Varun's Answers to your Questions

varun

From Lurker: Q1) Take a deep breath, look deep inside of you, become a immodest son of a so and so and tell us all what do you think is Varun's biggest plus point. There are three rules though: a) You have to be serious and honest. No trying to wiggle away with a sense of humour. B) You have to write atleast 3 lines. c) You have to write it in 3rd person. As an example - The best thing about Varun is his lady-killing abilities. Some of his friends think it is his smile, but Varun thinks its because he has buns of steel. Ans) Varun's biggest plus point would have to be his sharp mind. He used to be one of the quickest thinkers out there but has recently tempered his quickness for depth of thought. Also, he's quite mysterious which girls can't get enough of, when coupled with his cute persona and hot bod !! :hysterical: Q2) So how come we never figured out who are the top 3 cricket players of yours? Rant away. Ans) I watch cricket for fun, and am not as passionate as most of you guys here, so you won't get a long rant from me about pluses and minuses of cricketers. If I had to pick, I'll probably choose the following for reasons that shall remain unexplained :P: Sachin Tendulkar, Curtley Ambrose, David Gower Q3) You clearly are one of the most tech-savvy peeps here, so give a good tip to all the non-savvy people about technology. Ans) Don't fear technology, and don't be ashamed if you don't know something and want advice (even from a kid). Q4) From a guy to another ( girls please look away......you couldnt, could you...) Whats the tougher pain for a man to experience: a) Hit in the you-know-what area? B) Get your you-know-what stuck in the zipper...and do tell how did you figure that out? Ans) I'd have to say B), 'coz a) has happenned to a lot of us (especially while playing), but B) sounds oh so painful :haha: Q5) The only time me and Bheembhai looked eye to eye has been on Super Selector. No matter what team we would select, he and I were almost always last and 2nd last. How the hell did you manage that? Ans) Naach na jaane aangan teda :P Q6) Who do you think should be Bakra number 3. And why? Ans) Lurker. Because he would love being interviewed :D Q7) Do you like to read one-liners or chat type conversations on ICF or do you prefer more thoughtful posts?? Ans) One-liners (if compared to long essays), unless the long essay is written coherently. An ideal post length for me would be one paragraph of around 50-70 words. Q8) Whats your guilty pleasure? Ans) Don't do it now, but used to watch Reality TV shows like American Idol *cough* Q9) Be Vidhu Vinod Chopra and recreate Parinda with cine-stars of 1960-70s. Who gets to play who? Ans) Haven't seen Parinda sorry. (wasn't exposed to much of bollywood when I was in India, except whatever was on DD) Q10) The household chore that you absolutely hate to do. Ans) ALL ! (making the bed in the morning, washing dishes, doing laundry, u name it..) From Gaurav (GKD): Q1) Which is your favourite dal? Mung dal or chana walli dal? :hysterical: Ans) None :P .. I'll take your question seriously anyway :haha: I prefer "Toor" Daal. Hadn't heard of it before I came to the US, but it takes a lot like what we call "Arhar" daal, which I love. Q2) Do you like friends that spit or swallow? :hysterical: Ans) If they do reach that situation, rest assured I'll be happy with them whatever they decide to do. From apocalypse: Q) Are you eager to get married first or Lurker? Ans) :haha: yeah I'm oh so eager !!! Can't wait !!! :hysterical: From yoda: Q1) how many cars have you test driven? :D Ans) Lets just say I remember each ride vividly, but I've only loved 1 car. Q2) who is aditi? Ans) hmm i can't think of a dish that's hot and sweet Q3) was the prius worth it? Ans) Aye Aye sir ! Loving it ! Q4) money or job satisfaction? Ans) A bit of both, but if given a choice would choose job-satisfaction first. From Rajeev: Q1) Coming from an army background, weren't you lured into joining the forces Ans) I did get through and could join, but Dad thought I wouldn't fulfil my potential in the army. Q2) Do you believe in GOD Ans) Rational mind doesn't, but I do (kya karen grew up doing puja every tuesday). Q3) If you were offered a job back in Delhi with comparable salary, would you settle back Ans) YES ! RIGHT AWAY ! Q4) Arranged or Love Marriage Ans) Having loved and lost, I don't care ! Q5) Why do we watch cricket ( without words like religion, passion, interest, sport and India ) Ans) Sab Vehle log hain. Kuch kaam dhanda nahi hai. Q6) Booze with Ghazals or House Ans) If i'm in a sad mood then Ghazals, otherwise House/Rock. Q7) How many visit you made to the UK for someone Ans) Hehe, don't remember really.. Maybe 15-20. From radhika: Q1) What are the hair products you use? Ans) Arrey, a girl asking for advice about hair products.. Wah wah. I keep changing my shampoo.. whatever catches my eye. Right now am using "Garnier Fructis 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner" :hysterical: Q2) How often do you shave? Ans) 2-3 times a week depending on if I go out on weekends or not. Q3) Would you rather be a part of a marathon...or watch the marathon on TV, lying in bed? Ans) Watching a marathon is soooooo boring, I'd rather be a part of it if it's one of those non-serious charity runs and there are lots of friends around with whom I can do timepass while running. Q4) Morning person or a night bird? Ans) Late-late Night bird.. so late infact, that you could almost call me a morning person. Q5) Dogs or cats? Ans) DOGS ALL THE WAY ! Always had a dog ever since I remember. Q6) If you have to choose between a girl with the most beautiful eyes you have ever seen or the one with great legs....which one will it be? Ans) "Most beautiful" eyes vs "Great" legs ? Eyes ! Q7) As a little boy...were you a naughty child or the teacher's pet? Ans) Teacher's pet Q8) Can you live without a computer if you had to.....? Ans) I did live without a computer until I was in college actually. So yeah sure I can :D Q9) Do you get along with your neighbours? Ans) Don't know them well enough to get along with them or fight with them. Back home, always got along with the neighbors. Q10) Ever been in trouble with the police? :D Ans) I have a feeling I have been, but I think my mind has blocked those memories :D Q11) tandoori chicken or sambhar dosa....? Ans) Don't eat chicken, but not a big fan of dosa either.. Though I do like Dosa with "malai" (cream) .. Something mum used to make when we were kids. Go figure. Q12) Red or white? Ans) Red at night, white in the afternoon. Q13) tea or coffee? Ans) COLD coffee during a hot afternoon. Q14) Mumma's prince or papa's puttar....? Ans) Was mummy's prince when I was younger, am now a bit less of Mum's prince, and a bit more of Papa's puttar. From Cricketics: Q1) any cricketing dream? Ans) As a kid, I used to play against the wall (i.e. throw a tennis ball against the wall, and bat when it comes back) and pretend to be playing in a big stadium with stars. Wanted to bat alongside Sachin Tendulkar :D Q2) were u there in kotla, 99 kumble's test match? Ans) Nope I had gone to Bangalore then I think Q3) seemz like u a love ur carz, when was the last time u went to car-wash? Ans) Assuming no double meaning in that question, the last time was around 2 weeks ago. Q4) twenty20, or 5050? Ans) twenty20 baby !! :D Q5) Sitaram's Chole Bature or Chandani Chowk's jalebi, mathi wagara etc? Ans) Chole Bhature ! Q6) six flags or Appu Ghar?:haha: Ans) Appuuuu Gharrr.. uski boat waali ride, and the chota sa roller coaster :haha: Q7) Favorite hill station of India?mussorie, shimla, nainitaal etC? Ans) I rather like Kasauli. There was this place in the South that I had gone once but can't remember which was quite amazing too (not ooty). Q8) were u ever hit for six sixes in an over like broad? if not how many sixes have u given in an over? Ans) Never ! :D .. Max 2 sixes as far as I can remember, but then that's because I don't get to bowl much being primarily a batsman :haha: Q9) carrom or chess? Ans) Carrom From coffee_anon: Q1) Mac or PC? Ans) I don't care about the hardware, as long as it supports LINUX ! Q2) ipod or life? Ans) life Q3) Present or Past? or Future? Ans) Present Q4) Cars or girls? Ans) Girls Q5) What the F U C K does chak de phatte mean? Ans) Chak De Phatte is a bit like a war cry (think mel's speech before the charge in bravehart :P) As to it's origin, there are too many explanations. The one i like the best goes something like the following :P: After the Sikhs raided the Mughal camps, they used to ride back over the wooden bridges and as they rode back, the leader used to ask his troops to "Chak de phatte", or remove the wooden floorboards of the bridges :haha: From kumble_rocks: Q1) Explain Life as you know it. Ans) Life is an abnormality of nature that makes living things think they are individuals and disconnected from the rest of the universe. This is what I understand by the term "ego". (Imagine a large cauldron of boiling soup, where bubbles form and disappear. Soup=universe, bubbles=us) From kabira: Q1) where do you see ICFans in year or so? Ans) I'll leave that to the visionaries :D... I would personally like to develop lotsa cool community-based software to help people interact, talk about cricket, play games with each other, etc etc. From Blue_billion: Q1) If you could have any one thing in the world, what would you have? Ans) The answer to that question keeps changing, but right now I would say mum's dinner. Q2) Do you play video games? (If YES , which is ur fav game ? ) Ans) Used to play, don't play any more. Was a hardcore Unreal Tournament addict. Q3) What kind of music do you like? Ans) 90's Grunge, Indie rock, Alternative rock, Trance (at times), Hip-hop (at times) Q4) What is your blood type? Ans) A+ Q5) Adidas, Nike or Puma? Ans) Puma Q6) :martini_shaken: or :beer_yum: Ans) Depends.. right now I'd like a :martini_shaken: please :P From Gambit: Q1) Do you want to go back to India for good? Ans) Yes From theguyinallblue: Q1) Did you hate your school Uniform ? (I mean your Modern school uniform?) Ans) HELL NO !!! Q2) Did you hate dipsites when you were in school? Ans) YESSSSSS :P Well actually I didn't really. A couple of my cousins were dipsites, but it was just cool at the time to hate dipsites :haha:

