To Symonds, with love, from Barodians

Dravid

BARODA, India, Oct 11 (Reuters) - Australia all-rounder Andrew Symonds was racially abused by spectators while fielding in Thursday's one-day match against India, Australian officials said. A section of the crowd was believed to have taunted Symonds by making monkey noises while he was fielding at the boundary line when India were bundled out for 148. "Yes, Andrew Symonds did hear noises," said Australia spokesman Philip Pope. "The players discussed it in the dressing room. We are not calling for action. We think it is up to the local authorities to deal with it," he added. The visitors eased to a nine-wicket victory in the fifth one-dayer to lead the seven-match series 3-1. The next match is in Nagpur on Sunday. The International Cricket Council (ICC) has toughened its stand after allegations of racial abuse directed at South African players on their Australia tour in the 2005-06 season. The amendments to the ICC's anti-racism code allow ICC members to impose a range of punishments on spectators, including a life ban, if they are found guilty of racial abuse. The member countries can also face penalties ranging from fines to a possible withdrawal of their international status from the venue where the incident has taken place. England left-arm spinner Monty Panesar and batsman Kevin Pietersen were allegedly racially abused during the Ashes tour opener in Canberra last year. SOURCE: Reuters.com :haha::D 1st sree, now whole of baroda after symonds:D we always/will get **** from aussie crowds when we play there... nice to see my fellow barodians stepping up :cantstop:

When i attended the India-Pak test match in Chennai in 1999 , the part of the crowd where i was sitting was abusing the Pakistani boundary rider with the choicest of abuse in Tamil. It was so cheap and low-class that i actually wanted to get out. Crowd abuse of the players is a VERY common phenomenon and its very hard to stop.

Not at all cool. Indian public do that even against WIians. They say racist things aloud in Hindi' date=' which will go unnoticed. Let's face it, there is lot of racism in India.[/quote'] yea that thing abt windies thing had come in the paper as well .there was test in mumbai where the crowd was really bad and i mean +really bad A section of the crowd was literally abusing the windies players especially merv dillon who was touring that time. my friend was part of that crowd and he was pretty happy and cheerful abt it
When i attended the India-Pak test match in Chennai in 1999 , the part of the crowd where i was sitting was abusing the Pakistani boundary rider with the choicest of abuse in Tamil. It was so cheap and low-class that i actually wanted to get out. Crowd abuse of the players is a VERY common phenomenon and its very hard to stop.
u were in which stand? I was also inthe stadium.. I was in std B i think..tkt price is 50rs...
u were in which stand? I was also inthe stadium.. I was in std B i think..tkt price is 50rs...
Which day did go Annatha ? i went in the second day , only to see Sachin get out early. I think i was in the ESSAR stand , cant remember clearly.

if players can abuse some other player's mothers and sisters..then they deserve every bit of racial..physical and other forms of abuse... Whole Pak team except YK...Whole Ausie team except Gilly...they all indulge in MCs and BCs... i think its really BS to hide what is said on the field....stump mike should be ON all the time..and each umpire should have a microphone..so that spectators can hear what players discuss with them.. people should know how players are playing the game..and how they motivate themselves and mentally disintegrate the oppositions..