Homeworkgate: Watson, Pattinson among four axed for third Test

NareshK

oz attack is very over rated for south africa abbot guy came in and got 7 wickets..still no hype:haha: cummings get 5-6 and he is best young talent ever...and after that has not even played any test match! i..
You must also see the difference between two batting sides of Pak and SA. Any wicket against SA will have more value than a wicket against Pak.
I hope after this fiasco, CA decides to replace the coach and I hope they select Duncan Fletcher for the job and he accepts. That would be the best thing to happen to Indian cricket in the last couple of years :pray:
no CA cant change coach this quick thats against their standard :giggle:
There appears to be a rift between Australia captain Michael Clarke and vice-captain Shane Watson, with a senior Cricket Australia official saying they have to, "sort their issues out." Cricket Australia high performance manager Pat Howard also had a clear dig at Watson's attitude, saying: "I think he acts in the best interests of the team ... sometimes." Asked about the relationship between the Test leaders, Howard replied: "They have normal difficulties that anybody has in a relationship. "The reality is Michael's a strong driver and Shane and Michael have had 18 months together to work on that. "I'm not going to get drawn into that conversation, the captain and vice captain have got to sort their issues out. "If Michael wants to raise it as a greater issue then that can come forward."
http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/australia/live-cricket-australia-high-performance-manager-pat-howard-explains-decision-to-axe-four-test-players/story-fn2mcu3x-1226595605035#ixzz2NIl8gBD4
Now the Aussie high performance chief Pat Howard questions Watson's commitment. Says Watson plays for the team 'sometimes'. Think this should be the end of Watson's international career.
yea i think CA going to take strong action against watto. feeling sad for him

Aus media praise Clarke, Arthur

The Australian media on Monday backed the team management's decision to suspend four players, including vice-captain Shane Watson, ahead of the third Test against India, saying the "infamous four deserve no sympathy for their feckless disregard for the team ethos and culture." The majority of the Australian cricketing fraternity may have criticised coach Mickey Arthur for the unprecedented move, but a report in the Herald Sun lauded the coach and captain Michael Clarke for their bold decision. "What a disgrace. Australia's infamous four deserve not a shred of sympathy for their feckless disregard for the team ethos and culture aimed at returning Australia to the apex of world cricket. In the past week, coach Mickey Arthur and the selectors have copped an absolute hammering from Australian cricket fans for the team's dismal performances on this wretched tour of India. They have been dubbed a shambles. A team with serious performance problems. Some may have even questioned their passion, and whether they truly care about the baggy green. Today, Michael Clarke and Mickey Arthur should be applauded for their relentless desire to bring success back to Australian cricket,"it added. Watson and three other key players -- pacers James Pattinson and Mitchell Johnson and batsman Usman Khawaja were dropped from the squad for the third Test for failing to make a presentation on how to improve their personal as well as the team's performance after the innings and 135 runs defeat in the second Test in Hyderabad. "The actions of Shane Watson, Mitchell Johnson, James Pattinson and Usman Khawaja are a kick in the guts for the standards of excellence Clarke and Arthur are trying to establish," the report said. "That one of the four should openly be seen smiling just moments after the announcement underlines the attitudinal problems that are eroding the team's collective ambitions. Watson, Johnson, Pattinson and Khawaja are paid more than $500,000 a year to play cricket for their country. That they failed to take part in a peer review aimed at improving the team is an indictment on their professionalism and shows a lack of respect for their colleagues and the baggy green," the report added. Another major daily of Australia also stood behind Arthur and Clarke, saying the quartet had only got themselves to blame for their axing. "The standing down of four squad members - including the vice-captain Shane Watson - is the head coach's undeniable statement that enough is enough. It has already echoed around the cricket world. Known to be intolerable towards bad attitudes or players who put themselves before the team, Arthur gathered Watson, James Pattinson, Mitchell Johnson and Usman Khawaja aside, one by one, and spelled out a few home truths." "At home it was met with incredulity. How could professional sportsmen be treated as children? How can they be sacked for not completing homework? Is this an early April Fool's joke? The quartet's failure to complete the task asked of them - to deliver a presentation, by email or in person, explaining their virtues - was simply the trigger, however. The attitudes among some had been slipping before this assignment was handed out. Not all players are completing the 'wellness reports' that they are meant to fill in every morning, and the management team - Arthur, captain Michael Clarke and team manager Gavin Dovey - argue discipline has been on the slide for some time," the report added.
http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/54703/aus-media-praise-clarke-arthur/?utm_source=ig&utm_medium=news&utm_campaign=gadget

