IPL's News III.

SLICKR392

Punjab also sign 19 year old local pacer' date=' Sandeep Sharma. It will be a learning curve for Sandeep bowling on flatter wickets. Recently, he go thrashed by the Kerala batsmen on a flat wicket in the Vijay Hazare QFs[/quote'] thats good.he'll be good on Mohali n Dharamsala wickets

Losing out on WC action shattered me’ -Shalini Gupta First it was the Youth World Cup and then it followed him to the Ranji and Ranji one-dayers. Injuries forced Punjab's young talent Manan Vohra to miss such opportunities this season but finally there's a piece of good news for him. He has been handed an IPL contract by King's XI Punjab and this could be the window that could usher a new chapter in his life and help him announce himself on the big stage.Along with Mandeep Singh and Adam Gilchrist, Mannan will be one of the opening options for the KXIP. Speaking to Sportline about his selection, the 19-year-old stylish batsman Manan, felt, "Frankly, I am overwhelmed with the selection. I have had a tough time dealing with injuries in the last six months, but the KXIP management has shown faith and confidence in me. I am looking forward to getting into the IPL mode and sharing the dressing room with such prestigious international cricketers. I was there with the KXIP development squad two years ago. I think getting a chance to play in the Punjab team would help me raise my game and give me a perfect platform. I am completely over that dark injury phase, and I am looking towards the future now." After the double fracture thumb injury in Bangalore just before the India U-19 team was to depart for Australia for the Youth World Cup, Manan took rest for three months and then went into a rehab for one month. In total, he was out of competitive cricket for almost four months and had to miss most of the domestic season as well. After he recovered from that injury, Manan went to Delhi to take part in the local tournaments and once again showed his scoring touch by piling up big totals. He also took part in the inter-college cricket tournament representing DAV College Chandigarh. During the inter-college competition, he twisted his ankle and again had to take a 10-day break. Recalling those days post thumb injury, this is what Manan had to say, "I was frustrated and depressed. I had been part of the Indian U-19 team for three international tournaments before the WC happened. I was all pumped up for the event. Unfortunately I injured my thumb and had to return home from Bangalore. For once I thought the world had ended for me. But it was my parents, sister and grandparents who were there for me in that dark phase. They lifted my spirits and told me to start the process from the scratch again. My morale was down. Losing out on the opportunities shattered me. Then I decided to let go off the frustration and work on my mental and physical fitness again. I worked hard in the gym, meditated and remained positive during the rehab. I think this injury changed me as a person. I built my temperament to a great extent." Vohra was involved in a record-chase with Unmukt Chand as India chased 164 against Australia in only 12 overs during a quadrangular series in India. Vohra was unbeaten on 79 off mere 35 balls. When Manan injured his thumb, incidentally, his hero Yuvraj Singh was visiting the U-19 India team in Bangalore. When he came to know about Manan's injury, he spent nearly two hours with him and gave him a pep talk. Yuvraj's pep talk and his family's support helped Manan come out of depression.Yuvraj has seen Manan grow up in front of him. It was Yuvraj's father Yograj Singh who has trained Manan since an early age. "Yuvi paaji has set an example for everyone. If he can recover from such a big disease and have a successful comeback, I thought why can't I do the same? That kept me going. I have worked on my game also. I have learnt to occupy the crease for a longer period and not give away my wicket that easily. I have developed few shots too." Manan has been selected in the Punjab senior cricket camp for the T20 North Zone tournament. http://www.indianexpress.com/news/-losing-out-on-wc-action-shattered-me-/1084075/2

Teams announce registered squads for IPL 6

New Delhi, Mar 7 (PTI): With less than a month to go for the sixth edition of the IPL, the nine franchises today announced their registered squads for the cash-rich event, starting April 3 in Kolkata. After procuring players at the IPL Player Auction, through transfers and signing local and uncapped players, the teams have submitted the core groups that will represent them in the 2013 season. "There are less than four weeks left for the start of the Pepsi IPL 2013. This period will witness a lot of practice and the planning of strategies by the teams, as they prepare to go all out to win. The stage is set for an extraordinary tournament," IPL chairman Rajeev Shukla said after accepting the teams' registered squads. Squads: Chennai Super Kings: Akila Dananjaya, Albie Morkel, Anirudha Srikkanth, Ankit Singh Rajpoot, B Aparajith, Ben Hilfenhaus, Ben Laughlin, Christopher Morris, Dirk Nannes, Dwayne Bravo, Francois Du Plessis, Imtiaz Ahmed, Jason Holder, Michael Hussey, Mohit Sharma, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Murali Vijay, Nuwan Kulasekara, R Karthikeyan, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Ronit More, Shadab Jakati, Subramaniam Badrinath, Suresh Raina, Vijay Shankar, Wriddhiman Saha. Delhi Daredevils: Ajit Agarkar, Andre Russell, Arisht Singhvi, Ashish Nehra, CM Gautam, David Warner, Gulam Bodi, Irfan Pathan, Jeevan Mendis, Jesse Ryder, Johan Botha, Kedar Jadhav, Kevin Pietersen, Mahela Jayawardene, Manpreet Juneja, Morne Morkel, Naman Ojha, Pawan Negi, Roelof Van Der Merwe, Royston Dias, Siddarth Kaul, Sujit Nayak, Shahbaz Nadeem, Umesh Yadav, Unmukt Chand, Varun Aaron, Venugopal Rao, Virender Sehwag, Yogesh Nagar. Kings XI Punjab: Adam Gilchrist, Aniket Choudhary, Azhar Mahmood, Bhargav Bhatt, Bipul Sharma, David Hussey, David Miller, Dimitri Mascarenhas, Gurkeerat Mann Singh, Harmeet Singh Bansal, Luke Pomersbach, Manan Vohra, Mandeep Singh, Manpreet Gony, Nitin Saini, Parvinder Awana, Paul Valthaty, Piyush Chawla, Praveen Kumar, R Sathish, Ryan Harris, Sandeep Sharma, Shaun Marsh, Siddharth Chitnis, Sunny Singh. Kolkata Knight Riders: Brad Haddin, Brendon McCullum, Brett Lee, Debabrata Das, Eoin Morgan, Gautam Gambhir, Iqbal Abdulla, Jacques Kallis, James Pattinson, Lakshmipathy Balaji Laxmi Ratan Shukla, Manoj Tiwary, Manvinder Bisla, Mohammad Shami, Pradeep Sangwan, Rajat Bhatia, Ryan McLaren, Ryan ten Doeschate, Sachithra Senanayake, Sarabjit Singh Ladda, Shakib Al Hasan, Sunil Narine, Yusuf Pathan. Mumbai Indians: Abu Nechim Ahmed, Akshar Patel, Aditya Tare, Aiden Blizzard, Ambati Rayudu, Amitoze Singh, Dhawal Kulkarni, Dinesh Karthik, Dwayne Smith, Glenn Maxwell, Harbhajan Singh, Jacob Oram, Jalaj Saxena, James Franklin, Kieron Pollard, Lasith Malinga, Mitchell Johnson, Munaf Patel, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Philip Hughes, Pawan Suyal, Pragyan Ojha, Ricky Ponting, Rishi Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Sachin Tendulkar, Suryakumar Yadav, Sushant Marathe, Yuzvendra Singh Chahal. Pune Warriors India: Abhishek Nayar, Ajantha Mendis, Ali Murtaza, Angelo Mathews, Anustup Majumdar, Ashoke Dinda, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Dheeraj Jadhav, Eklavya Dwivedi, Harpreet Singh, Ishwar Pandey, Kane Richardson, Krishnakant Upadhyay Luke Wright, Mahesh Rawat, Manish Pandey, Marlon Samuels, Michael Clarke, Mitchell Marsh, Mithun Manhas, Parveez Rasool, Rahul Sharma, Raiphi Gomez, Robin Uthappa, Ross Taylor, Shrikant Wagh, Steve Smith, Tirumalasetti Suman, Tamim Iqbal, Udit Birla, Yuvraj Singh, Wayne Parnell. Rajasthan Royals: Ajinkya Rahane, Ajit Chandila, Ankeet Chavan, Amit Singh, Ashok Menaria, Brad Hodge, Brad Hogg, Dishant Yagnik, Fidel Edwards, Harmeet Singh, James Faulkner, Kevon Cooper, Kusal Janith Perera, Owais Shah, Pravin Tambe, Rahul Dravid, Rahul Shukla, S Sreesanth, Sachin Baby, Samuel Badree, Sanju Samson, Shane Watson, Shaun Tait, Shreevats Goswami, Siddharth Trivedi, Stuart Binny Royal Challengers Bangalore: AB De Villiers, Abhimanyu Mithun, Abhinav Mukund, Andrew McDonald, Arun Karthik, Cheteshwar Pujara, Chris Gayle, Christopher Barnwell, Daniel Christian, Daniel Vettori, Harshal Patel, Jaidev Unadkat, K P Appanna, Karun Nair, Mayank Agarwal, Moises Henriques Murali Kartik, Muttiah Muralitharan, Pankaj Singh, Prasanth Parameswaran, R Vinay Kumar, Ravi Rampaul, Rudra Pratap Singh, S Aravind, Sandeep Warrier, Saurabh Tiwary, Sheldon Jackson, Sunny Sohal, Syed Mohammad, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Vijay Zol, Virat Kohli, Zaheer Khan. Sunrisers Hyderabad: Akshath Reddy, Amit Mishra, Anand Rajan, Ankit Sharma, Ashish Reddy, Biplab Samantray, Cameron White, Chris Lynn, Clint McKay, Dale Steyn, Darren Sammy, Dwaraka Ravi Teja, Hanuma Vihari, Ishant Sharma, Jean-Paul Duminy, Karan Sharma, Kumar Sangakkara, Nathan McCullum, Parthiv Patel, Quinton de Kock, Sachin Rana, Shikhar Dhawan, Sudeep Tyagi, Thalaivan Sargunam, Thisara Perera, Veer Pratap Singh.
http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_disp.asp?n_id=166444
suyul is another hyped bowler yet to see him in action same with ronit more. but rahul shukla you gotta see him bowl he is not a fast bowler as ppl have hyped him in short he is a 130 kmph bowler. he is one pathetic bowler who cant exceed 135 avrg speed to save his life. veer pratap and gony are no trundlers at best they can touch 140k but they dont really have that extra pace
suyul is another hyped bowler yet to see him in action same with ronit more. but rahul shukla you gotta see him bowl he is not a fast bowler as ppl have hyped him in short he is a 130 kmph bowler. he is one pathetic bowler who cant exceed 135 avrg speed to save his life. veer pratap and gony are no trundlers at best they can touch 140k but they dont really have that extra pace
We said extra pace by Indian standards:winky:

Rahul shukla was coming of very serious back injury last year and was bowling a lot slower then he used to, he had real pace I am told and was as fast as Aaron per reports, Suyal seems pacy and also back from injury one bowler I wanted to see was Anwar Ahmed.

Rajasthan Royals sign up 42-year-old Pravin Tambe

MUMBAI: They say if you're persevering and hardworking, then you do get your due one day. Well, Pravin Tambe is finally getting his rewards, so what if they're coming when he's already turned 42! Just weeks after Tambe received his maiden Mumbai call-up for the Vijay Hazare tournament, it has emerged that the veteran leg-spinner has been signed up by the Rajasthan Royals for this season. "He has been on the circuit for a long time and deserved a chance. He has been on our radar for the past couple of years, as we were looking for a leg-spinner. He was called for the trials a couple of times, and he impressed our skipper Rahul Dravid," Raghu Iyer, CEO of Rajasthan Royals, told TOI, confirming that the signing took place last week. Tambe skippers DY Patil team in local cricket in Mumbai. The Royals dressing room has now a healthy presence of Mumbai players, with leading batsman Ajinkya Rahane and left-arm spinner Harmeet Singh, who was also signed up recently, also around. Tambe couldn't make his debut for Mumbai in the Vijay Hazare trophy because Mumbai were knocked out by Assam in the quarterfinals itself. He can now look forward to playing in the high-profile IPL. Apart from Harmeet and Tambe, RR also added talented Kerala batsmen Sachin Baby and Sanju Samson and Jharkhand paceman Rahul Shukla to their squad.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/ipl/news/Rajasthan-Royals-sign-up-42-year-old-Pravin-Tambe/articleshow/18856554.cms