than being ranked 8 bowler, best bowler in the prev series, avg 25 in a series where 2nd best avged 50+.