Gambhir has signed for Essex for the English county season

StriKe

Against No. 1 test team with best bowling attack' date=' I don't want to fill up my team with all the newbies and leaving our most experienced batsman out(who's available).[/quote'] Experience alone would be of no use if Sachin fails to get runs. With the form he is in, he is struggling for runs in India and expecting him to set things on fire against SA in SA would be laughable though I would be very happy if he can prove me wrong.

ooo looks like despite the victory Essex have been eliminated...... they have finished second in their group but are not the best among second finishing teams..... Tough for Essex missed the semis by a whisker. GG has 4, 4 day matches remaining on his Essex campaign.

Failed the whole A tour now. Brings me back to the 2007 tour when Sehwag was not scoring anything and was picked for the tour to Australia. Won't be surpirsed if he or Gambhir get picked for the tour.
'Tics, do you feel Dhoni likes the left-right opening combination enough that he may not consider Gambhir and Dhawan opening? I just remember this being a big deal to him early on in his captaincy.
'Tics' date=' do you feel Dhoni likes the left-right opening combination enough that he may not consider Gambhir and Dhawan opening? I just remember this being a big deal to him early on in his captaincy.[/quote'] Knowing Dhoni, I don't think he cares much about two lefties or two righties opening together. You can gain a lot from left-right combo but I will have the best bats bat rather than very about left right combo to suit. We need to make sure we have our best bats openign against the best bowling attack in the world right now. Left-Right hand is only good if you know what you doing. Dhoni doesn't really seem to care much about the traditions. He would do things his way. Which is what I also like. I am sure it makes sense when people say that it's good to have right-left combo. But then this game of cricket is not a game of tennis where an ad/court deuce court left and right hand Bryan Brother combination would come out to be too strong for the oppositions. We need to do things which would help us surive the opening spells.

The worse part about this is that GG is going to set a marker. already a site i frequent for info on county cricket people are talking about GG as being the biggest flop of the season. Does not bode well for Indian players. Counties will not want to gamble on them in the future. The pitch has eased off right now.

The worse part about this is that GG is going to set a marker. already a site i frequent for info on county cricket people are talking about GG as being the biggest flop of the season. Does not bode well for Indian players. Counties will not want to gamble on them in the future. The pitch has eased off right now.
Yep. I've read some comments too. Essex fans are not at all happy with his signing.