Good one Varun, thanks for taking your time out of your hectic schedule you Greek God with cute persona and nice bod! Also probably a good idea to let people speak in 3rd person from time to time, sounds strangely funny...alright a note to self :stupido:

Superb read!!

Sachin Tendulkar, Curtley Ambrose, David Gower
Covering all cricket playing races? :haha:
Q10) The household chore that you absolutely hate to do. Ans) ALL ! (making the bed in the morning, washing dishes, doing laundry, u name it..)
Time to get married, arranged!!
Q4) Morning person or a night bird? Ans) Late-late Night bird.. so late infact, that you could almost call me a morning person.
Looking at the hours you keep, it looks like you never got over the jet lag!:hysterical:

Jo log interesting answers, good answers vagerah bol rahe hain, kisi ne padha bhi hai kya ? :hysterical:

Looking at the hours you keep' date=' it looks like you never got over the jet lag!:hysterical:[/quote'] Ouch :P
Wow ..... good work Varun ... kitna time laga ? :P
Bheembyyy.. I know you're just needling me, but i'll indulge you nonetheless. Look above !

Jo log interesting answers, good answers vagerah bol rahe hain, kisi ne padha bhi hai kya ? :hysterical: !
To be honest I read till you mentioned..chole-bhature....couldn't read after that as the vision of a sumptous meal obscured my thoughts:haha: