Sreesanth, Chandilla and Ankit Chavan arrested for spot fixing in IPL

The one thing he should do now is to cooperate with the cops and give up the names of all the Indian players who are fixing that he knows. They all know what's going on and if there are three guys fixing at just ONE IPL team then one can only imagine what the story might be for ten teams.
From that perspective, the cops have the best one in their custody. He will surely crack under pressure and reveal more names. I do hope they take this case to a logical conclusion and rid our cricket of this malaise for the time being.

Fake notes with bookies led to Spot fixing arrests SRC: Midday

Fake notes racket: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) had arrested a person circulating fake currency notes in Delhi. During his interrogation they found that the fake notes were being circulated to bookies in Delhi. The NIA shared this information with the Intelligence Bureau (IB) team. Phone tapping: The IB sleuths began monitoring the phone calls of several top bookies based in Delhi and found that they were receiving huge amounts of fake currency notes from across the border Currency trail: The top Pakistani bookies like Dr UBL, Javed Bhai, Master Salman, Sharif Bhai and Rehmatulla pay their bets to the Indian bookies through fake currency that is printed in Pakistan. It is transported to India via Nepal, Bangladesh, Rajasthan and Gujarat. Cash flow: The fake currency notes are then distributed among various punters, bookmakers across India. The bookies pay off their bets by including about 21% fake notes in the bundle of cash Spot-fixing: While screening the calls, the IB discovered that the bookies were having several conversations with cricketers and also spot-fixing matches in the IPL. They passed on the details to the Delhi police, and the latter began a probe in the spot-fixing scandal
So Amit Singh has transformed into a bookie now :facepalm:
Why the face palm?! imo bookie seems to be quite a descent job after any failed cricket career. Its not the job, but the way you are doing it is the problem. Since you are also a bookie mod in icf, I guess you should know that better than Amit :winky:
And that is Dhoni's fault that he got greedy and took money? I have criticized Dhoni for selling Sree down the river during that press conference, but this is completely Santh's fault and he deserves every iota of punishment he gets and some more.
I did not say it was dhoni fault.I just said he surely knew his career was over so he went on berserk on twitter after that his chances were zilch.
Why the face palm?! imo bookie seems to be quite a descent job after any failed cricket career. Its not the job' date=' but the way you are doing it is the problem. [b']Since you are also a bookie mod in icf, I guess you should know that better than Amit :winky:
Yea right. I give away 60 lakhs to ICFers who make 14 post in an hour for me.
From that perspective' date=' the cops have the best one in their custody. He will surely crack under pressure and reveal more names. I do hope they take this case to a logical conclusion and rid our cricket of this malaise for the time being.[/quote'] Yes. And being the outcast of Indian cricket, he has nothing to gain from protecting anyone. List the names of all Indian players involved - no matter how big the name is. The only reason Sreesanth and the others were confident of doing it so brazenly despite all the warnings can be that they were seeing others get away with it.

Reminds me of the desi child predators caught in the states....they acted all innocent and naive til arrested then broke down claiming big mistake and been lured into this by others. They suddenly realized it was a "mistake" after getting caught. D1ckwats.

Contradicting Lalit Modi's claim that the Indian Premier League governing council (read the Board of Control for Cricket in India) and the International Cricket Council were caught napping in the spot-fixing case, former Indian Test all-rounder Ravi Shastri feels there are enough precautions in place. Points Table | Scorecard | Schedule | Stats In various TV interviews on Thursday, former IPL commissioner Modi had slammed the BCCI and its lack of governance for the spot-fixing scandal. Modi said he had warned the IPL about match-fixing but the bosses did nothing. "It's the tail-end of the tournament and it's really very shocking that neither the ICC nor the IPL management got wind of it (spot-fixing)," Modi said, adding that he had sent the IPL COO Sunder Raman an email from an English journalist, who suspected at least five matches this season were allegedly fixed. Modi criticized the BCCI "for sleeping" over the threat. Shastri, who was a Modi confidant when the cash-rich T20 championship was launched in 2008, now differs with the former IPL boss. Writing in his newspaper column, Shastri said: "I insist with a hand on my heart that this edition has been brilliant. The quality of cricket has been top-class. Enough preventive measures have been put in place." BCCI president N. Srinivasan too had emphasized on Thursday that the Board had taken necessary steps to curb betting. "We have an anti-corruption code and an anti-doping code. We have advised state units on steps to be taken. So the involvement of a Test player (Sreesanth) is shocking," Srinivasan said. Modi has attacked Srinivasan, calling him a 'monster' who runs global cricket from Chennai. Modi and Srinivasan have been at loggerheads ever since the 49-year-old former IPL chairman was suspended in April 2010 for financial irregularities. "During my time there were no reports of spot-fixing, match-fixing in IPL. The tournament was clean," said Modi. Saying the IPL took all precautions to guard against match-fixing, Modi said the spot-fixing incidents reflected poorly on the system of governance. Now Shastri has defended the IPL and its franchises, saying "two or three black sheep can't or shouldn't take the smile off their (Rajasthan Royals) faces." The former Test star says: "Zero tolerance is the buzz word among the franchises and the IPL's Governing Council. I, being part of the Governing Council, know fully well how integrity is completely non-negotiable, be it in spirit or action." Unlike Modi's allegation of being sloppy, Shastri also praised the BCCI for quickly suspending the players on the basis of police reports. http://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/news/207897-ipl-2013-spot-fixing-ravi-shastri-disagrees-with-lalit-modi-says-enough-checks-in-place
Reminds me of the desi child predators caught in the states....they acted all innocent and naive til arrested then broke down claiming big mistake and been lured into this by others. They suddenly realized it was a "mistake" after getting caught. D1ckwats.
Sreesanth is a 30-year old man with nearly a decade's experience of international cricket...there is not even the slightest excuse he can make. He knew exactly what he was getting into - under performing to get money and women. Grade A scumbag who will deservedly rot in jail. But I want him to take down with him all the other scumbag players polluting our cricket.
Kirandeep IBN7 ‏@raydeep 12m Watch on @ibn7breaking -Two more cricketers in #IPLSpotFixing. Delhi police sources. Also BCCI to initiate criminal proceedings against them
The rot is deep and Delhi Police look to have many cricketers on its radar. Arrest them all to start with.

Its better not to take anything from Indian media seriously about this whole issue for a while. They usually talk a lot of BS and because this issue is hot, they will have a field day with wild accusations and speculations. Only whatever is said directly by police should be taken seriously with regards to players under the scanner.