State elections 2013 thread: Delhi, MP, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan, Mizoram

The Outsider

In Rajasthan from what I saw at a lot of places top BJP workers who couldn't get tickets filed nomination as independent candidates so that would cut a lot of BJP votes. Same thing happened with Congress too, but at a relatively lesser no. of places. It was a landslide for BJP before those nominations were filed but its totally uncertain now.
I will quit ICF if BJP do not get massive win in Rajasthan

Dude I'm saying this because all the AAP voters are working class. All the Facebook, twitter users , middle class people etc are their main vote bank. One thing which can swing in favor of the bjp in Delhi is the immigrants votes from Haryana. Lets see...:haha:

Also note that if bjp wins in all the states, it means they would get less votes in loksabha elections because of the anti incumbency factor. The same thing happened even in the previous 2008 loksabha elections. Bjp won the state elections but in loksabha they didn't get much seats because of the anti incumbency factor. The only thing which could save the anti incumbency factor is Modi magic.

Real hate for kangress. Look at delhi. All polls showed that the most popular leader in Delhi is Sheila Dixit( I hate her)' date=' yet she still lost as she is with congress.[/quote'] I have heard quite a few people say Aap in state, modi at centre. (My mom voted for Aap btw. Other votes from my house went for bjp.) Modi ke charche bahut hain yahan, I think there will be a modi wave in lok Sabha elections.

I have heard quite a few people say Aap in state' date=' modi at centre. (My mom voted for Aap btw. Other votes from my house went for bjp.) Modi ke charche bahut hain yahan, I think there will be a modi wave in lok Sabha elections.[/quote'] It is truly impressive what AAP have achieved. But one does wonder if people are being naive here. It is one thing to ride a wave of honesty. But then do they have the adminsitrative talent. In fact, some of their positions are naive to say the least.

It is truly impressive what AAP have achieved. But one does wonder if people are being naive here. It is one thing to ride a wave of honesty. But then do they have the adminsitrative talent. In fact, some of their positions are naive to say the least.
Not just honesty. Their campaign was quite clearly superior to bjp/congress imo. Shows they have very good management skills as well.

Not just honesty. Their campaign was quite clearly superior to bjp/congress imo. Shows they have very good management skills as well.
Campaign skills are one things. But do they have political and policy making talent. I don't know. They will not win, but I am happy about the impact they havemade.

It is truly impressive what AAP have achieved. But one does wonder if people are being naive here. It is one thing to ride a wave of honesty. But then do they have the adminsitrative talent. In fact, some of their positions are naive to say the least.
What and others have administritaive talent?? Jeez do me a favour. They have talent of taking money for own pockets but no more

Delhi is the most interesting state right now. will be interesting to see who AAP opts for' date=' if their seats decide the hung assembly.[/quote'] They can't go with congress...that would be a stab in the back of their voters. There is a big one coming next year.

I think so. Internet' date=' so many news channels, newspapers, literacy rates going up are the main factors. A bit of modi factor as well and anti-incumbency in some states.[/quote'] one of the aap's member and former election forecaster said it is also because the denominators for calculating the voting percentages are reducing, but he didn't say why the numbers are being revised.

Also note that if bjp wins in all the states, it means they would get less votes in loksabha elections because of the anti incumbency factor. The same thing happened even in the previous 2008 loksabha elections. Bjp won the state elections but in loksabha they didn't get much seats because of the anti incumbency factor. The only thing which could save the anti incumbency factor is Modi magic.
good point,i still dont think BJP will come to power but we will see.