Sachin tendulkar vs Ms Dhoni :Who is India`s greatest Odi cricketer of all time ??

Sachin tendulkar vs Ms Dhoni :Who is India`s greatest Odi cricketer of all time ??  

1. 1.

They have almost the same average but Yuvi's SR is way higher than Ganguly's. Lets bring some other aspect into perspective. Ganguly was easily one of our worst fielders in our post 2000 side whereas Yuvraj was one of the best. Yuvraj, I believe he has won us way more games down the order than Ganguly which includes a MOT in the WC. Easily a better a bowler considering he is a genuine all rounder for us. He has done much better in the middle order than what Ganguly has done opening the innings.
yeah for me yuvraj is better than ganguly but i missed seeing ganguly in his prime so my opinion might not be correct :((
They have almost the same average but Yuvi's SR is way higher than Ganguly's. Lets bring some other aspect into perspective. Ganguly was easily one of our worst fielders in our post 2000 side whereas Yuvraj was one of the best. Yuvraj, I believe he has won us way more games down the order than Ganguly which includes a MOT in the WC for Yuvi. Easily a better a bowler considering he is a genuine all rounder for us. He has done much better in the middle order than what Ganguly has done opening the innings. Overall- Ganguly > Yuvraj considering the captaincy and Test cricket.
they have similar avg and sr in bowling yea uv is easily the better fielder but ganguly is a good leader, but i dont think uv in the middle order is better than ganguly as a top order batsman ganguly would probably be in top 4 or 5 among the all time ODI openers and not many openers avg 40+ in ODIs.
they have similar avg and sr in bowling yea uv is easily the better fielder but ganguly is a good leader' date=' but i dont think uv in the middle order is better than ganguly as a top order batsman ganguly would probably be in top 4 or 5 among the all time ODI openers and not many [b']openers avg 40+ in ODIs.
Most of the batsman can avg. 40+ if you go at a SR of less than 74-75.
i dont think uv in the middle order is better than ganguly as a top order batsman ganguly
Of course he is. Averages over 40 and has a SR close to 90 (over 90 probably).
Most of the batsman can avg. 40+ if you go at a SR of less than 74-75.
no it wont guarantee you a better avg astle is one of those batsmen with a sr under 74 and lesser avg
Of course he is. Averages over 40 and has a SR close to 90 (over 90 probably).
which player are you talking about :blink:
ah, ok he avgs 37.75 @ 88.59 thats brilliant but sometimes you have the luxury of boosting your avg at no.5 a sr of 73.** is acceptable when you get a good start consistently
No, its not. People blame Cook for being a slow whose got a SR close to 80. 73 on this era is poor, IMO. As I mentioned earlier, overall, Ganguly has an upper hand but Yuvraj any day ahead of him in LOIs.
No' date=' its not. People blame Cook for being a slow whose got a SR close to 80. 73 on this era is poor, IMO. As I mentioned earlier, overall, Ganguly has an upper hand but Yuvraj any day ahead of him in LOIs.[/quote'] thats right but you wouldn have heard ppl criticising ganguly for low sr cos he has often shown that he can gear up when its needed the most and also he is more reliable than uv as he is more consistent than him
thats right but you wouldn have heard ppl criticising ganguly for low sr cos he has often shown that he can gear up when its needed the most and also he is more reliable than uv as he is more consistent than him
May be while chasing a small target on a tough condition. His more like Trott who could hit sixes but not as consistent as him. He is truly overrated in ODIs.

ODIs have changed a lot between Ganguly's prime and Yuvraj's prime. The strike rates have to be taken in context accordingly. For what it's worth, some of the top ODI openers of the 80s like Greenidge and Haynes had strike rates in the 60s. However, since this thread is about the best ODI cricketer and not batsman, Kapil was clearly ahead of Ganguly, Yuvraj, and Dhoni and only slightly behind Tendulkar IMO, if you are searching for the top 2 ODI cricketers from India.

Dhoni for me. We couldn't win in Aus & SA with Tendulkar or with Dhoni' date=' but at least with Dhoni we were able to win World Cup, World T20 and Champions Trophy.[/quote'] yea dhoni won u all these cups other players were just enjoying their vacations
yea dhoni won u all these cups other players were just enjoying their vacations
What I do know is we were cr@p before Dhoni arrived on the scene and I have no doubt we will be cr@p once Dhoni retires. For once in my lifetime I actually saw India winning the big tournaments, which I have to admit I never thought I would be able to just a few years back.