Average Films That You Either Unconditionally Love or Hate

jalebi_bhai

SRK is such a good actor, why doesn't pick he quality scripts more often than not. More often it's he choose pathetic film then good ones. Even Chennai express doesn't look that impressive
Top stars need to pick films whose plots are based on the lowest common denominators and can appeal to the masses so that maximum revenue can be generated.....all the A-list stars usually demand a sizable portion of the profits that a film makes....... General audiences in India prefer to watch the over-the-top stuff as they serve as means for them to temporarily tune out of their everyday lives and transcend into a more enjoyable world...... This is why we have commercial cinema and parallel cinema........most commercial films tend to be very average plot wise and are largely made to cash in on star power while parallel cinema films are more about the 'kalaa'......there are guys like Aamir Khan who try to make even his commercial films a bit more meaningful than the standard stuff, but he is the exception rather than the norm..... So to answer your question, SRK chooses mediocre over-the-top scripts because it makes him more money.......

Delhi Belly...loved the movie.A lot of people didn't like the toilet humour....:P
Vijay Raaz was epic in the film......:adore:......... Two other average films that I really liked......Darna Mana Hai and Go Goa Gone.......

of what? It called inspiration, Reservoir Dog was inspired from CITY ON FIRE(Hong Kong film)
There is a difference. Tarantino has accepted it and even paid a homage to it. RDB is a rip off.. They pretend like its some original.. try to watch Jesus of Montreal and All my sons.

Not really' date=' but maybe from North India I missed out on some references which I could have understood being from the South.[/quote'] True, the movie is made for southern TN milieu.. But the references are nearly universal.. Anywaz, here's an very nice review of the movie comparing with swades. Pls have a read if u have time. http://p-pcc.blogspot.com/2008/11/virasat-1997.html?m=1 Even the orignal doesn't had such an awesome review. :hatsoff:

SRK is such a good actor, why doesn't pick he quality scripts more often than not. More often it's he choose pathetic film then good ones. Even Chennai express doesn't look that impressive
Problem with SRK is, he doesn't have much versatility. . He can do the odd Swadesh or Chak De, but his body language in every movie is exactly the same unlike Amir's. When Shahrukh walks or talks or laughs in any movie, it's always Shahrukh doing those things. In Amir's case, it's the characters doing it so each laugh will be different. Look at the speech in Chak De and see his mannerism, he is still shaking and moving, exactly like his speech in Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gum, his body language doesn't change, he is a limited actor. Of Course Salman is much more limited but he doesn't pretend to be a good actor

Problem with SRK is, he doesn't have much versatility. . He can do the odd Swadesh or Chak De, but his body language in every movie is exactly the same unlike Amir's. When Shahrukh walks or talks or laughs in any movie, it's always Shahrukh doing those things. In Amir's case, it's the characters doing it so each laugh will be different. Look at the speech in Chak De and see his mannerism, he is still shaking and moving, exactly like his speech in Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gum, his body language doesn't change, he is a limited actor. Of Course Salman is much more limited but he doesn't pretend to be a good actor
lol,pretty true,srk is kinda ambivalent in justifying a particular character

Lagaan was an experience for me when I watched in Cinema IT was like I watching a cricket match, it was a very different atmosphere compared what you get in cinema. It was absolutely madness in cinema when England player stepped over the boundary line.