State elections 2013 thread: Delhi, MP, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan, Mizoram

The Outsider

Post mortem begins & the blame game starts..

Didn't get support from party, says Sheila Former Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has said she wished she knew what went wrong in the Delhi elections, saying that the Congress had worked for the state for 15 years. According to CNN-IBN, she said that she had not got enough support from the Congress party. "I didn't get the support from the party that I should have", she told the channel. "The party and government went separate ways and that was a problem. There should have been more cohesion", she added. This is exactly what Congress spokesman Jayanti Natarajan denied last evening when confronted with the same question. "Sheila Dikshit was never alone, she got all the support", she said, answering to charges that Sheila had got no support and had been left to battle it out alone in the polls. :hysterical: The former Chief Minister also admitted that they had underestimated the Aam Aadmi Party. "We didn''t understand the Kejriwal factor but there were corruption charges against him which should have been seen but people didn't", she said. But the Delhi Chief Minister did try to be practical about her defeat. "What has happened has happened. This is the people's verdict", she told reporters in Delhi. She added that all she wanted to see now, was a stable government for Delhi, but said that the Congress would have no part to play in alliance formation. When asked what she thought AAP would do now, she said, "I can't answer for AAP".

BJP will form the Govt. in Delhi in a few days... After seeing yesterday's results its clear that everyone (be it the Cong or BJP or Media or the "experts") underestimated the common man's anger towards the Cong and UPA. Everyone knew that BJP was winning MP and Raj or that Cong was losing Delhi but nobody expected BJP to win so decisively in MP and RAJ or Cong to perform so very, very badly in MP/Raj and most of all in Delhi. Unless the Cong does something drastic in these last few months before the General Election, I expect it to loose quite a few seats. One positive that I have noticed since the 2009 Lok Sabha elections is that nowadays more often than not, people are giving parties/coalitions decisive mandates and in many cases even 23rd or 3/4th majority. It sort of began with Cong getting 206 in 2009 Lok Sabha (seeing that no party in India is in a position to get 276 on its own, 206 can easily be called a decisive mandate) then YSR in Andhra, Jayalalitha in TN, Mamta in WB Bannerjee, JDU/BJP in Bihar SAD/BJP in Punjab, Modi in Gujarat, SP in UP, Shivaj Chauhan in MP Vasundhara Raje in Raj, Raman Singh in C'garh, Cong in Karnataka, BJP in Goa etc. In fact I only remember Uttrakhand, Jharkhand and now Delhi where there has been a very very close result or hung Assembly in the last few years. I guess one reason is that people are really unhappy with the way their Govts. so when given a chance, they don't hesitate in giving the other side a chance so party loyalty, at least in Urban areas, is decreasing :hmmm:

Oh my my. This oldie has lost it. After sending her resignation to Delhi Lt Governor, Sheila Dikshit says: "We have to analyse what went wrong." She said she accepts election results with due respect and further thanked everyone for their support for 15 years. Asked whether she failed to read the public mood, she sarcastically said, "Bewakoof hai na hum?"