Ishwar Pandey Thread

Suyal' date=' Pankaj, Shami, Pandey deserve a go , Suyal is fast n others are f/m also can move the ball, all can hit the bat n hurry the batsmen on occasions.[/quote'] i am not getting too excited about Shammi and Pandey still- Possibly two reasons..... 1. when i saw shammi mohit unadkat n VK on TV in recent zimbabwe series..Shammi was good but Unadkat and even Mohit were better......... 2. this test was not shown on TV so cant just comment much when i have not seen.......... 3. even guys like rohit raina and nadeem have got some success - indicates that the batting team was NOT that Good. even a Unadkat was looking like a Steyn GUN against ZIMBOKS- thAT DID NOT MEAN uNADKAT is very dangerous now..though he is far better than his past and is now seriosuly challenging top fast bowlers........... Till we dont see them LIVE or on TV it is too early to say and specially against Quality batsman Gist is DONT get excited... Hold on your Applauds a little. let us see how they fare in the second Test.........if again pandey gets 7 and shammi gets 6 or vice versa than one needs to Notice...
He bowls in the range of 130-139. I have seen him bowl live with speed guns in ranji trophy against Mumbai where he took a f-fer.
i do believe that was in MP on a highly pro pace bowling wicket. In the second innings the Mumbai batsman sorted him out. He had figures of 91/2 in the second innings. Mumbai crucially went on to win that game through a good Zaheer spell. It was more of a case of getting used to him in the first look.
He bowls in the range of 130-139. I have seen him bowl live with speed guns in ranji trophy against Mumbai where he took a f-fer.
I saw the Ranji match between Mumbai and MP (think it was Semifinal) on TV where even Zaheer was bowling. In that match I saw Pandey clocking only 125 to 135 or so. Infact most of the balls were in 120's only some more than 130, but he got good swing.
I didnot watch that match,but I still remember Irani Trophy match. Mithun-131k Dhawal-130k Sreesanth-130k Pandey-129k
i do believe that was in MP on a highly pro pace bowling wicket. In the second innings the Mumbai batsman sorted him out. He had figures of 91/2 in the second innings. Mumbai crucially went on to win that game through a good Zaheer spell. It was more of a case of getting used to him in the first look.
And that was a complete flat track after that and then you are comparing Mumbai batting to MP batting. MP is one of the worst batting side in domestic cricket. If he can bowl anything as good as he bowled in that match in first innings, he can cause a lot of problems in SA on helpful tracks. You need a combination of bowling doing well and BK, Yadav and Pandey can do that, IMO.
And that was a complete flat track after that and then you are comparing Mumbai batting to MP batting. MP is one of the worst batting side in domestic cricket. If he can bowl anything as good as he bowled in that match in first innings' date=' he can cause a lot of problems in SA on helpful tracks. You need a combination of bowling doing well and BK, Yadav and Pandey can do that, IMO.[/quote'] As much as we hate Ishant still we need to Accept that BK Umesh and ISHANt and if fit ZAK are the BEST India Have at present. Yes Varun Aroon can sure replace Ishant Sharma if he is fully Fit and full form but since he has no time to prove so varun wont be selected. Be realistic and not partial- Dhoni and Sandeep patil would surely go with Ishant Sharma ahead of Pandey Shammi and Unadkat...Lambu also bowled fine in the champions trophy. the 5 Pacers to South Africa would be-
  1. BHUVi
  2. Umesh
  3. Ishant
  4. ZAK
  5. Unadkat

if ZAK is Totally unfit SHAMMI or Pandey may get a chance. Among Spinners there would be Just 2 Spinners- ASHWIN and Amit Mishra. Jadeja will be the All rounder.

if ken borland is correct then i would pick SHAMMI Ahead of Pandey if ZAK is unfit and cant make it. i beleive Unadkat is kinda sure to be picked as he was the outstanding pacer in ZIMBOKS tour.
2-3 kph of pace difference does not make much of a difference while Pandey's extra bounce can. Both are predominantly outswing bowlers.