Sachin tendulkar vs Ms Dhoni :Who is India`s greatest Odi cricketer of all time ??

Sachin tendulkar vs Ms Dhoni :Who is India`s greatest Odi cricketer of all time ??  

1. 1.

Take any team for eg , you will k now what I mean. Cook for England ,Amla for SA . Overall mediocre to avg ODI players look worldclass in power plays. Rohit for India & Jayawardene recently and Dilshan & jayasury in the past for SL . eg of Middle order batsmen who struggled and now look differnt players in opening slot. you agree or not cos of your love for Tendulkar , but the fact is Opening in ODi's is far easier than batting at 5 , 6 or 7 .

why is it lame ? the point is you will find loads of tope order bats ' date=' but its not easy to find finishers . Look at Amla's stats ( he would not avg 35 if he bats at 4 or lower ) . Flat pitches , field restrictions & zero pressure . [b']No wonder everyone wants to bat up the order .
Not everyone boss! Dhoni does not want to do it! Anyways, I see how much understanding you have of cricket. Ok, tell me, barring the highest score of Dhoni, how many matches has Dhoni been able to set up and then finish off as well?
Take any team for eg , you will k now what I mean. Cook for England ,Amla for SA . Overall mediocre to avg ODI players look worldclass in power plays. Rohit for India & Jayawardene recently and Dilshan & jayasury in the past for SL . eg of Middle order batsmen who struggled and now look differnt players in opening slot. you agree or not cos of your love for Tendulkar , but the fact is Opening in ODi's is far easier than batting at 5 , 6 or 7 .
so, is he mediocre or average in ODIs because obviously only Dhoni is great :nervous:
why is it lame ? the point is you will find loads of tope order bats ' date=' but its not easy to find finishers . Look at Amla's stats ( he would not avg 35 if he bats at 4 or lower ) . Flat pitches , field restrictions & zero pressure . [b']No wonder everyone wants to bat up the order .
Dhoni has been known to hide down the order behind even bowlers at times and you're talking of batting higher up the order...
That's just blind fanboyism. The better your openers fair, the better it is for the middle order. Batting in the middle might not be easy but neither is opening.
Just because (you think) finishing is harder than opening, doesn't automatically mean Dhoni > Sachin. They both still have their roles to play and victory cannot be achieved without either BTW, against a moving new ball, you still need good techniques to hit even in PP.
Couldn't agree with you more. SRT's avg diference is huge in Middle Order and when opening. Finishing games and mainitaining a high RRR takes a special psyche.You have to always be in the moment .Thats where MSD scores : he does not think about what his score is and plan too far ahead,he tries to make the most from what he has .
if opening is so easy then how come we see so many collapses and losses if the openers fail - we've seen this many, many times.
if opening is so easy then how come we see so many collapses and losses if the openers fail - we've seen this many' date=' many times.[/quote'] We won series after series (including WC) when one of Viru Gambhir Sachin were in form in ODIS. We lost when Viru Gambhir Sachin were not in form. We are back to winning when Rohit and Dhawan are giving a good partnership (we collapsed and lost both times they didn't this series), but hey, winning is all about finishers.
We won series after series (including WC) when one of Viru Gambhir Sachin were in form in ODIS. We lost when Viru Gambhir Sachin were not in form. We are back to winning when Rohit and Dhawan are giving a good partnership (we collapsed and lost both times they didn't this series)' date=' but hey, winning is all about finishers.[/quote'] Yeah. Moreover, there was not a single effing game "finished off" by MS in the whole of CT, but he was the main reason for the win! BTW, why do you think teams like Pakistan and Sri Lanka constanly struggle? It's the opening ! But, no, thats like child's play.