Homeworkgate: Watson, Pattinson among four axed for third Test

NareshK

"Anytime you are suspended from a Test match, unless you have done something unbelievably wrong . . . I think it is very harsh," he said. "In the end I have got to live with it . . . I am at a stage where I have to weigh up my future with what I want to do with my cricket in general, to be honest."
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/shane-watson-eyes-tests-exit-after-four-axed-for-not-doing-homework/story-e6frg6n6-1226595111391?sv=765a3af2ab46d686493248d3a357727f#.UT3V-USzOrk.twitter

The Australian Reports

Watson, 31, was asked as he left the hotel if he thought the decision was too harsh. "Any time you are suspended from a Test match, unless you have done something unbelievably wrong and obviously everyone knows what those rules are - I think it is very harsh," he said. "In the end I have got to live with it. That is the decision they have made and at this point in time I am at a stage where I have to way up my future with what I want to do with my cricket in general. "I am going to spend the next few weeks with my family and weigh up my options as to exactly which direction I want to go or keep on. "I am going to have to sit down and work that out with my family. There are a lot more important things in life. I do love playing cricket and that passion is still there and I feel I am in the prime years of my cricket career." Asked to describe his emotions, Watson said he was "excited to be able to go home and not miss the birth of my baby" but also "absolutely shattered".

Watson contemplates future in cricket after axe http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/current/story/624562.html

Australia allrounder Shane Watson is considering his future in the game after being axed from the squad for the Mohali Test on disciplinary grounds and then leaving the tour to be with his pregnant wife. Watson was one of four players punished by the team management for ignoring team orders. "Any time you're suspended for a Test match unless you do something unbelievably wrong, and obviously everyone knows what those rules are . . . I think it is very harsh," Watson told Sydney Morning Herald. "At this point in time I'm at a stage where I'm sort of weighing up my future and what I want to do with my cricket in general, to be honest. I do love playing, there is no doubt about that, but at this point in time I'm going to spend the next few weeks with my family and just weigh up my options of just exactly which direction I want to go. "There are lot more important things in life - I certainly do love playing cricket and that passion is still there and I feel like I'm in the prime years of my cricket career. From that perspective I still feel like I've got a lot to give. But from a holistic perspective I've got to sit down with my family and decide which directions they are." More to follow

When Hussey retired, it was widely reorted he wanted to celebrate it along with the series win with his team mates. Clarke instead asked everyone to join an official yatch party by Packer. Hussey didn't want to go, Watson joined him and soon a lot of others also said they would stay back. Clarke than got that private party converted into an official CA party and everyone had to go. In the end only Siddle and Hussey din't go. Clarke thought Watson was trying to get the team behind him.. Was widely reported in the Aussie media, Rob or any other Aussie on the forum could you pls confirm it?