Pattinson acting like a sock puppet http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2013/content/current/story/624623.html

"We had a training session yesterday and we apologised to the team about it," Pattinson said on Tuesday. "It does hurt, missing a Test match. It's not only that, you let your team down as well. At the time I was told I was quite upset. At the start I didn't take it as well as I probably could have. The easy thing for me was to make excuses and say it's a harsh punishment. "But the reality is it's not - it's part of playing cricket for Australia. You've got to do everything right. It wasn't hard for the other 12 blokes to get it in on time and they took the time out to really reflect and do what's best for the team whereas we four didn't. Right now I'm still hurting about it but in the long run I think it's going to make us a better team." "It was one of those things where I didn't put in 100% for the team," Pattinson said. "At this level you can't forget. It's pretty cut throat and personally not good enough. It wasn't a hard task at all and it was something that was very valuable for the team going forward. It comes down to preparation for a Test, you can prepare in the nets and the batting, bowling and fielding but preparing off the field as well is just as important. "It shows a lack of respect to the coach, the captain as well, and the rest of the team. I know if I was in their position, as a team member, I'd be quite disappointed in them for being a bit selfish. People talk about it as a harsh punishment but looking deeply into it you realise probably it's not. If you want to be part of the Australian cricket team you have to do everything right. It's not acceptable. I believe it's the right punishment. Everyone in the group needs to understand that this is the lengths we need to go to to be successful as a team." "They're entitled to their opinion and a lot of the players that are saying that were great players and they probably didn't have to deal with this stuff because they were in a period of time when they were on top of the world," Pattinson said. "We're in a different position. We're trying to build a culture. We've got a lot of young guys. I think other people are starting to come around a bit more and understand the reasons behind it."
Dear James, Simpson and Border build the BEST team from a team of shambles. They were pathetic than you were. So no, they were not the TOP team in the world. Simpson ended people's careers not for petty note taking but for cricketing reasons. Remember that's the sport you play? Dear Arthur, Clarke and Team Manager (whatever the feck your name is), It should be noted that Hughes and Warner's sweep shots in the 2nd innings of the 2nd Test match was a more serious transgression than this especially when it was clearly discussed in the team meeting NOT to play cross batted shots. Not only did they let the team down but also contributed to the collective team failure. Why don't you draw a "line in the sand" for a perfectly valid cricketing reason? You seem to be plagued with selective amnesia.
when you say Australia were crap during Simpson and Border period. they were not that crap were they?
When Simpson took over, Australia had not won a Test match in 14 attempts and had gone without winning a series in 2 years. Talk about being cr@p! Pattinson's argument is straw man! The team management lets off the players who let the team down due to cricket and censures players for off the field things like 3-point notes & wellness repors? I don't think this makes any sense. The ex-players have rightly criticized this stupidity. This includes Alan Border and Ian Chappell - two of the harshest critiques you will ever come across.
You must also see the difference between two batting sides of Pak and SA. Any wicket against SA will have more value than a wicket against Pak.
I considered everything and still think they make each and every bowler sound like world beater already well they are not.. Most have pace but only pattinson looks like good enough to compete with best and siddle is another one Well i have high hopes from starc too but he has long way to go.. So in the end which aussie pacer was good vs south africa or england? En these aussies picked wickets against weaker teams and bullied them.. My point with abbot was remember last year pattinson performed well vs weak new zealand team how much hype did he got? How is this 7 wicket haul vs pak any different from it?
^^You cant really discount performances against "weak" teams because test cricket is played only among 10 nations and if you remove the weak teams' date=' cricket is basically a 3 or 4 team game. :cantstop:[/quote'] Agree with that.. So why ignore abbot's 7 wicket haul? All im asking for is consistency..