India Vs Pakistan. Mind games have started.

Holysmoke

ENOUGH, no more. For it ain’t so sweet as it was before. That might be harsh advice for a national hero who’s amassed 15,563 runs in one-day internationals, but it’s coming from former Pakistan captain Javed Miandad, a long-time fan of the Sachin Tendulkar of days gone by. “I feel uncomfortable when I watch him play now,”:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Miandad told MiD DAY from Pakistan, where a 16-year-old Tendulkar, in his international debut series had won millions of fans after hitting a few sixes off the legendary leg spinner Abdul Qadir in an exhibition one-dayer at the Arab Niaz Stadium in Peshawar in 1989. For nearly two years now, the genius strokeplay and crease confidence have been visible only in fits and starts, Miandad said. “The class he possessed a few years ago has disappeared.:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:(Class has disappeared, form is still there :hysterical:) Earlier, he could belt the best of bowlers at will. These days he is struggling against mediocre bowlers too. I think it’s time he says goodbye to ODIs.” Playing 400 ODIs is no measure of greatness, he added. “For me, definition of a great player is that he plays on his terms and conditions and leaves the stage on his terms and condition. Why do you think the Aussies are respected so much? They stop playing when they are at the top. They are never in a situation where they have to be pushed out of the squad. They leave with dignity,” (Another Brainfart:hysterical:, Steve Waugh, Mark Waugh, Ian Healy, Gillespie, Bevan, etc)Miandad observed. (:hysterical:) Tendulkar has time and again come under severe criticism in the last couple of years for cutting down on his wide array of strokes. And, Miandad, who has played two Word Cups (1992 and ’96) against Tendulkar, felt the criticism was not unwarranted. “He used to be a ruthless customer. He had such great strokes in his repertoire but of late he has cut down on so many of them,” Miandad said. The legendary Pakistani middle-order batsman, who scored a brilliant 145 in the third Test at Lahore’s Gaddafi Stadium during Tendulkar’s debut year, insisted that Tendulkar is low on confidence. “People might say that Tendulkar got runs during India’s tour of England, but according to me he was not at his best even then… despite scoring those runs. Even in the last match against Australia where he got 79, he struggled. Imagine Tendulkar not being able to take a single for a considerable amount of deliveries!(:hysterical:) “He has achieved a lot and it’s time he seriously considers to bid adieu,” Miandad suggested. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Now expecting Lurker and Fineleg to come and say that Miandad is "spot on" :psalute:

ENOUGH, no more. For it ain’t so sweet as it was before. That might be harsh advice for a national hero who’s amassed 15,563 runs in one-day internationals, but it’s coming from former Pakistan captain Javed Miandad, a long-time fan of the Sachin Tendulkar of days gone by. “I feel uncomfortable when I watch him play now,”:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Miandad told MiD DAY from Pakistan, where a 16-year-old Tendulkar, in his international debut series had won millions of fans after hitting a few sixes off the legendary leg spinner Abdul Qadir in an exhibition one-dayer at the Arab Niaz Stadium in Peshawar in 1989. For nearly two years now, the genius strokeplay and crease confidence have been visible only in fits and starts, Miandad said. “The class he possessed a few years ago has disappeared.:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:(Class has disappeared, form is still there :hysterical:) Earlier, he could belt the best of bowlers at will. These days he is struggling against mediocre bowlers too. I think it’s time he says goodbye to ODIs.” Playing 400 ODIs is no measure of greatness, he added. “For me, definition of a great player is that he plays on his terms and conditions and leaves the stage on his terms and condition. Why do you think the Aussies are respected so much? They stop playing when they are at the top. They are never in a situation where they have to be pushed out of the squad. They leave with dignity,” (Another Brainfart:hysterical:, Steve Waugh, Mark Waugh, Ian Healy, Gillespie, Bevan, etc)Miandad observed. (:hysterical:) Tendulkar has time and again come under severe criticism in the last couple of years for cutting down on his wide array of strokes. And, Miandad, who has played two Word Cups (1992 and ’96) against Tendulkar, felt the criticism was not unwarranted. “He used to be a ruthless customer. He had such great strokes in his repertoire but of late he has cut down on so many of them,” Miandad said. The legendary Pakistani middle-order batsman, who scored a brilliant 145 in the third Test at Lahore’s Gaddafi Stadium during Tendulkar’s debut year, insisted that Tendulkar is low on confidence. “People might say that Tendulkar got runs during India’s tour of England, but according to me he was not at his best even then… despite scoring those runs. Even in the last match against Australia where he got 79, he struggled. Imagine Tendulkar not being able to take a single for a considerable amount of deliveries!(:hysterical:) “He has achieved a lot and it’s time he seriously considers to bid adieu,” Miandad suggested. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Now expecting Lurker and Fineleg to come and say that Miandad is "spot on" :psalute:
:hysterical::hysterical:
Mind games? :confused_smile: Two teams beaten in their own backyards would start mind games?
Yes. Pakistan have already given up against SA, and have already started focusing on the India series. As for India, we arent quitters, we havent given up on this series yet :hysterical:

javed "mian" still seems to nurse ambitions of coaching the pakistan team after having been unceremoniously dumped after the thrashing they got from us in the 2004 test series...he has disappeared from the pakistani public eye and lately sachin bashing has been everybody's fav topic and so he has jumped on to the bandwagon...good luck to him..he has forgotten that he "ran himself" out of cricket at the 1996 world cup QF in bangalore- a pale shadow of his former self

Sachin Should Quit ODIs----Javed Miandad Former Pakistan captain Javed Miandad believes India batsman Sachin Tendulker has lost his class and should retire from one-day international cricket. Tendulkar top scored for India in his 400th appearance at Vadodara in the fifth ODI against Australia but ended up on the losing side as the tourists won by nine wickets. But Miandad told Mid Day, a Mumbai-based tabloid: "I feel uncomfortable when I watch him play now. The class he possessed a few years ago has disappeared. He has achieved a lot and it's time he seriously considers to bid adieu. "Earlier in his career, he could belt the best of bowlers at will. He used to be a ruthless customer. He had such great strokes in his repertoire but of late he has cut down on so many of them. "These days he is struggling against mediocre bowlers too. I think it's time he says goodbye to ODIs." The 50-year-old former Sussex batsman believes it is important for a top player to know when to quit. "For me, the definition of a great player is that he plays on his terms and conditions and leaves the stage on his terms and condition," said Miandad. "Why do you think the Aussies are respected so much? They stop playing when they are at the top. "They are never in a situation where they have to be pushed out of the squad. They leave with dignity