Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Laaloo

Thinking more and more about this seems like a domestic terrorism to me. I mean a pressure cooker really? Maybe someone was pissed at the marathon authorities or general. It doesn't take a lot to piss someone off these days especially in America. As Alfred said in the Batman, Some people just want to watch the world burn :((

Thinking more and more about this seems like a domestic terrorism to me. I mean a pressure cooker really? Maybe someone was pissed at the marathon authorities or general. It doesn't take a lot to piss someone off these days especially in America. As Alfred said in the Batman, Some people just want to watch the world burn :((
laaloo bhai update do.

As details emerge, this looks more and more like a domestic lone wolf terrorist or at most a small group working without the financial/logistical support of a large terror organization. All the components used in bombs (especially pressure cookers) seem to be the kind used in subcontinent bomb blasts but they are also easy to procure in the United States. The devices also seemed to be geared for causing panic/injuries yet not claim so many casualties. Given the occasion of Patriot's day I am slightly leaning towards the theory of an nationalist right wing nutjob than a islamic religious nutjob.

RIP. i hope it was not done by any muslim. pls pls pls
C'mmon man...why are you worried even if it's a muslim? Do I feel corrosive just because Ram Singh the degenerate killer who shares my religious ideology(at least on paper) raped and killed that girl in Delhi? Would I consider my white microbiologist roommate to be an extension of the loony political terrorist Timothy McVeigh just because he shares the same skin color? You cannot possibly control or vouch for 1 billion plus Muslims out there just because they are affiliated with your faith. You've got nothing to apologize or be worried about....you do not represent their actions and they do not represent your discourse as long as you do not condone such activity and strictly condemn them as best as you can. In the end we're all liable ourselves for the path we choose to derive.

C'mmon man...why are you worried even if it's a muslim? Do I feel corrosive just because Ram Singh the degenerate killer who shares my religious ideology(at least on paper) raped and killed that girl in Delhi? Would I consider my white microbiologist roommate to be an extension of the loony political terrorist Timothy McVeigh just because he shares the same skin color? You cannot possibly control or vouch for 1 billion plus Muslims out there just because they are affiliated with your faith. You've got nothing to apologize or be worried about....you do not represent their actions and they do not represent your discourse as long as you do not condone such activity and strictly condemn them as best as you can. In the end we're all liable ourselves for the path we choose to derive.
Bhai, excellently said...hats off to you... But heres the thing, i dont even know how to say this properly or in what order to say it, but HATE CRIMES IS MY BIGGEST WORRY! if its a muslim guy who did this, then all of the other muslims, desiz and many other races of people would be under threat of hate crime! believe it or not, i got picked on once today because of the boston bombing, and god knows, how many more i have to go through... heres an example: YivxImox3B8
Bhuiyan had moved to Texas from New York as it was cheaper and a friend had offered a partnership at a gas station.[2] After the September 11 attacks, day laborer Mark Anthony Stroman went on a killing spree against people who he viewed as Arab due to a vision he was seeking revenge against the 9/11 attacks. On Sept. 15, 2001, Waqar Hasan, a Pakistani immigrant, was killed in Dallas. Bhuiyan begged his partner at the gas station to increase security, something he refused to do.[2] On September 21, 2001, Stroman walked into Bhuiyan's gas station, and while Bhuiyan was handing over the money asked, "Where are you from?" Before he could answer, Stroman shot him in the face with a shotgun.[2] Bhuiyan ran to the barbershop next door, and a man in the shop called 911.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rais_Bhuiyan So yeah, thats kinda my biggest fear....if anything happens to any one of my family, the whole family will be torn apart..

Dad of 8 yr old boy that was killed works with our company; his wife is still critical and the daughter also hurt Sad news was passed along- such a gloomy day at work :-(
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/fbi-holds-news-conference-marathon-bombings-133152749.html
The family had gone to get ice cream and had returned to watch runners along Boylston Street when they witnessed the first blast, according to Lynch. He said the family immediately tried to move off the sidewalk into the street, in an attempt to get away from buildings out of fear of another blast. That’s when the second bomb struck, killing Richard and severely injuring his mother, Denise, and his six-year-old sister, Jane.
Truly Sad. :'-(

Watching the videos again, what was fascinating was that people were running towards the site of the incident. I saw a lot of people helping out and rescuing people. Gotta :adore: for that. Well done the citizens of the US for limiting the damange

