Ishwar Pandey Thread

Kapil was a real force in ODIs' date=' even more so than Tests. His SR of 95+ in those times was highly remarkable.[/quote'] Kapil had this unique delivery.. Straightening delivery which he was a master of . Ball would threaten to leave the batsman a shade but would hold its line. Dean Jones was bemused couple of times. He had these teeny tiny variations .He is a perfect example how he was able to move from being a debutant to a world class fast bowler in such a short span of time. It was even more creditable considering he had no one to idolize or no one to seek counsel or guidance like we have now. Ishant had opportunity to work with guys like Steyn and so many coaches. Yet he looks like someone who has just made first class debut.
Kapil had this unique delivery.. Straightening delivery which he was a master of . Ball would threaten to leave the batsman a shade but would hold its line. Dean Jones was bemused couple of times. He had these teeny tiny variations .He is a perfect example how he was able to move from being a debutant to a world class fast bowler in such a short span of time. It was even more creditable considering he had no one to idolize or no one to seek counsel or guidance like we have now. Ishant had opportunity to work with guys like Steyn and so many coaches. Yet he looks like someone who has just made first class debut.
Ishant can't and won't learn. When I look back at the 2000s, it's amazing how many fairly talented pacers fell away after good debuts - Ishant himself, Irfan Pathan, RP, Sreesanth, Munaf, Praveen Kumar, etc.
Ishant can't and won't learn. When I look back at the 2000s' date=' it's amazing how many fairly talented pacers fell away after good debuts - Ishant himself, Irfan Pathan, RP, Sreesanth, Munaf, Praveen Kumar, etc.
Add Nehra. And people like L. Balaji fell away due to injury. So many promising medium-pacers were lost. They all look good for a year and then gone. Wonder what will happen to Shami?

Stuart Broad is a prime example in modern era. 6 years back he was smacked all over by Yuvraj. Look how he has progressed since. There should be definitive progress. Yes you can have slumps in between. But it should not be much worse than when you started out. If that happens there is something wrong. Is ANderson. Broad worse than when they started their career? No. But Ishant has gone below that standard several times.

Add Nehra. And people like L. Balaji fell away due to injury. So many promising medium-pacers were lost. They all look good for a year and then gone. Wonder what will happen to Shami?
Will lose his swing and pace, and become a trundler who concentrates on "accuracy". And even this so-called accuracy will also disappear. One can only hope that this won't happen,but seeing the trend it is very likely.
Shami touches the mark at times but I doubt he is 'consistently' over 140. He is more 137-138 kinda bowler.
In tests most bowlers are like this including steyn,Harris,siddle only express bowlers average above 140 or. Some one like morkel who is consistently quick but that makes it 2 guys in world if we don't include guys like yadav who don't play always
Shami touches the mark at times but I doubt he is 'consistently' over 140. He is more 137-138 kinda bowler.
Shami averages 140 mos of the time as he is consistently around 139-140 with max around 144 and lowest around 135, so it all equals out in the end.
Will lose his swing and pace' date=' and become a trundler who concentrates on "accuracy". And even this so-called accuracy will also disappear. One can only hope that this won't happen,but seeing the trend it is very likely.[/quote'] Recently after SA tour, ABP news had a telephonic interview with Shami where he said he is right now bowling around 140K and wants to increase his pace up 145K in the near future. He has right attitude and if he continues to work on his fitness and refine his runup and action even further, he will be bowling quicker. Sometimes, he is not balanced enough in his runup because of longer strides and his left arm comes down too early. One he improves on these two aspects, he will be bowling even quicker and yeah, fitness and stamina is as important to bowl quick.
No if people are going to call shami medium pacer cos of 2 km per h difference than I should be clear that he has averaged 1 or 2 km more than Harris :winky: Otherwise they are pretty similar
No. He has not., I had posted Harris' average and max pace in this thread itself. Harris average 87, max 91 at Perth 1st innings, average 86, max 90 2nd innings. MCG average 86, max 91 1st innings, average 85, max 89 2nd innings. Shami average 85, max 89 at Wanderers Ist innings, average 85, max 89 2nd innings. Kingsmead average average 85, max 89 1st innings, average 86, max 88 in 2nd.
No. He has not., I had posted Harris' average and max pace in this thread itself. Harris average 87, max 91 at Perth 1st innings, average 86, max 90 2nd innings. MCG average 86, max 91 1st innings, average 85, max 89 2nd innings. Shami average 85, max 89 at Wanderers Ist innings, average 85, max 89 2nd innings. Kingsmead average average 85, max 89 1st innings, average 86, max 88 in 2nd.
Tv speeds were different then I guess also in few matches Harris bowled quicker and slower in others ..
Tv speeds were different then I guess also in few matches Harris bowled quicker and slower in others ..
I do not think so. Harris was consistently around 140. If cricinfo speeds showing a difference in both then it would be same even on TV speeds. I think these are pretty accurate as these take speed gun errors into consideration too.
Recently after SA tour, ABP news had a telephonic interview with Shami where he said he is right now bowling around 140K and wants to increase his pace up 145K in the near future. He has right attitude and if he continues to work on his fitness and refine his runup and action even further, he will be bowling quicker. Sometimes, he is not balanced enough in his runup because of longer strides and his left arm comes down too early. One he improves on these two aspects, he will be bowling even quicker and yeah, fitness and stamina is as important to bowl quick.
Thats really great attitude..145K Target, that way he would end up being faster than Umesh on an average. umesh keeps a 140 k and possibly Shammi around 139K at most times. i would say that would be great and Shammi will outshine all india fast bowlers- actually he has already done so. I expected him to take more wickets in africa, I seriously consider that he was a Bit underbowled in both the TESTS in africa else he would have got a few more wickets.