Best sedan in India under 10 lakhs?

Bublu Bhuyan

Speaking of which, India seems to be saturated by compact family cars (if you use the european classification) where is the affordable mid sized sedan/saloon car? There are not many estate (wagon to our american friends) options either. Stay away from the beamers (BMW) or Land Rovers. Beamers in India are not built to the same robust quality as their european counterparts. Less said about the Rover the better. Both would break down on Indian roads. In terms of an SUV, in India you are better off with a Toyota Land crusier than a Range rover. Its just more reliable for Indian roads. @Outsider Jetta is one useless car. VW used to be value for money. Now some of their models like a Passat are not for off their luxury Audi brand in terms of price. Even the used ones are overrated. Personally I was a jan of VW. But shifted to Mazda as they provide value for money in todays market.

Speaking of which, India seems to be saturated by compact family cars (if you use the european classification) where is the affordable mid sized sedan/saloon car? There are not many estate (wagon to our american friends) options either. Stay away from the beamers (BMW) or Land Rovers. Beamers in India are not built to the same robust quality as their european counterparts. Less said about the Rover the better. Both would break down on Indian roads. In terms of an SUV, in India you are better off with a Toyota Land crusier than a Range rover. Its just more reliable for Indian roads. @Outsider Jetta is one useless car. VW used to be value for money. Now some of their models like a Passat are not for off their luxury Audi brand in terms of price. Even the used ones are overrated. Personally I was a jan of VW. But shifted to Mazda as they provide value for money in todays market.
apart from the GTI, I don't care for the rest

I was looking at Acura TL earlier The price difference is massive for a slightly used one. Acura TL - Tech package 2013 = ~41000 Acura TL - Tech package 2012 used, 8000 miles = 33000 They haven't changed much between the 2012 and 2013. But used car just doesn't have that brand new off the truck feel :nervous:
Acura TL is a very bad option, IMO :nono: It looks exactly like the Camry. Look for something else. You live in India or in any other country?

@Outsider Jetta is one useless car. VW used to be value for money. Now some of their models like a Passat are not for off their luxury Audi brand in terms of price. Even the used ones are overrated. Personally I was a jan of VW. But shifted to Mazda as they provide value for money in todays market.
It's been 5 years since I last bought a car, so am not sure if you are referring to the latest models or general trends, but overall I've been very happy with the Jetta. Admittedly, I don't drive it much as it's my wife's car. I drive the R32 usually.

That's becoz of my brother :wall: His cost of higher studies (M.D) estimated around 1Cr. But luckily he got through merit and he tortured my dad to buy it. Dad owned a Premier Padmini few yrs ago. And my grand dad had a contessa :((
from Padmini to A6 :nice:

Speaking of which, India seems to be saturated by compact family cars (if you use the european classification) where is the affordable mid sized sedan/saloon car? There are not many estate (wagon to our american friends) options either. Stay away from the beamers (BMW) or Land Rovers. Beamers in India are not built to the same robust quality as their european counterparts. Less said about the Rover the better. Both would break down on Indian roads. In terms of an SUV, in India you are better off with a Toyota Land crusier than a Range rover. Its just more reliable for Indian roads.
Dude, both Range Rover and Land Cruiser are designed for offroads. They can run in roads worser than in India. Range Rover is more like LC Pardo.
@Outsider Jetta is one useless car. VW used to be value for money. Now some of their models like a Passat are not for off their luxury Audi brand in terms of price. Even the used ones are overrated. Personally I was a jan of VW. But shifted to Mazda as they provide value for money in todays market.
Don't compare Jetta with Passat. Both are different just like the RR and LC. Jetta is a actually a nice car worth of it's price. (atleast in India)

Dude, both Range Rover and Land Cruiser are designed for offroads. They can run in roads worser than in India. Range Rover is more like LC Pardo. Don't compare Jetta with Passat. Both are different just like the RR and LC. Jetta is a actually a nice car worth of it's price. (atleast in India)
umm range rover has historically always been susceptible to electrical problems. It was a running joke on Top Gear (a popular british motoring show) for nearly a decade. Off road and being reliable are two different things. Not to mention RR is known for being extra thirsty even by SUV standards. The Jetta in the uk is known as a fleet car. Thats how VW positioned them. Not many people in Europe buy the Jetta. However they are a favorite of the cab companies. Cause they can be bought in bulk orders.