Dear Virat! Mumbai says Hi!

Prakat

so what does TN banning SL players tell you about TN in general?
For God’s sake, can you please stop viewing everything that is being said via the partisan state lens? I am not speaking as a Tamil, I am speaking as an Indian and I feel ashamed that the crowd at an Indian venue has such an appalling record of bad behavior. And whether the crowd’s in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata or Madras, it is immaterial to me. And btw, for those who are defending the crowd’s actions as ‘oh it is just mere booing.. these sissy players should grow pair..’, then you are clearly missing the point. Go read Yuvraj’s comments from when Kings XI played at Mumbai in 2008. He said that the Mumbai crowd dished out some of the worst kinds of abuse at him, despite him being one of India’s premier cricketers. I am pretty sure something very similar happened to Virat as well. These players wear their Indian pride on their hearts and their sleeve. It must have come as a rude shock to them, when they are subjected to such despicable abuse.

VVS' date=' that 'cheater' chant has nothing ugly about it. You need to watch some matches in a ground to realize what a crowd is like.[/quote'] :agree: if a particular section of the crowd likes player X to field near the boundary but instead player Y comes to field there then thats a good enough reason for the crowd to say a few choice words to Y.

For God’s sake, can you please stop viewing everything that is being said via the partisan state lens? I am not speaking as a Tamil, I am speaking as an Indian and I feel ashamed that the crowd at an Indian venue has such an appalling record of bad behavior. And whether the crowd’s in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata or Madras, it is immaterial to me. And btw, for those who are defending the crowd’s actions as ‘oh it is just mere booing.. these sissy players should grow pair..’, then you are clearly missing the point. Go read Yuvraj’s comments from when Kings XI played at Mumbai in 2008. He said that the Mumbai crowd dished out some of the worst kinds of abuse at him, despite him being one of India’s premier cricketers. I am pretty sure something very similar happened to Virat as well. These players wear their Indian pride on their hearts and their sleeve. It must have come as a rude shock to them, when they are subjected to such despicable abuse.
Are you serious? :hysterical: The same cricketer shows his middle finger to crowds, makes obscene gestures and abuses all other Indian cricketers. People who behave like Kohli deserve much worse.

Such useless vitriol does not anything to the discussion.
Who started calling Pune 'Pune Puppies'? :hmmm: Oh, that was all fun and games right? So, why is this not fun and games? Please don't do a hokey and pretentious discussion. Make points on the basis of facts and reality. There is always some sort of talk and banter in spectator sports, and taking a moral high ground on that is simply naive and ridiculous.

VVS' date=' that 'cheater' chant has nothing ugly about it. You need to watch some matches in a ground to realize what a crowd is like.[/quote'] If it is common everywhere why do you think players targert mostly Mumbai crowd in India :hmmm: . There is something players don't like about Mumbai crowd.. it cannot be coincidence.

the bottomline is that teams were denied key players. The fans in chepuk are part of TN as anybody else. This was never a tamil issue. As many people are chepuk may not be Tamil but still vote in the elections.

You are talking as if people of Tamil nadu dont support this decision. Govt was forced to take this decision because there were massive student protests.
so in short people did not wanted right ? sorry i dont have proper information about htis issue so wont comment on it any more but my reply was to vvs who said its not fault of people.. anyway its not same thing imo and on topic these chanting are part of sports infact in cricket we dont see it often enough for my liking :giggle:

so in short people did not wanted right ? sorry i dont have proper information about htis issue so wont comment on it any more but my reply was to vvs who said its not fault of people.. anyway its not same thing imo and on topic these chanting are part of sports infact in cricket we dont see it often enough for my liking :giggle:
the bottomline is the majority in TN have voted for the DMK and the AIADMK. They both did not want SL players in chennai. That is a fact. Now for the DMK it is highly ironic considering their stakes in CSK and Sunrisers. But for political reasons they have backed in. The crowd in Chennai represents the views of the parties they vote in.

If it is common everywhere why do you think players targert mostly Mumbai crowd in India :hmmm: . There is something players don't like about Mumbai crowd.. it cannot be coincidence.
Simply because Mumbai is possibly the only ground whether slogans and chants are organised. One row starts, every other row takes it up and it spreads across the ground. It's a lively, electrifying audience. All the cheers and chants are sung out together. And obviously the Mumbai crowd is intense and competitive, and don't spare their rivals.

so why not move matches out of chennai? surely the people who come to the matches actually vote for one of the two political parties? Most likely the majority of the adults at Chepuk have voted for either the DMK or AIADMK
Why? IPL is about revenue as well. You have to pose this question to IPL administrators. By the way you don't really understand how seriously srilankan issue is being discussed in TN. Even some guys were ready to immolate themselves over this issue . Same Murali who was cheered by CSK fans is getting trolled by TN guys for his comment. Unless and until you understand the dynamics of Lankan issue in TN you won't grasp it.

Simply because Mumbai is possibly the only ground whether slogans and chants are organised. One row starts, every other row takes it up and it spreads across the ground. It's a lively, electrifying audience. All the cheers and chants are sung out together.
If cheat is one of the "slogan" problem is with crowd. sorry i have to disagree with you there.

Why? IPL is about revenue as well. You have to pose this question to IPL administrators. By the way you don't really understand how seriously srilankan issue is being discussed in TN. Even some guys were ready to immolate themselves over this issue . Same Murali who was cheered by CSK fans is getting trolled by TN guys for his comment. Unless and until you understand the dynamics of Lankan issue in TN you won't grasp it.
Well the biggest admin in Indian cricket is DMK henchman Srinivasan. Dynamic does not concern me. That does concern me is these players were selected and then axed in chennai. I can understand it as a mark of principle if from the very beginning SL players were banned. For me TN and their crowds (the people who vote the parties in) must take the blame.

Chennai Crowd tbf is known to be a very sporting crowd...remember Ind-Pak test :dontknow: Mumbai crowd I dont mind them booing indian players in IPL games...the Symonds racist incident was a black mark though. Also in the WC final they not only cheered for Malinga but also for Murali acknowledging his last ODI apprearence-So will give them B.O.D

Similarly, you won't grasp the matter unless you understand how passionate and intense Mumbai fans are.

the bottomline is the majority in TN have voted for the DMK and the AIADMK. They both did not want SL players in chennai. That is a fact. Now for the DMK it is highly ironic considering their stakes in CSK and Sunrisers. But for political reasons they have backed in. The crowd in Chennai represents the views of the parties they vote in.
yeah i know that but u see i dont even know about parties and whole issue .. so i wont really comment on it.. and to be honest its not related to this discussion .. if it was such a big issue they should have shifted matches out of chennai..