Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Laaloo

People did not voluntarily stay in "lock down" - they were either doing it out of fear or the police requested to.
They always a choice as no one is forcing them, but they choose to co-operate with the police. That would have never happened in India. Something for our Indian public to learn as well. Anyways, this lesson proves that to fight criminals, the whole society (police + public + government) must work together. India does not have that equation and thus we have failed so far.

They always a choice as no one is forcing them, but they choose to co-operate with the police. That would have never happened in India. Something for our Indian public to learn as well. Anyways, this lesson proves that to fight criminals, the whole society (police + public + government) must work together. India does not have that equation and thus we have failed so far.
It was almost forced - taxi services etc. closed down. But I agree, that those people co-operated with the police. Why? Well, if you have faith in an institution you co-operate. I also agree to your holistic - police + government + public theory.

Also, using 'resilent' to a city/city people after a tragedy is so cliche'd. Which city is not resilent? When tragedy strikes, other than the family, who will sit down at home and mope? After a few days everybody is back to their jobs after get on with their lives. Boston is resilent, New York city was after 9/11, etc. Total BS.

Also' date= using 'resilent' to a city/city people after a tragedy is so cliche'd. Which city is not resilent? When tragedy strikes, other than the family, who will sit down at home and mope? After a few days everybody is back to their jobs after get on with their lives. Boston is resilent, New York city was after 9/11, etc. Total BS.
Very true. However I am not sure if there is any other word that rallies the people of a terror hit city. any better. Speaking specifically about Boston, I was a bit unamused when I saw kids (mostly students) in streets chanting Boston-Boston once the terrorist was captured. What exactly did that signify? Not sure but maybe at times like this people do weird unexplainable things. Kind of liked David Ortiz (Big Papi from Red Sox) whole - This is our f*king city comment though.

Mr. WannabeKnowitall, This is America, there is no such thing as "forced curfew". The police can only request people to lock themselves but it's in the People's right to not follow what the police says while practicing their freedom. Which technically derives to "voluntary lock-down" People simply cooperated with the police by voluntarily locking themselves in their homes, offices etc.

They dont want even one more innocent to get killed. usually forces tire out suspects so they surrender or are less aggressive. What if he is in a house with a normal family with bombs around the house ?How do you think technology can help the forces in that situation ?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_ztMtty9fY]Helicopter Video - YouTube[/ame] This is how technology can help. They cornered the suspect, could see his movements, fired at him etc etc. That dude was a sitting duck!

Mr. WannabeKnowitall, This is America, there is no such thing as "forced curfew". The police can only request people to lock themselves but it's in the People's right to not follow what the police says while practicing their freedom. Which technically derives to "voluntary lock-down" People simply cooperated with the police by voluntarily locking themselves in their homes, offices etc.
I believe there was a forced curfew and subsequently the curfew was lifted http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/266672#.UXP3yrVaWSo

I believe there was a forced curfew and subsequently the curfew was lifted http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/266672#.UXP3yrVaWSo
israel national news...:hmmm: It was an advisory to the public to keep away from the streets to allow the law enforcement to be more efficient and of course public safety concerns.
The "voluntary curfew" (or whatever the sh!t you want to call it) was because people scared for their life and not because of some misplaced sense of American righteousness - know the difference.
and the point is?

The point is that call a spade a spade. You are making a decision made out sheer fear plus a complete lock down (no public services etc.) as "co-operation with the police". However, I will agree to you that American citizens would co-operate with the police more than Indian citizens. But, the actual issue is faith/effectiveness in the US justice system and not because Indian citizens do not want to co-operate. Culture always flows top-down, not bottom-up.

The point is that call a spade a spade. You are making a decision made out sheer fear plus a complete lock down (no public services etc.) as "co-operation with the police". However' date=' I will agree to you that American citizens would co-operate with the police more than Indian citizens. But, the actual issue is faith/effectiveness in the US justice system and not because Indian citizens do not want to co-operate. Culture always flows top-down, not bottom-up.[/quote'] Let's read this one more time and then read my first post about "voluntary lock down". After that, come back and tell me where you disagree. :hmmm:

^It's not enforced. It's something the public can choose or not choose to cooperate with! How hard is it? Deval patrick - "We are asking people to shelter in place...we're asking the public to take it seriously to assist the law enforcement by following those simple instructions...we're going to need public to help us help them stay safe"...Public helped them help public stay safe by following those simple instructions. It's not enforced, more like a request. Media will obviously use all the words in their dictionary to make a spicy headline! Media is a business after all

Just today, the Mississippi river has been blocked for a certain stretch due to stray barges. It's not voluntary but enforced. I have personally been asked to evacuate from the Everglades National Park due to an approaching hurricane - not that I wanted to stay there in the hurricane, but there was no choice offered.

Very true. However I am not sure if there is any other word that rallies the people of a terror hit city. any better. Speaking specifically about Boston, I was a bit unamused when I saw kids (mostly students) in streets chanting Boston-Boston once the terrorist was captured. What exactly did that signify? Not sure but maybe at times like this people do weird unexplainable things. Kind of liked David Ortiz (Big Papi from Red Sox) whole - This is our f*king city comment though.
I was amused though. Extremely sad that 3 people died. But just to get the context right, these are kids recently killed from drones images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQctdcxEh3aODku0sn6D9BGUsmFsAwhFimML6hv7-2pGM_jI0Je4Q So this misplaced sense of self righteousness is interesting to observe.

I was amused though. Extremely sad that 3 people died. But just to get the context right, these are kids recently killed from drones images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQctdcxEh3aODku0sn6D9BGUsmFsAwhFimML6hv7-2pGM_jI0Je4Q So this misplaced sense of self righteousness is interesting to observe.
No use mate. Had this same incident happened anywhere else, nobody would care. At best, it would maybe be given a small paragraph or two in the margins somewhere. RIP to the victims but a sense of proportionality in the reporting is needed. They won't shut up about this incident here in Seoul, ironic since they have more immediate and pressing dangers to worry about.

Just today' date=' the Mississippi river has been blocked for a certain stretch due to stray barges. It's not voluntary but enforced. I have personally been asked to evacuate from the Everglades National Park due to an approaching hurricane - not that I wanted to stay there in the hurricane, but there was no choice offered.[/quote'] Its illegal to make you follow their orders unless if you are causing a crime or hurting someone else. They can warn you or request you. During storm sandy,millions of people we asked to either move to a safer area or stay inside. A lot of people didn't follow these warnings.

Its illegal to make you follow their orders unless if you are causing a crime or hurting someone else. They can warn you or request you. During storm sandy' date='millions of people we asked to either move to a safer area or stay inside. A lot of people didn't follow these warnings.[/quote'] Were you sleeping in Sandy? There were two categories of evacuations - mandatory and voluntary.