Gambhir has signed for Essex for the English county season

StriKe

but in samec way Indian pitches are much more helpful than English pitches for spinners.If he can perform on those pitches' date='surely it should be considered[/quote'] Well if he can perform in pitches which are less helpful for spinners (as u say) in England , then he should be able to replicate them in Indian conditions were pitches are supposed to be more helpful.
I didnt say they are bad but our domestic bat are far superior.
yes but pitches and ball used are also pro spin if i am correct in India. You are not going to get out and out turners in England (maybe apart from old trafford) So you have poorer players of spin v conditions less beneficial to a spinner. Evens out IMO. Mamy times in England for eg a spinner has to bowl with a wet ball due to a passing shower. Dont think thats a problem in ranji most of the time.
yes but pitches and ball used are also pro spin if i am correct in India. You are not going to get out and out turners in England (maybe apart from old trafford) So you have poorer players of spin v conditions less beneficial to a spinner. Evens out IMO. Mamy times in England for eg a spinner has to bowl with a wet ball due to a passing shower. Dont think thats a problem in ranji most of the time.
Not all pitches are turner. Infact most pitches are pretty flat(or even seamer friendly) particularly in 1st innings which evens out the helpful conditions in 2nd innings.
y Mamy times in England for eg a spinner has to bowl with a wet ball due to a passing shower. Dont think thats a problem in ranji most of the time.
This is so true. Just last week Shane Warne on his Spin Masterclass on sky during the Ashes, said the reason he developed his slider ball, was because he couldn't get the wet ball to turn / grip during the early part of the season in April when playing for Hampshire and as a result had to develop a new ball.
This is so true. Just last week Shane Warne on his Spin Masterclass on sky during the Ashes' date=' said the reason he developed his slider ball, was because he couldn't get the wet ball to turn / grip during the early part of the season in April when playing for Hampshire and as a result had to develop a new ball.[/quote'] The master class was pants. Sky kept repating it over and over again:hysterical: Basically bowl one angle, then change it:hysterical: Amazing!!!!The issue for us is not the planning but turning it a mile, with the ball drifting one way then spinnig sharp other way. and puuting were you want all the time:hysterical: Should have showed how to grip the ball, angle of arm, how to rip it. None of that. Pants master class. Laras was much better and Kps

@Gunner well the thing with the british weather is that one hour it will be sunny and then a passing shower will come by all of a sudden if you as a spinner are bowling well the captain will pass the ball to the pacer. Your rhythm is broken. Its something which affects the way spinners bowl in england at all levels. I remember the spinner in my sixth form (high school) used to wrap his fingers in duct tape for additional grip regardless of how good or bad the weather was. Dont know how scientific it was but the umpire banned him from it after 4-5 matches.

Well if he can perform in pitches which are less helpful for spinners (as u say) in England ' date=' then he should be able to replicate them in Indian conditions were pitches are supposed to be more helpful.[/quote'] yes,he should be
ZK's problem is fitness not skill. Don't think that is enough reason for him to go for a county season.
Yep, and the best time to decide Zak's fitness is his run in the Ranji games before the SA series. Among our bowlers, I would want Yadav to play few games in the County.
Yep, and the best time to decide Zak's fitness is his run in the Ranji games before the SA series. Among our bowlers, I would want Yadav to play few games in the County.
Ishant too if hes not going to be dropped.county season can fix his issues