Syria chemical weapons allegations

gs

You'll never find me defending the excesses of US foreign policy, the second gulf war or even Guantanamo bay. But I am very glad that US foreign policy played a part in defeating fascism and more importantly defeating communism. Without the latter, the world would be a lot more red towards the end of the last century and history thus suggests it would be much worse. I'd love a strong, decisive and fair UN but short of that, I'll take American military superiority as the lesser of the evils compared to Russia, China or some Arab/African dictator flexing their sphere of influence. Yes, you prefer watching many more millions die out of fascism, communism or just crazy military dictators. Except the intervention isn't about you or me, its about the many more that will fall victim to such WMDs which can be actively used since there's potentially no punishment for using them.
Get ur head out of the history books. No longer is this the same USA that defeated communism and fascism. In the world that we live in today, USA is the biggest perpetrator of wars and evidently ur one of the few who believe they did it for humanity!!!

Two issues here, the first being you simply refuse to acknowledge facts. What is happening in Syria is no freedom struggle. More like an armed insurgency. Second being no one is asking USA to support dictators, but pray tell me who are their closest allies in the middle east? Where was Barrack during Bahrain's revolution? And isn't the Saudi government just adorable? After-all Saudi Arabia and other middle eastern countries so pressing for violence in Syria are all beacons of democracy rit? And finally yes before USA's intervention, Libya was actually quite peaceful and so was Syria and so was Iraq!!!!!
What's happening is civil war, but that doesn't mean the secular dictator can have a free hand. If you're so keen on facts as you claim, maybe you'd understand that any US president is not going to risk oil at $250 per barrel in pursuit of democracy among the major oil producers. What exactly is your demand though ? Should USA intervene everywhere at whatever expense or it should back off and let dictatorships continue as usual ? Your comment on KSA/Bahrain suggests the former & Libya/Iraq the latter. Every non-republican I know has been against the second Iraq war, except maybe the late Christopher Hitchens. Libya was after all a UN intervention, I don't know why that is such a bad thing in those circumstances. We're still discussing potential intervention in Syria, so hold your horses.
Get ur head out of the history books. No longer is this the same USA that defeated communism and fascism. In the world that we live in today, USA is the biggest perpetrator of wars and evidently ur one of the few who believe they did it for humanity!!!
Maybe you could open your eyes and look up on the umpteen missions in Africa for a change. The point isn't whether United States military is an angel, it never was one, but whether there's some good in what it has done.

I find it hard to understand how America can fight the Al-Queda in one country and support it in another. Watch this. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23924805
Didn't you know its the good Al Qaeda. Just like their Afghan/Pakistani counterparts, the good Taliban, the American way of life, the lure of freedom and democracy has turned some erstwhile members of the evil/bad Al Qaeda into your regular McDonalds loving Joes Mos. The tyrannical chemical weapon using despot Assad is against the all so innocent good Al Qaeda's idea of a peaceful Syria, where everything is decided by ballot. Hence the American support.

This is to people who oppose US intevention. So what is the option? Whole world should just sit back and let people keep getting killed' date=' with or without chemical weapons.[/quote'] That's the thing. The whole world is not sitting and watching. The Gulf countries along with certain western countries are funding this insurgency. That needs to stop. That's the first step. Let peace prevail. Give Assad a time-table. But first the insurgency needs to stop. Then we can move on to the next step. That's exactly what the west does not want. They will stoop as low as required and do whatever needs to be done, cos ultimately it's not about the Syrian people, it's about what the proxy countries funding this insurgency want. And they want Syria to be bombed and a puppet government be installed, for whatever reason.

That's the thing. The whole world is not sitting and watching. The Gulf countries along with certain western countries are funding this insurgency. That needs to stop. That's the first step. Let peace prevail. Give Assad a time-table. But first the insurgency needs to stop. Then we can move on to the next step. That's exactly what the west does not want. They will stoop as low as required and do whatever needs to be done, cos ultimately it's not about the Syrian people, it's about what the proxy countries funding this insurgency want. And they want Syria to be bombed and a puppet government be installed, for whatever reason.
And apparently west is stooping low here.

I berate chacha Nehru ? You mean the PM who gave up our claimed territory of Kashmir, ensured we suffered our only military defeat to China and most importantly created the foundations for the license raj and hindu rate of growth to keep us bhikhari for decades ?Yeah, great leader :hatsoff:
The level of stupidity in this post is astounding! :nice:

No' date=' you've given me no choice after insinuating that politicians support terrorists for Muslim votebanks - I take back my apology.[/quote'] Didn't the Current U.p Govt just do that.I think they had promised before polls also.

No' date=' you've given me no choice after insinuating that politicians support terrorists for Muslim votebanks - I take back my apology.[/quote'] Aww, that's sad. Lets keep the Indian secularism discussion out of this thread, it can be debated over there.

And how does that exemplify/signify a terrorist support from Muslims in UP?
I never said that up muslims supported terrorists thus voted the govt .Up govt said they will release innocent muslims thus playing the victimization card,Many might be innocent but they did not follow any rules or transparency while withdrawing cases.If bjp comes to power u will get cases against rss and sang manipulated.Politicians always play the religion card and after victory have to be seen doing something.