Sachin tendulkar vs Ms Dhoni :Who is India`s greatest Odi cricketer of all time ??

Sachin tendulkar vs Ms Dhoni :Who is India`s greatest Odi cricketer of all time ??  

1. 1.

We don't know that. Not too many people have occupied that position. And whosoever has, has peformed very well. Sehwag,GG,Ganguly..
here's a record of all Indian openrs in ODIs. Now if anyone looks at it in an unbiased manner then it would be very clear then he is by far the best batsman - there is just no doubt in it. link

Posters may pick one over the other but what does demeaning either of them achieve? Nearly every player in the current squad will acknowledge Sachin was one of the reason they started taking serious interest in cricket. That alone makes him the greatest Indian cricketer. No need to look at stats.

I said I vaguely remember reading about how he felt he should be in the opening slot. Now I do not have that article to prove it. Perhaps it was print, but I do remember reading that.
pretty remarkable performance for someone who "wasn't thrilled" at his batting position, wouldn't you say?
yes, I corrected I didn't remember exactly but I remember he was super success in that series bar Finals . I checked he averaged 56 with being second highest scorer and average 56 and s/r 93. Should he dance to look thrilled ? :giggle:
He was phenomenal success in that series. Something like CB series in Australia. There are too many such series' in his resume and ppl still say that he didn't do much :wall:
Everyone has his likes and dislikes. He did say he enjoys batting at the top but does not mean he did not enjoy batting at #4. You are making it sound as if he deliberatley failed at #4 so as to go back to opening.
Now where did I say that ???? All I am saying is that his avg of 35 odd in the Middle order isn't that great for a batsman of his stature. And as far as the objective of this thread goes, I still maintain that MSD is the better ODI cricketer.Not by much, but better.
Now where did I say that ???? All I am saying is that his avg of 35 odd in the Middle order isn't that great for a batsman of his stature. And as far as the objective of this thread goes, I still maintain that MSD is the better ODI cricketer.Not by much, but better.
MO also includes the time he spent at #6 and 7 initially. I don't have the exact stats for his average at #4 though so would not comment much on it.

Jusarrived, could you honestly say it's your support of Dhoni which is making you chose him over Sachin and not bias against Sachin? I will openly admit that it might be my bias for Sachin which causes me to rate him highest. In the past I have seen you use similar arguments to show Sachin was not as good as Dravid, Laxman or anyone you can compare him with. Do you rate Sachin at all in any way?

Jusarrived' date=' could you honestly say it's your support of Dhoni which is making you chose him over Sachin and not bias against Sachin? I will openly admit that it might be my bias for Sachin which causes me to rate him highest. In the past I have seen you use similar arguments to show Sachin was not as good as Dravid, Laxman or anyone you can compare him with. Do you rate Sachin at all in any way?[/quote'] Honestly , under pressure I would perfer few other players over Tendulkar . Dravid and VVS over him in tests & Msd and Yuvraj over him in ODI's ..there are other aspects of his game which I do rate highly . For eg , in my defination of Talent there is no bastmen even comes close to Tendulkar . Even technically i believe hes a touch better than even Dravid and Kallis . inspite of this , some of the lessers players have had bigger impact for India when it mattered . Hes a match winner , but just that for some one with a unparallel talent he underachived .
Honestly ' date=' [b']under pressure I would perfer few other players over Tendulkar . Dravid and VVS over him in tests & Msd and Yuvraj over him in ODI's ..there are other aspects of his game which I do rate highly . For eg , in my defination of Talent there is no bastmen even comes close to Tendulkar . Even technically i believe hes a touch better than even Dravid and Kallis . inspite of this , some of the lessers players have had bigger impact for India when it mattered . Hes a match winner , but just that for some one with a unparallel talent he underachived .
agreed...............World Cup matches against Pakistan come with no pressure at all and he only got 4 Man of the Match awards there. Besides, having probably the most number of fans in World Cricket (you may call them fanatics) who demand a century everytime he steps on to the field is also no pressure.
Honestly ' date=' under pressure I would perfer few other players over Tendulkar . Dravid and VVS over him in tests & Msd and Yuvraj over him in ODI's ..there are other aspects of his game which I do rate highly . For eg , in my defination of Talent there is no bastmen even comes close to Tendulkar . Even technically i believe hes a touch better than even Dravid and Kallis . inspite of this , some of the lessers players have had bigger impact for India when it mattered . Hes a match winner , but just that for some one with a unparallel talent he underachived .[/quote'] Thanks for the reply dude
this post along with the one about "he opens the batting because its easy" should be added to the interesting facts thread opened by Strike :rofl:
repeating the same thing dosent change the fact that he plays as an opener in ODI's and conveneinetly drops down the order in Tests .

Why are people so angry over this ? On what basis are people choosing SRT? Excellence and Longevity ? In that case, I have already conceded that SRT is #1 in my previous post. Batting Average ? MSD has a better average. Intangibles?Aura? MSD has those as well. I mean, if the poll was about who the best ODI batsman is,I would choose SRT in a heartbeat. But this is about who the better ODI player is. This is about being able to contribute in various disciplines. This is about leadership. Captaincy might be overrated, but it is underrated as well. Never has a crown rested so easy on a man. A man that keeps wickets all day long, captains the team , is a leader and wins matches for India? No offense to SRT, but there is your winner right there.