Countdown to Kohli being ranked number 1

I am the biggest Kohli fan in the world probably, but I feel he is still not the most disciplined batsman in test. He has the X-FACTOR and determination to do well in both formats test and odi's but has't reached that mark yet in test. He has it in him and is definitely my first choice in current world 11. Pujara and Amla are the most disciplined batsman right now and then comes Kohli. Kohli will surpass everyone though, as he seems to be the most strong and determined among all of them. Most hungry among all. But most disciplined for now - Pujara and AMLA.
:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up:
Kohli wont ever be No. 1 in tests because he will always be behind Clarke' date=' Amla, ABDV, Cook(if back in form) and Pujara but he will easily remain No.1 in ODIs for most of his career.[/quote'] Well he might just score a hundred in each innings against SA in one test match. Not sure how many have or could do that? That would be something special and surely a sign this lad may go far:winky:
Well he might just score a hundred in each innings against SA in one test match. Not sure how many have or could do that? That would be something special and surely a sign this lad may go far:winky:
What this knock has done is affirmed the notion that he is something special and not just a FTB :). Enjoy it. He and Pujara will be the mainstay in your order for a LONG TIME..
What this knock has done is affirmed the notion that he is something special and not just a FTB :). Enjoy it. He and Pujara will be the mainstay in your order for a LONG TIME..
Well our new young batters are potetnial FTBs. That will be the same for next 100 years. All will have that potential label till they do bussiness overseas(same for pak and sl bats). He and pujra like our illustrious greats from past have proved they are not. Murali Vijay has almost proved it he is nor FTB, in fact I think he has proved he is not. Rohit Sharma I guaranteee will prove is not FTB and will be ATG like Kohli and Pujara. Rhanane may have almost proved he is not FTB. Only doubt in our top 6 is Dhawan. Jury out
Well our new young batters are potetnial FTBs. That will be the same for next 100 years. All will have that potential label till they do bussiness overseas(same for pak and sl bats). He and pujra like our illustrious greats from past have proved they are not. Murali Vijay has almost proved it he is nor FTB, in fact I think he has proved he is not. Rohit Sharma I guaranteee will prove is not FTB and will be ATG like Kohli and Pujara. Rhanane may have almost proved he is not FTB. Only doubt in our top 6 is Dhawan. Jury out
That's very biased, dude.
Please say you were kidding

Rohit has the technique to succeed outside the subcontinent. In the ODIs, he was run out once and s full blooded pull basically went straight to hand in the other. In the tests, Rohit has looked comfortable against pace. Threw his wicket away with a poor shot in one innings and the ball kept very low in the other. He hasn't really given the impression that he is uncomfortable. I am hopeful. Rahane and Vijay have been nice, positive surprises.

India will do well to find a batsman like Dravid in test. No one can replace the legends but someone can come out better and I think Kohli will be our greatest player ever overseas. When he calls it a day' date=' he will have the best record batting overseas.[/quote'] He did bat excellentlly in this match. Hope he continues in this vein! All the best to him!
Rohit has the technique to succeed outside the subcontinent. In the ODIs, he was run out once and s full blooded pull basically went straight to hand in the other. In the tests, Rohit has looked comfortable against pace. Threw his wicket away with a poor shot in one innings and the ball kept very low in the other. He hasn't really given the impression that he is uncomfortable. I am hopeful. Rahane and Vijay have been nice, positive surprises.
Rahane hasn't been a surprise at all.dunno why people are saying that.hes done well on many A tours before.infact better than Rohit
He did bat excellentlly in this match. Hope he continues in this vein! All the best to him!
Yes. I always want to add something about Pujara. He is one for ages too. I just hope like Dravid and Tendulkar, both Pujara and Kohli can motivate themselves to do this on consistent basis. It's easy to get bored or slack. Dravid never did that and even Tendulkar. They might fail in few test, but they would always come back and hit that one big knock on every tour since they were always motivated to do well for Inida. Their longevity was not only reachable by fellow Indian players of that time, but always from anyone from other team. I hope these guys just keep doing that. It's a brilliant start.
Rahane hasn't been a surprise at all.dunno why people are saying that.hes done well on many A tours before.infact better than Rohit
Maybe because he looked mediocre in the only test and few ODIs he had played. A tours are not shown on tv and an opinion cannot be formed about the type of player from scoresheets alone. For example Unadkat was decent in the last SAF A tour and got decent reviews. When we saw im bowling on tv , , in an international match, he looked out of his depth. Seeing Rahane facing Steyn, Morkel and co. with composure has actually created a favourable impression about him in the minds of most cricket lovers all over the world.
Which are those A tours where Rahane did better than Rohit? Playing for India A, Rahane averages 33. Record read 10 matches, 491 runs@33 , with 1 100 and 3 50s. Rohit has a slightly better record, though nothing special. 10 matches, 592 runs@42 with 1 100 and 4 50s. Both of them have played one match each for Board President's XI, Rahane hit 113*, Rohit scored 134. Both have a similar record playing Ranji Trophy for Mumbai. Rahane though has a much superior record in Duleep and Irani trophies.

In my book Kohli is the best odi and test batter in the world no doubt, haven't seen a better odi bat and winning all the games single handedly , no one has done that before, now he is following suit in test, he can play as well home and away, play attacking , defensive, plays big knocks, is hungry, fit, smart, ambitious and plays some audacious strokes, he has outdone any other player in odi arena now he is ready to do it in test, will end up being India's best batsmen ever and atg