I'll do it after getting approval from other mos/admins but can tell you one thing straight up that you are posting here because I vehemently fought against your permanent ban on multiple occasions.
Aap toh jasbaati ho gaye. Chalo, I will support you now in your BBM mission. :icflove:

Watching the videos again' date=' what was fascinating was that people were running towards the site of the incident. I saw a lot of people helping out and rescuing people. Gotta :adore: for that. Well done the citizens of the US for limiting the damange[/quote'] Watch out for those police officials who are moving towards the first explosion w/o giving a second thought. :hatsoff:

The crowd sourced investigation is really cool! The 4chan community has analyzed some photographs including some users on reddit. There is some really good investigation going on with the limited resources they have. The FBI has been passed on tips too. Before people put up the pedigree argument here, remember it is OK to have Type II errors. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AgtCl8YvqiBodEl0bkFkR1ZhR3gtZFU5RnRlbzZPS0E&f=true&noheader=true&gid=0

about time. http://www.bostonglobe.com/2013/04/17/boston-medical-center-reports-five-year-old-boy-critical-condition-victims-treated-from-boston-marathon-bombings/UiktKly60y4m8UVHeNu8NP/story.html

Suspect to be taken to federal court, AP reports Image shows suspect carrying, perhaps dropping, black bag An official briefed on the Boston Marathon bombing investigation said today that authorities have an image of a suspect carrying, and perhaps dropping, a black bag at the second bombing scene on Boylston Street, outside of the Forum restaurant. Investigators are “very close” in the investigation, said the official, who declined to be named. That official said authorities may publicize their finding as early as this afternoon. The same official also said a surveillance camera at Lord & Taylor, located directly across the street, has provided clear video of the area, though it was unclear whether the image of the suspect was taken from that camera. Authorities planned to brief the media on the progress of the investigation at 5 p.m. today. “The camera from Lord & Taylor is the best source of video so far,” said Dot Joyce, a spokeswoman for Boston Mayor Thomas M. Menino. “All I know is that they are making progress.” Police Commissioner Edward F. Davis said shortly before noon after leaving FBI headquarters that investigators were “working hard and there’s a lot going on,” but he had no comment on whether progress had been made. No arrests were reported this morning. The Associated Press reported this afternoon that a suspect had been taken into custody in the bombing case, citing a law enforcement source. The suspect was to be brought to federal court, the news service reported. Authorities had appealed to the public for video and photographs of the area near the bombing scene at the finish line of the marathon, noting that many people among the crowd were likely to have taken photos of the conclusion of the world-renowned event. Two bombs exploded within seconds of each other at 2:50 p.m. Monday near the Boylston Street finish line, killing three people and injuring 176, many of whom suffered major trauma from flying shrapnel, including nails and ball bearings that authorities have said were stuffed into the explosive devices by their makers. A massive investigation is underway, involving local, state, and federal law enforcement, and officials have promised to go to the “ends of the earth” to find the culprit or culprits. A spokesman for President Obama said at a Washington media briefing that the president would bring a message of “resolve” and “commonality” when he travels to the city Thursday for an interfaith service at the Cathedral of the Holy Cross. “The way that the people of Boston and the city of Boston responded reminds us — and reminds the world — of just who we are as a people,” Jay Carney said in a media briefing in Washington, where he was also questioned about poisoned letters sent to the president and a senator. Asked whether the letters and the bombs were considered linked, Carney deferred to an FBI statement that said there was no indication of a connection. The bombings killed Martin Richard, 8, of Dorchester; Krystle Campbell, 29, of Arlington, and Boston University graduate student Lingzu Lu, a native of Shenyang, China, who was in her 20s. The Globe reported today that investigators had found evidence that timing devices were used to detonate the bombs. Working at the city’s largest-ever crime scene, investigators also *determined that bombs were probably fashioned from 6-liter pressure cookers, filled with nails and small ball bearings, like buckshot, to increase the carnage, and then hidden in black nylon bags or backpacks and left on the ground. CNN and the Associated Press reported this morning that the lid of one of the pressure cookers was located on the rooftop of a nearby building. FBI bomb experts at the FBI Academy in Quantico, Va., will try to rebuild the devices from fragments that include a circuit board that indicated the bombs were detonated on a timer, rather than remote control. The FBI, which is leading the investigation into the bombing, had asked the public for tips on anyone who may have been lugging a heavy black bag near the finish line.