End of bjp jdu alliance ,sharad yadav quits as NDA head

vayuu1

He was always the opportunist of the worst kind. It is just something about him that is just so wrong and he proved me right when one of his three conditions was PMship for 6 months.Besides I don't get how the most communal and fanatic face of BJP became the acceptable face. I never supported BJP when he was the face.. And his grating irritating whining voice......
actually he isn't. In the mid 90s he was the leader of the BJP but he realized that a consensus wouldn't be built around his name so he put forward AtalJi's name as the face of the BJP. that "report" was in just small website and there is absolutely no proof of it being true. Modi is a bigger fanatic and more communal than him IMO. More importantly, Advani never had this tendency of building a cult around his name - Modi is doing that.

S=G, Advani is no saint, in fact he was the Modi of the 90s. I would argue that his rath yatra was a bigger cause of communal disruption that the Gujarat riots. He is just projecting himself as a moderate because that is the best way to counter Modi's rise in the party BJP desperately need to find an acceptable moderate leader who can start forging alliances.

S=G' date=' [b']Advani is no saint, in fact he was the Modi of the 90s. I would argue that his rath yatra was a bigger cause of communal disruption that the Gujarat riots. He is just projecting himself as a moderate because that is the best way to counter Modi's rise in the party BJP desperately need to find an acceptable moderate leader who can start forging alliances.
he's not but the reality is that allies are ready to build a consensus around his name. Only one who comes to mind is Jaitley but that can only happen post polls.

What is Advani's done other than his "secular " rath yatras?He got a chance to prove his mettle as the PM candidate and he failed miserably.He refuses to believe that the country rejected him big time . His attempts to piggyback on others popularity and his desperate desire to become PM is sicking.

he's not but the reality is that allies are ready to build a consensus around his name. Only one who comes to mind is Jaitley but that can only happen post polls.
The current NDA constituents are not enough. BJP either needs to win big in UP or establish itself in the South. Congress has considerable presence in TN, Kerala and AP and now possibly Karnataka as well. This is where the BJP loses out big time, especially without a jackpot state like UP. If the next NDA leader can attract both Jagan and TDP, get Yedyurappa back in the fold and persuade ADMK to forge a pre-poll alliance, they probably have a chance provided they win big in Raj, Gujarat, MP and Bihar (unlikely). All this under Advani is extremely difficult

>>>Advani never had this tendency of building a cult around his name - Modi is ding that. How does that matter to the voter? People say he is a dictator and doesn't respect other politicians...who cares. Why should I care how he treats Advani or sushma or Uma bharti or any other politician?I want someone who will perform and help the nation grow...he can whip their asses all he wants.

The current NDA constituents are not enough. BJP either needs to win big in UP or establish itself in the South. Congress has considerable presence in TN, Kerala and AP and now possibly Karnataka as well. This is where the BJP loses out big time, especially without a jackpot state like UP. If the next NDA leader can attract both Jagan and TDP, get Yedyurappa back in the fold and persuade ADMK to forge a pre-poll alliance, they probably have a chance provided they win big in Raj, Gujarat, MP and Bihar (unlikely). All this under Advani is extremely difficult
Of course BJP needs more allies but do you really see even a single party having a pre poll alliance with a Modi led BJP? I don't think Jagan and TDP will join the same alliance. Off late Jagan has been tilting towards the Cong. Getting Yeddy back will have a big negative effect all over the country because it will send a clear signal that BJP is ready to call back a corrupt guy simply to get more votes.

>>>Advani never had this tendency of building a cult around his name - Modi is ding that. How does that matter to the voter? People say he is a dictator and doesn't respect other politicians...who cares. Why should I care how he treats Advani or sushma or Uma bharti or any other politician?I want someone who will perform and help the nation grow...he can whip their asses all he wants.
As I said in another thread - you may not care about how he treats the senior leaders and his mentor but the coalition partners do care about these things because they have to work with the PM for 5 years and they won't accept someone if he doesn't respect even his own party's senior leaders because they know he won't listen to them. Besides, Modi's style of working has always been very autocratic and kind of stubborn - how can such a man lead a coalition Govt where you have to work with different parties and take everyone together and make compromises on a regular basis. More importantly, how exactly will Narednra Modi, the man with a HUGE ego, manage the egos of the regional satraps part of the coalition? Such experienced politicians like Pranab Mukherjee had difficulty in managing the likes of Mamta Bannerjee and here people expect Modi with his "my way or the highway" attitude to manage a coalition...

