DHOOM:3 TEASER - Aamir Khan | Abhishek Bachchan | Katrina

rkt.india

I find him very versatile. He does it very effectively, but watch him in Wake Up sid and watch him in Rockstar and you will find a huge change in his body language. And that's what acting is more about - body language. Not looks, not style, not voice. Isn't that what makes Jack Nicholson a great actor? Otherwise, he looks the same in every role.
Not exactly.....jack Nicholson can scare the s**t out of you like shining ......play an intimidating mob boss and real intimidating in departed.....play a vulnerable guy convincingly in bucket list and about Schmidt. Ranbir is the same guy in every move though he was brilliant in rocket Singh. As far as him being a method actor goes,never seen any examples of that.....de Niro driving taxi every night to prepare himself for a role now that is method acting or Christian bale's weight fluctuations or Johnny depp taking extreme measures for his roles by basing them on real people,that is method acting. Having said that ranbir is leagues ahead of srk as an actor......currently he is equal to aamir in terms of acting but has the potential to overtake him. Being better than imran khan,shahid kapoor and the guy from band Baaja is not exactly a benchmark

IMO he is a better judge of roles than most of his contemporaries. How many mainstream actors will actually do films like Rocket Singh' date= Wake Up Sid and Rockstar?
But that's hardly a benchmark. I've only watched Rocket Singh among the above three movies and caught a bit of Wake Up Sid at a friend's place. What I would really like to see is Ranbir in a role of a soft-spoken cop, a misguided terrorist, or a hard-nosed lawyer. Somehow I feel he will be exceptional in those roles. For example, I was watching Mission Kashmir a few days back and cringed at how Hrithik destroyed his character. That's the kind of role I feel Ranbir can really excel in.

But that's hardly a benchmark. I've only watched Rocket Singh among the above three movies and caught a bit of Wake Up Sid at a friend's place. What I would really like to see is Ranbir in a role of a soft-spoken cop, a misguided terrorist, or a hard-nosed lawyer. Somehow I feel he will be exceptional in those roles. For example, I was watching Mission Kashmir a few days back and cringed at how Hrithik destroyed his character. That's the kind of role I feel Ranbir can really excel in.
Hrithik was real good in m.k even though he got upstaged by dutt....probably dutts best performance.better than khalnayak and munna bhai roles

Not exactly.....jack Nicholson can scare the s**t out of you like shining ......play an intimidating mob boss and real intimidating in departed.....play a vulnerable guy convincingly in bucket list and about Schmidt. Ranbir is the same guy in every move though he was brilliant in rocket Singh. As far as him being a method actor goes,never seen any examples of that.....de Niro driving taxi every night to prepare himself for a role now that is method acting or Christian bale's weight fluctuations or Johnny depp taking extreme measures for his roles by basing them on real people,that is method acting. Having said that ranbir is leagues ahead of srk as an actor......currently he is equal to aamir in terms of acting but has the potential to overtake him. Being better than imran khan,shahid kapoor and the guy from band Baaja is not exactly a benchmark
I don't think that's what he meant. There is this persona of Nicholson you can't place aside. He can be chilly, funny and serious but just like the recent Al Pacino flicks or DiNero there is something you can't take out of them. That is what differs the Brit actors from the Americans.
As far as him being a method actor goes,never seen any examples of that.....de Niro driving taxi every night to prepare himself for a role now that is method acting or Christian bale's weight fluctuations or Johnny depp taking extreme measures for his roles by basing them on real people,that is method acting.
Extreme method acting is the real deal. DD.Lewis goes nuts in almost every movie. During the movie "The Last of The Mohicans", the directors said- 'If he kills is, he eats it'. Used to hunt his own food. Asked others to feed him during "My Left Foot" and refused to talk to others in "Gangs of New York" and listened to Eminem to keep up aggression. You are not a quality actor if you don't go extreme in atleast one of your movies.

I don't think that's what he meant. There is this persona of Nicholson you can't place aside. He can be chilly, funny and serious but just like the recent Al Pacino flicks or DiNero there is something you can't take out of them. That is what differs the Brit actors from the Americans. Extreme method acting is the real deal. DD.Lewis goes nuts in almost every movie. During the movie "The Last of The Mohicans", the directors said- 'If he kills is, he eats it'. Used to hunt his own food. Asked others to feed him during "My Left Foot" and refused to talk to others in "Gangs of New York" and listened to Eminem to keep up aggression. :afraid:
Agree....Gary old man is another one....can't tell the person from his roles.....everyone knows the name but no one can immediately picture in their minds how he looks.

Also people saying srk is a better person than aamir just based on their family life is a joke in itself.....srk is clearly the bigger douche and egomaniac
Then what do you make of a person,who ditched his first wife,whose real brother feels life threatened by him,not to forget saying other actor that I have named my dog after you,is that a quality of a good person and what's wrong with being a little egoistic,you yourself are hell bend to proof yourself right,to try to demean srk,are involved in whose dyck is bigger competition and method acting doesn't makes you superior,it's how you approach role,some guys like to go deep into character like aamir,some don't,so it doesn't make others bad,aamir himself is a big douche and egoistic,he is known for his confrontations with directors,be it gowarikar,gupte or kagti,I admit ranbir will overtake both of them though,but he need to stop working in movies like besharam ,by the way kat is looking hot though :alienbooty:.

Don't mix up an actor's personal life with his acting career. It won't make much sense.
I am not mixing actor's personal life with professional,i said that I like aamir as an actor but not as a person,it was him who said that srk can't act and all his performance have been decent to crap including chak de.

I wasn't referring to you but the argument. And I am with you on the SRK vs Amir debate. There isn't a strong case to back SRK as he hasn't worked with as many good directors as Amir.
Ok you agree with vayuu....Hold on a second....let us step back.....so you are saying chak de India was better filmmaking than Lagaan??? Now let us take 2 actors say Leonardo do caprio and say brad Pitt...for all we know Pitt might be a better actor than Leo.....just hypothetically speaking.....both have done commercial blockbusters as well as arty movies but people rate Leo over Pitt only because the other has a better body of work. Same logic applies here too. As I said srk is in the Adam sandler or Ben stiller level.decent and passable....makes crappy movies which make a lot of money and once in a while put up good performances but aamir is clearly the Johnny depp of india

Ok you agree with vayuu....Hold on a second....let us step back.....so you are saying chak de India was better filmmaking than Lagaan???
Dude, Lagaan was a piece of crap movie. From a previous post of mine: "Lagaan suffered from a huge colonial hangover, in trying to show the one upmanship of the desi over the gora and the audiences lapped it up. Not to mention the half dozen or so songs randomly placed, caricatures in place of characters for the Indian team, and the best of it all was the song sung by the "gori" - I was confused about whether to laugh or bang my head when I heard that."

Dude, Lagaan was a piece of crap movie. From a previous post of mine: "Lagaan suffered from a huge colonial hangover, in trying to show the one upmanship of the desi over the gora and the audiences lapped it up. Not to mention the half dozen or so songs randomly placed, caricatures in place of characters for the Indian team, and the best of it all was the song sung by the "gori" - I was confused about whether to laugh or bang my head when I heard that."
FYI.....last time I checked it was a movie and not a documentary or a retelling of a real event.i never said the movie was flawless,all I am saying is the body of work aamir has to show for,far overshadows srk's. Lagaan will easily make to any top countdowns in Indian cinema,I doubt too many srk movies will get the same honor.i am not talking about box office,just in terms of filmmaking . Sholay,chak de,deewar all critically well received movies have caricatures....so your point?