IPL's News III.

SLICKR392

Me thinks this is a ruse. It is a ploy to destroy Mumbai Indians from the inside. Kumble will bring along with him talents like Mithun, Arvind and Vinay Kumar to the MI side which result in our eventual downfall. Mallya may not know how to run an airline business, but he's a crafty IPL franchises owner. This is a brilliant masterplan.

IPL matches to be played at Raipur (Daredevils), Ranchi (KKR) Daredevils will play 2 of their matches st Raipur in Chattisgarh while KKR will have two of their games at Ranchi. Good to see the matches being taken to newer centres, will help the younsters in those areas. Rajasthan Roayals are having issues at Japur and may play their matches at Ahmedabad / Rajkot. Pune Warriors are also having problems with the Maharashtra Cricket Association and may move to a new home base. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/ipl/news/Delhi-Daredevils-to-play-two-home-matches-in-Raipur-Shukla/articleshow/18150973.cms CSK and RCB need to do the same and play some of their matches at smaller centres in TN and Karnataka. CSK could play a few matches at Trichy and RCB at Mangalore or any other centre with a decent enough stadium.

Kohli handpicks Sandeep into RCB

KOCHI: Life is moving in the fast lane for Kerala speedster Sandeep Warrier. Just two months after he made his Ranji Trophy debut for Kerala, the 21-year old has earned a call from IPL franchisee Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) to join them for the upcoming season of IPL. And what is more exciting for Sandeep is the fact that his name was proposed to the management by none other than Indian team vice-captain and RCB's lynchpin Virat Kohli. "My only target when I made my Ranji Trophy debut was to pick some wickets for Kerala. I am glad that I did that. But being called to the Team India nets after Ranji matches and now being signed by IPL side RCB was something beyond my wildest dreams," said an elated Sandeep. Sandeep's impressive show with the ball in the Ranji season, where he picked up 24 wickets from his five matches, saw him being summoned to the Team India nets before the ODI against England in Kochi last Tuesday. The lanky pacer from Thrissur made quite an impression in the nets a day before the ODI in Kochi and the person who was most impressed by Sandeep's work ethics was Virat Kohli. And it took Kohli only a week to prevail upon the RCB management to have Sandeep in their team. "Sandeep's name was proposed to us by Virat. He spoke to us and told that the Kerala pacer was an exciting prospect. With a player like Virat proposing his name, all we did was watch some videos of Sandeep's bowling before deciding to offer him a contract," said a top official of RCB, who didn't wish to be named. It's learnt that Kolkata Knight Riders skipper Gautam Gambhir and Sandeep's Kerala teammate S Sreesanth, who plays for Rajasthan Royals in IPL, were also keen to have the pacer in their respective squads. But with Kohli moving swiftly, Sandeep decided to sign for Vijay Mallya's side. And the man who Sandeep credits for his dramatic rise is his coach K Ram Mohan. "I don't think I would have reached the level where I have reached now without his help and guidance. He is the one who has nurtured me and made me believe in my abilities. The Kerala Cricket Association too has offered me great support," added Sandeep. On the other hand, Ram Mohan believes Sandeep has the potential to play for India. "I want to see him play for India. And this is a big step in that direction. I hope he gets to play for RCB and proves his worth," said an excited coach. Sandeep won't be the lone Keralite in the RCB squad. Pacer Prasanth Parameshwaran, who joined the side on a one-year contract midway through the last IPL season, has been given a contract extension by RCB.
Source

This is great, Lot of our pacers were picked after a good show in IPL. Hope he continues the tradition. I like Virat kohli's eye for picking a good talent. Just shows he could be a good captain. I am happy gambhir did not get him in his KKR team. That midget did not play Shammi ahmed for 2 freaking years.

This is great, Lot of our pacers were picked after a good show in IPL. Hope he continues the tradition. I like Virat kohli's eye for picking a good talent. Just shows he could be a good captain. I am happy gambhir did not get him in his KKR team. That midget did not play Shammi ahmed for 2 freaking years.
If suggesting names makes someone a good captain, then Gambhir should also be a good captain, no?