IPL 2013 - Mumbai Indians

1983-2011

Won't happen thanks to the politics over SL cricketers playing in Chennai.
ohh ya, next match in Chennai :facepalm: Damn.... MI can't play the best bowler in IPL history thanks to Chennai politics :whack: All CSK matches should have got shifted out of TN.

ohh ya, next match in Chennai :facepalm: Damn.... MI can't play the best bowler in IPL history thanks to Chennai politics :whack: All CSK matches should have got shifted out of TN.
Fairness is a word which doesn't exist in Srinivasan Baba's dictionary. KKR and CSK are the only teams not affected by this nonsense. CSK has Kulasekara but they aren't heavily dependant on him, so everything plays into their hands.

Taught they were not that bad in first game. Ponting and Sachin can be a good opening pair. However' date=' they need to balance their teams in terms of quantity of batsman vs bowlers.[/quote'] I think the balance is fine. Can't afford to play with a bowler less. Its the batting order that needs to be reshuffled. Tendulkar Rohit Sharma Karthik Pollard Ponting Rayadu Oram/Mitchell rest...

I think the balance is fine. Can't afford to play with a bowler less. Its the batting order that needs to be reshuffled. Tendulkar Rohit Sharma Karthik Pollard Ponting Rayadu Oram/Mitchell rest...
ponting is a poor player of spin. He needs to be opening to face pace. Murali had him dancing. Tendulkar Ponting Kartick Sharma Pollard Rayadu Johnson Oram/Malinga (if fit) Bhajji Kulkarni/Nechim Ojha/ Bumrah Mumbai need to look beyond Munaf patel. The man can field to save his life. You cant carry a dead weight in the field at the T20 level.

These days teams open with Spin & pace equally & the opening bat has to be good against both
i know that. But as he is the captain and cant be dropped IMO he is better suited to opening. If i was him i would personally drop myself.

i know that. But as he is the captain and cant be dropped IMO he is better suited to opening. If i was him i would personally drop myself.
Why make Ponting the captain in the first place? That ensures that he has to be started. One foreign player slot is compulsorily occupied. We should have kept Bhajji as the captain. Just hope the management have thought this through.

Why make Ponting the captain in the first place? That ensures that he has to be started. One foreign player slot is compulsorily occupied. We should have kept Bhajji as the captain. Just hope the management have thought this through.
It's not managements decision. It's somebody else...:giggle:

fully agree Based on the first match even Pontings captaincy in the field was ordinary.

It's not managements decision. It's somebody else...:giggle:
come on dude, it was ponting decision to give Munaf the last over when Johnson (who was bowling well) had an over up his sleeve. That over went for nearly 16-20 runs (cant remember). I saw ponting immediately toss the ball to Munaf. Enough of this "lets all blame sachin for everything" mentality.

come on dude, it was ponting decision to give Munaf the last over when Johnson (who was bowling well) had an over up his sleeve. That over went for nearly 16-20 runs (cant remember). I saw ponting immediately toss the ball to Munaf. Enough of this "lets all blame sachin for everything" mentality.
That's the way it is. It's like Congress party. Power centre is somewhere else. And people are made official PM or captain to get all the blame...