This is interesting discussion. If modi is cleared of all the accusations or none of those get proved by 2014 elections, then he will be BJPs PM candidate. With Advani, BJP got only 115. These days political party is just like a business. When all of you will run your businesses and only see 115 as a number, you will all leave your ideals behind and find a way of getting better numbers, Nitish is doing that, Lalu, Punju, etc etc.. All are doing the same thing. Politics is a business. If BJP sees big gain in Modi as their leader they will go with it. 150-160 is much better than 115. Even if they dont form the next government its fine. Its all about getting the numbers. Remember, 160-160 division between the two polls will bring a hung parliament. Whoever forms the government will fail miserably and voters will get totally frustrated if congress again gets into government by supporting others from outside. In such situation Modi's claim at the center will get even stronger. By 2016-2017, he will give it another try. So whoever is thinking that Modi will become PM in 2014, well there is no tax on dreaming. But I see a point in what BJP is doing. Wonder what congress is doing these days??...

This is interesting discussion. If modi is cleared of all the accusations or none of those get proved by 2014 elections, then he will be BJPs PM candidate. With Advani, BJP got only 115. These days political party is just like a business. When all of you will run your businesses and only see 115 as a number, you will all leave your ideals behind and find a way of getting better numbers, Nitish is doing that, Lalu, Punju, etc etc.. All are doing the same thing. Politics is a business. If BJP sees big gain in Modi as their leader they will go with it. 150-160 is much better than 115. Even if they dont form the next government its fine. Its all about getting the numbers. Remember, 160-160 division between the two polls will bring a hung parliament. Whoever forms the government will fail miserably and voters will get totally frustrated if congress again gets into government by supporting others from outside. In such situation Modi's claim at the center will get even stronger. By 2016-2017, he will give it another try. So whoever is thinking that Modi will become PM in 2014, well there is no tax on dreaming. But I see a point in what BJP is doing. Wonder what congress is doing these days??...
Exactly my thoughts. BJP first need to improve its numbers and then try to get external support if possible.All these talk of NDA falling apart doesnt make any difference if BJP ends up with below100 seats. So first its BJP , then NDA.

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/NAT-TOP-jdu-infighting-nitish-getting-funds-from-pakistan-to-stonewall-narendra-modi-all-4292871-NOR.html
JD(U) infighting: Nitish getting funds from Pakistan to stonewall Narendra Modi, alleges party member Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is getting funds from Pakistan to oppose Narendra Modi's elevation in the Bharatiya Janata Party. The allegation was made by none other than his own party leader Shivraj Singh. Calling for a probe into the matter, he said that he has sufficient evidence to prove his allegation. The JD(U) leader said Nitish also has the prime ministerail ambition and therefore, he is talking about a federal front and hell bent to split ties with the BJP. "Nitish Kumar is blackmailing both the Congress and the BJP," he said. Shivraj Singh futher said that they are ready to hold talks on the issue of secularism with the ruling coalition, but Nitish is not at all ready for it. "Nitish has cheated everyone in the party and has not let anyone in the party to raise head against him," he alleged.
:giggle: and JDU without Modi was supposed to make it stronger. Nitish being called out to be a dictator by his own partymen too. Lets see how Anti-Modistas spin this :popcorn:

So now going to Ayodhya and praying is communal :omg:
One has to be extremely naive or willfully ignorant to think that going to Ayodhya to pray at the disputed site has no communal angle to it. Just another dirty tactic by Modi to flame communal passions to gather support. Expect many more in the months to come.

One has to be extremely naive or willfully ignorant to think that going to Ayodhya to pray at the disputed site has no communal angle to it. Just another dirty tactic by Modi to flame communal passions to gather support. Expect many more in the months to come.
You only said people moved over Ayodhya issue,so why should it matter if Modi visits Ayodhya. Why should communal passions flame just because Modi visits Ayodhya?

You only said people moved over Ayodhya issue,so why should it matter if Modi visits Ayodhya. Why should communal passions flame just because Modi visits Ayodhya?
Of course people have moved over the issue, that is why Modi is trying to re kindle it to gather support among the majority.

Of course people have moved over the issue' date=' that is why Modi is trying to re kindle it to gather support among the majority.[/quote'] If people are moved then whats the issue? Do you think Modi doesnt know about people moved out of this issue? How can he rekindle something already dead? may be he is just paying homage to tradition. Why can't you give him the benefit of doubt? :winky: