IPL's News III.

SLICKR392

Waqar Younis to coach Hyedraabad Sunrisers I think this a good move. I think he is a much better coach than the overrated Akram. Good for Ishant and some of the other indian bowlers playing for Sunrisers. What do you all think about this move? http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2013/content/current/story/624090.html Waqar joins Sunrisers as bowling consultant Nagraj Gollapudi March 8, 2013 Comments: 49|Login via | Text size: A| A Waqar Younis will join Sunrisers Hyderabad as bowling consultant for the 2013 season ŽÂ© AFP Enlarge Related Links Players/Officials: Waqar Younis Series/Tournaments: Indian Premier League Teams: India | Pakistan | Sunrisers Hyderabad Waqar Younis, the former Pakistan fast bowler, captain and coach, will be joining Sunrisers Hyderabad as a bowling consultant for the 2013 IPL season. Waqar will be the second Pakistani bowling coach in the IPL, following the footsteps of his former new-ball partner Wasim Akram, who has performed the same role with defending champions Kolkata Knight Riders since 2010. Akram, though, has taken a break this season. Former Australia allrounder Tom Moody, who is the Sunrisers' head coach, was active in hiring Waqar, who is based in Sydney. "Tom is a fine buddy since our playing days and he asked me if I could come and help and I accepted the offer," Waqar told ESPNcricinfo. "I want to go and have a feel about it and how it works." After he stepped down as Pakistan's head coach in September 2011, Waqar coached Ruhuna Royals in the inaugural Sri Lanka Premier League last year. During his stint as Pakistan coach, Waqar was instrumental in leading Pakistan to the semi-finals of the 2010 World Twenty20 in the West Indies where they were silenced by Michael Hussey's heroics late in the match. Waqar said the IPL job would be a good challenge. "I am going to go the way I go about things. It will be a good experience for me also to interact with a lot of fast bowlers." And he has already set himself a goal: working closely with the Indian fast bowler Ishant Sharma. "I am really excited to work with Ishant Sharma. He can be a better bowler than he is." Dale Steyn, Clint McKay, Sudeep Tyagi are some of the other quick bowlers in the Sunrisers squad, who are bound to benefit from Waqar's vast experience. "We hope Waqar's experience and Steyn's expertise will help our bowlers restrict the opposition batsmen's charge and reduce the pressure on our batsmen," a Sunrisers' official said on Waqar's appointment. Last October, the Sunrisers replaced Deccan Chargers in the IPL after the BCCI had terminated the contract with Deccan Chronicles Holdings Ltd (owners of the Chargers), due to a prolonged financial crisis. Sun TV network successfully bid for the franchise rights for 85.05 crores per year (approx $15.9m) for a five-year deal. Sunrisers Hyderabad Squad: Akshath Reddy, Amit Mishra, Anand Rajan, Ankit Sharma, Ashish Reddy, Biplab Samantray, Cameron White, Chris Lynn, Clint McKay, Dale Steyn, Darren Sammy, Dwaraka Ravi Teja, Hanuma Vihari, Ishant Sharma, JP Duminy (currently injured), Karan Sharma, Kumar Sangakkara, Nathan McCullum, Parthiv Patel, Quinton de Kock, Sachin Rana, Shikhar Dhawan, Sudeep Tyagi, Thalaivan Sargunam, Thisara Perera, Veer Pratap Singh.

Raipur, Ranchi to host IPL matches

Raipur and Ranchi will make debuts as IPL host cities in the 2013 edition, according to the tournament schedule that was released on Saturday. Raipur will act as a second home venue for Delhi Daredevils, while Ranchi will host two of Kolkata Knight Riders' matches. The schedule also confirmed that the Sawai Mansingh Stadium in Jaipur will host all of Rajasthan Royals' home games. Earlier, the BCCI had relocated Royals' games to Ahmedabad and Rajkot, following a prolonged standoff between the Rajasthan Cricket Association and the Rajasthan state sports council - which owns the stadium - over the use of the ground. However, doubts remain about where Pune Warriors' home matches will be played. As of now, the schedule suggests that they will be played Maharashtra Cricket Association (MCA) Stadium - previously the 'Subrata Roy Sahara Stadium - in Pune as has been the norm, but the dispute between the MCA and the Sahara Group, the franchise owners, remains unresolved. The standoff centres around the title rights of the stadium: the MCA had covered the name of the stadium that read 'Subrata Roy Sahara Stadium' in January for alleged default over payment of the contract, and the Sahara Group officials subsequently moved the Bombay High Court over "termination of agreements". The court case doesn't have any direct relation with the hosting of the Sahara-owned franchise's games in Pune, but the business conglomerate expressed its desire to play their home games at other venues. The IPL 2013 tournament opener, on April 3, will be between defending champions Knight Riders and Daredevils at Eden Gardens. The group matches will end on May 19, following which the play-off matches will be split between the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai and Eden Gardens. The final will be in Kolkata on May 26. Ž© ESPN EMEA Ltd.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2013/content/story/624264.html

I think IPL franchisees have a commercial reason for not signing up Pakistani cricketers. Some incident between India and Pakistan (similar to Mumbai attacks or killing of the Indian soldiers) may spark a situation where all Pakistanis may be asked to leave the country. What if it happens in the middle of the IPL? Obviously no team management wants to take that risk.