Best sedan in India under 10 lakhs?

Bublu Bhuyan

The Jetta in the uk is known as a fleet car. Thats how VW positioned them. Not many people in Europe buy the Jetta. However they are a favorite of the cab companies. Cause they can be bought in bulk orders.
^ Passat is way overpriced, and so is their SUV (Toureg?), but a 6 cylinder fully loaded Jetta is substantially less than an A4, C class, or 3 series BMW. My Jetta has around 80k miles on it now, and all I've spent on is regular servicing, oil change, and a tire change once. Can't really find any reason to complain for what it was bought for - a nice, sturdy, safe, and reliable sedan. I guess the fact that it runs as taxis in the UK maybe influences your opinion and the car probably loses its value because of that, but in the US that's not an issue.

^ Passat is way overpriced, and so is their SUV (Toureg?), but a 6 cylinder fully loaded Jetta is substantially less than an A4, C class, or 3 series BMW. My Jetta has around 80k miles on it now, and all I've spent on is regular servicing, oil change, and a tire change once. Can't really find any reason to complain for what it was bought for - a nice, sturdy, safe, and reliable sedan. I guess the fact that it runs as taxis in the UK maybe influences your opinion and the car probably loses its value because of that, but in the US that's not an issue.
Not just UK , Europe. VW will always be reliable. From the Golf to the Passat. I guess another problem is lack of a good diesel variant. Dont think the US uses diesel as a fuel. Another issue is that in europe you have the highly capable Compact Golf variant. Which is cheaper as roomy and as efficient as a Jetta . Why would you pay for a Jetta for just a little extra space. This is exactly why VW decided to position the Jetta for commercial businesses. Golf had the lower end of the spectrum covered and was expanding in term of ability and dimensions of space. While the passat had the higher end covered. the Jetta was becoming the problem middle child being squeezed from either end. What i guess can happen is that America never really had a thing for compact cars. Therefore the Jetta in the USA is their entry level car?

Acura TL is a very bad option, IMO :nono: It looks exactly like the Camry. Look for something else. You live in India or in any other country?
The TL looks nothing like a Camry. Maybe you are thinking of the TSX or ILX. Even then they are completely different. There is no car like Camry. Any comparison can fall flat against it. Its absolutely the most reliable car ever made and will last you at least 200,000 miles with minimal maintenance (regular oil changes). I already have a couple of Toyotas so trying to go one up now.

your Dad's A6 = your A6 :dontknow: you dont drive it?
I have an older sister and a brother. Higher probablility is that he might give it to one of them or split it into 3 :(( But I don't need these costly cars. A car is just to travel, so I will earn myself and buy a simple electric hatchback car, within 10L. :--D
better than cars in heavy traffic :--D
Eco-friendly Good for health Belly and ***** will remain toned.

I have an older sister and a brother. Higher probablility is that he might give it to one of them or split it into 3 :(( But I don't need these costly cars. A car is just to travel, so I will earn myself and buy a simple electric hatchback car, within 10L. :--D Eco-friendly Good for health Belly and ***** will remain toned. No health issues.
if your travelling through heavy traffic i am guessing the fumes from the cars are not going to be good for you.....

I have an older sister and a brother. Higher probablility is that he might give it to one of them or split it into 3 :(( But I don't need these costly cars. A car is just to travel, so I will earn myself and buy a simple electric hatchback car, within 10L. :--D Eco-friendly Good for health Belly and ***** will remain toned. No health issues.
as in one week for everyone by rotation :giggle: agreed. I haven't used a cycle for years though :(

Not just UK , Europe. VW will always be reliable. From the Golf to the Passat. I guess another problem is lack of a good diesel variant. Dont think the US uses diesel as a fuel. Another issue is that in europe you have the highly capable Compact Golf variant. Which is cheaper as roomy and as efficient as a Jetta . Why would you pay for a Jetta for just a little extra space. This is exactly why VW decided to position the Jetta for commercial businesses. Golf had the lower end of the spectrum covered and was expanding in term of ability and dimensions of space. While the passat had the higher end covered. the Jetta was becoming the problem middle child being squeezed from either end. What i guess can happen is that America never really had a thing for compact cars. Therefore the Jetta in the USA is their entry level car?
Golf is there in the US, but as you rightly said bigger cars are preferred in America so it isn't very popular. Passat is also there, but it's price range is not very different from an A4, so I guess it doesn't sell all that much due to that. Based on my experience of seeing cars on the road, I would say Jetta would easily outnumber Golf or Passat in the US. I don't have the official numbers, so might be wrong. Jetta mainly competes with the Camry, Accord, Maxima kind of cars in the US.

I have an older sister and a brother. Higher probablility is that he might give it to one of them or split it into 3 :(( But I don't need these costly cars. A car is just to travel, so I will earn myself and buy a simple electric hatchback car, within 10L. :--D
split the car in 3 parts?:(( Nano lelo,just to travel :P

Seriously....you will give your car to your dad while you drive the new one. :((I don't know whether you are too much or your dad is too much. My dad made me wash his Maruti 800 for months before letting me try learning on it.....:((
My father just loves me way too much :winky:

The TL looks nothing like a Camry. Maybe you are thinking of the TSX or ILX. Even then they are completely different. There is no car like Camry. Any comparison can fall flat against it. Its absolutely the most reliable car ever made and will last you at least 200,000 miles with minimal maintenance (regular oil changes). I already have a couple of Toyotas so trying to go one up now.
The build and design looks like the Camry. Camry is a good car, but I seriously doubt about Acura. I will get back after reading some more reviews. I m open to be proved wrong :icflove:

You're missing out man.
I m really scared of accidents.. My father forced me to learn but I said no.. I just drive scooty or deo to my office and still I don't have 2 wheeler license Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I m really scared of accidents.. My father forced me to learn but I said no.. I just drive scooty or deo to my office and still I don't have 2 wheeler license Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Come on, man .... get yourself out of this phobia. You might as well slip and break your hip while walking someday. Will you stop walking due to that possibility. Your fear isn't rational.

if your travelling through heavy traffic i am guessing the fumes from the cars are not going to be good for you.....
True. I don't use cycle in heavy traffic. I will hitchhike with my sibling or a friend. Sometimes my dad's old enfield. :sad:
as in one week for everyone by rotation :giggle: agreed. I haven't used a cycle for years though :(
Drive a cycle. Superman drives in cycle to office :--D

Come on' date=' man .... get yourself out of this phobia. You might as well slip and break your hip while walking someday. Will you stop walking due to that possibility. Your fear isn't rational.[/quote'] 25++ year phobia.. :fear: Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta