Sreesanth, Chandilla and Ankit Chavan arrested for spot fixing in IPL

A country of rapists' date='corrupt,insensitive people has its image dented by a few cricketers involved in spotfixing in a private league.:hysterical::hysterical:[/quote'] Actually this is why we will remain a country of rapists and corrupt people. Because of this kind of mentality. Pretty sure rapists, corrupt politicians too have their die-hard fans who make excuses for them and point fingers at others. Change can come only from grass roots and so many Sree defenders on this thread shows our grass root itself is corrupt
Actually this is why we will remain a country of rapists and corrupt people. Because of this kind of mentality. Pretty sure rapists' date=' corrupt politicians too have their die-hard fans who make excuses for them and point fingers at others. Change can come only from grass roots and so many Sree defenders on this thread shows our grass root itself is corrupt[/quote'] Its about putting things in to perspective.Sreesanth may well have done wrong even if there is no evidence in courts ,his career is over due to that but some people are making it national issue ,may be arnab does have a reach. Cheating a billion :hysterical:
Its a purely relgious thing to do' date=' whats there to laugh about? Get some perspective instead of looking like idiots.[/quote'] Have you heard of the phrase, 9 sau chuhe kha ke bili chali haj ko? That is funny to me Also, what the hell is wrong with Indians now a days? Hinduism was the most tolerant religion in the world. Hindus were always allowed to mock Gods and question blind beliefs. We have countless examples of these in our holy books. Yet we have people here making religion a "holy cow". I believe they want to make Hinduism exactly like what some hard-core Muslims or Christians want with their religion Tolerance and ability to mock is the strength of Hinduism, not weakness. If we soon make all these things off limit, Hinduism will end up being a very poor imitation of Islam and Christianity.
Have you heard of the phrase, 9 sau chuhe kha ke bili chali haj ko? That is funny to me Also, what the hell is wrong with Indians now a days? Hinduism was the most tolerant religion in the world. Hindus were always allowed to mock Gods and question blind beliefs. We have countless examples of these in our holy books. Yet we have people here making religion a "holy cow". I believe they want to make Hinduism exactly like what some hard-core Muslims or Christians want with their religion Tolerance and ability to mock is the strength of Hinduism, not weakness. If we soon make all these things off limit, Hinduism will end up being a very poor imitation of Islam and Christianity.
:hatsoff:
I wonder what religious line of thought allows one to get weighed against bananas..:giggle: We are just too blind with our beliefs.
Offering some object equal to one's weight is a common ritual in some temples. In the past, kings and rich men used to do it with gold. Banana, rice etc are very common amongst the middle class.
Agree. I wasn't expecting people to mock at other people's beleifs.
His beliefs are my beliefs too and when I see a cheat(in my eyes,dont care whether hes convicted),doing those things,I (should) have all the right to mock,abuse do whatever to him
Have you heard of the phrase, 9 sau chuhe kha ke bili chali haj ko? That is funny to me Also, what the hell is wrong with Indians now a days? Hinduism was the most tolerant religion in the world. Hindus were always allowed to mock Gods and question blind beliefs. We have countless examples of these in our holy books. Yet we have people here making religion a "holy cow". I believe they want to make Hinduism exactly like what some hard-core Muslims or Christians want with their religion Tolerance and ability to mock is the strength of Hinduism, not weakness. If we soon make all these things off limit, Hinduism will end up being a very poor imitation of Islam and Christianity.
A cricket forum is a wrong place to engage in religeous sentimentalism or critique. Again, it is pure myth that Hinduism is a very tolerant religion. It is a popular public perception not corraborated by history. Are you familiar with the vedantic commentaries of Shankaracharya, Ramanujcharya etc? Do you know what the avirodha section in the sutras is supposed to mean? Religeous tolerance of all faiths? Hindus ( and various sub divisons or religions) have vigorously defended their faith against the onslaught of Buddhists, Jains, rival Hindu schools and several other relgions and that is history.
His beliefs are my beliefs too and when I see a cheat(in my eyes' date='dont care whether hes convicted),doing those things,I (should) have all the right to mock,abuse do whatever to him[/quote'] This is how I read this. Sreesanth is a beleiver. This is not new news. There is no rule that believers can't be cheats. People often act against their conscience under the pressure of greed or in Sreesanth's case he was probably trapped into doing some thing silly due his weakness for the opposite sex. His dairy even contained a prayer like "God, please save me". Now it is his right to pray to God ( or whatever superstitions he beleives in), for his safety or for a lenient sentence. That should be none of our business. The media is having a field day by making a news out of his every move. I do not beleive all that is publicity stunt of Sreesanth ( poor guy now cannot even offer prayers in privacy!), though I think that may be partly or fully gulty in the spot fixing case and ought to punished accordingly.

Precambrian.....relax dude....No one is making fun of a religion or customs here..To perform some of these religious customs it requires a lot of self discipline for eg;Sabarimalai vratam/mala It is funny that Sree who was allegedly a sex addict and party freak that makes it the extreme opposite and thats what makes it hilarious

A cricket forum is a wrong place to engage in religeous sentimentalism or critique. Again, it is pure myth that Hinduism is a very tolerant religion. It is a popular public perception not corraborated by history. Are you familiar with the vedantic commentaries of Shankaracharya, Ramanujcharya etc? Do you know what the avirodha section in the sutras is supposed to mean? Religeous tolerance of all faiths? Hindus ( and various sub divisons or religions) have vigorously defended their faith against the onslaught of Buddhists, Jains, rival Hindu schools and several other relgions and that is history.
You are talking about the politics of the times and not about hinduism itself and thats more to do with human nature. Hinduism have always been about open questioning and mocking, Gods have been shown to need help of men and men defeating Gods. i am talking about the essence of hinduism itself and not about how it was politicized or followed by any particular gurus What you are talking about is the "brahamization" of hinduism
Precambrian.....relax dude....No one is making fun of a religion or customs here..To perform some of these religious customs it requires a lot of self discipline for eg;Sabarimalai vratam/mala
That's exactly what some people are doing and the argument is that we are supposed to be good enough to tolerate making fun of ourselves. :winky:
No one here from what I understand is mocking anyone's beliefs' date=' we are just mocking the man, i.e, Sreesanth for what he has done. Plus this thing here is criticised by some ICFers because such beliefs are private issues and should never be made a media gimmic to garner attention and sympathy.[/quote'] I dont understand what you meant by media gimmick? If media covers him going to temple, how is it gimmick? Should he stop going to temple because media covers him? I dont know what private room are you talking about in a Hindu temple?
I dont understand what you meant by media gimmick? If media covers him going to temple' date=' how is it gimmick? Should he stop going to temple because media covers him? I dont know what private room are you talking about in a Hindu temple?[/quote'] Normally, media is not allowed inside temples to take pictures and videos. It seems like it is a deliberate attempt by Sree to get himself some good PR. Unfortunately, some of our resident experts can't find a way to mock someone trying to gain publicity via religious practice without making sweeping comments about religion and religious practices in general.
Dude, you can mock god if you want to, no one cares. Mocking belief iis OK, but mocking a person for belief in god is not tolerance.