Australia now lost 6 Tests on the trot... Think they will beat their 16-0 winning streak with a bigger losing streak??

Texan

I think Australia last lost 6 in a row in 1984 - all to the West Indies (last 3 tests of away series, first 3 of home series). It was after the 5th of those 6 straight losses that Kim Hughes resigned in tears, and Allan Border reluctantly took over.

I think Australia last lost 6 in a row in 1984 - all to the West Indies (last 3 tests of away series' date=' first 3 of home series). It was after the 5th of those 6 straight losses that Kim Hughes resigned in tears, and Allan Border reluctantly took over.[/quote'] If Pup resigns now, he will have to deal with the guy who he called as "cancer"
Whitewash in England and they might draw a match in Aus... Katich and Mike Hussey better than whole batting unit..
One or two batsmen wont win you games. Look at last two ashes. They had Haussey and Ponting both, but still lost. You need all top 6 batsmen to be good.
One or two batsmen wont win you games. Look at last two ashes. They had Haussey and Ponting both' date=' but still lost. You need all top 6 batsmen to be good.[/quote'] ponting,hussey clarke won the series vs india.cook,kp won the series in india vs eng.
ponting' date='hussey clarke won the series vs india.cook,kp won the series in india vs eng.[/quote'] It wont happen against a good bowling attack like Engand and SA. Even Cowan and Warner scored runs against our bowling. Remember Warner's freaky 100 at WACA. Even other England batsmen scored runs against us. Cook and KP scored big but others did contribute too. Here no one is scoring anything for Australia. If you have 6 good batsmen, not everyone out of 6 will score big or get the chance to score big but will still score important runs whenever situation demands.

The thing is Australia seem to be in free fall outside the cricket field as well - homework gate - David Warner punches Root - Former coach taking CA to court (why did CA not pay him off?) - Odd twitter comments being posted via CA account - David Warners brother making things worse by tweeting against Watson I must say when we were losing 8-0 atleast none of this crap happened. Fair to say that i had a lot of respect for CA for their professionalism. If what Arthur says is true, then i do sympathize with him. They just left him in limbo with no income and a big question mark about his future. Why would you do that? CA are not a cash strapped organisation.

It wont happen against a good bowling attack like Engand and SA. Even Cowan and Warner scored runs against our bowling. Remember Warner's freaky 100 at WACA. Even other England batsmen scored runs against us. Cook and KP scored big but others did contribute too. Here no one is scoring anything for Australia. If you have 6 good batsmen, not everyone out of 6 will score big or get the chance to score big but will still score important runs whenever situation demands.
When you are a young team you need confidence, that confidence for guys like Warner got it from first two tests when they did almost nothing from guys like Ponting and Hussey. I still think if those two (Punter and Hussey) were not in the team India would have won first test in Melbourne after that whole series changes on its head. In this Ashes England winning the first test has broken any slim chances Aussies have for making this into competitive series. Dhoni's 224 changed India -Australia series on its head or Aussies would have made that into a very competitive series. Samething with Cook and KP their knocks in Mumbai changed that series on its head if England lost that match, 4-0 for India was on cards.