Yuvraj Singh's scores ever since the WC win

rageaddict

It is not the runs. It is the way he looks out there is very worrisome. He just doesn't go anywhere. A premiere ODI player for INdia for the most of his career. May be he times the ball well in the nets. If you totally suck you might suck in the nets as well. Only Dhoni and team management can take that call. I wish him luck. But he is running out of time.
Exactly. The Yuvraj of old played VERY positively and looked to go after the bowlers. This new Yuvraj that we saw was a mere shadow of his former self. He played an innings that was a complete antithesis of his old self. He has regressed al ot.

actually iam just starting to think that, after the failure of "project raina", a new project called "raina the allrounder" has just begun. this new project is actually working against raina, by making him seem more useless. see at the end of the day, raina is a good odi batsman. i really dont care if he can bowl like jadeja. all i want as a indian team supporter is to see raina deal with short pitch deliveries in a convincing manner. becoz this chink in our armour could cost us in the knockout games at the WC15

2, 9, 23, 61, 32, 30, 3, 0, 7, 0, 0, 12 179 runs in 12 innings at an average of 14.99. I have been watching him fail ever since he has come back to the Odi team but there seems to be no calls among the fans for his exclusion from the team. Nobody is even pointing fingers at his pathetic form and seem content with it as if winning a WC two years ago is enough to guarantee him a free ride till the next WC.
He was dropped and then he earned his way back into the side and now he once again has shown poor form. I think he is skating on thin ice but still has a few more chances to prove himself. Yuvraj was never known for his consistency but rather his ability to play match winning knocks - therefore we give him a longer rope. However, pressure on his position is certainly building. He was dropped earlier this year and there is nothing to say it won't happen again. "...winning a WC two years ago is enough to guarantee him a free ride till the next WC" is nonsense because he was dropped earlier this year!
Dhoni also backed a struggling Yuvraj Singh, who also dropped Lendl Simmons when the batsman was on 43. He went on to score 62. "Leave aside batting and bowling, anyone can drop catches. Let's not be critical about it." Dhoni said they wanted Yuvraj to come on his own in batting as the team is backing him to get runs while batting at number four slot. "We want Yuvi to do well. He is someone who can bat well at No 4. Someone who can really dominate the oppositions. Last few games, he has struggled a bit. At times it happens you're under pressure the 15-20 first deliveries become crucial. "If you're not able to pass that phase, you have to be considerate about it. You know what kind of a talent he is. Once he gets a few runs, you'll see a different Yuvraj Singh," he said.
http://www.rediff.com/cricket/slide-show/slide-show-1-conditions-made-it-difficult-to-defend-total-dhoni/20131125.htm#3 Good to see Dhoni publicly giving his complete support to a struggling Yuvraj. And they say Dhoni is trying to kill Yuvi's career! Reminds me of the CB series in 2008 when Yuvraj was going through a terrible phase
"Viru was not fully fit. As for Yuvraj, he would be part of the team and play in all the games," Dhoni asserted.
http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2008-02-17/top-stories/27747671_1_mahendra-singh-dhoni-yuvraj-singh-shot-selection
On a serious note, Please bring Gambhir back in the middle order. :pray: He is too good a player to be sitting outside. We have all stroke makers in our line up, Gauti will play a perfect Sheet anchors role at no.4.
+1 ..I agree ..He was a big success in CB Series 2008 in Australia and will bring much needed experience to the middle-order ..May be , down the line , if Rohit Sharma feels confident enough to return to middle-order, he can straightaway come back to opening the innings . He is excellent against spinners and at no.4 would be very effective against them .B->
http://www.rediff.com/cricket/slide-show/slide-show-1-conditions-made-it-difficult-to-defend-total-dhoni/20131125.htm#3 Good to see Dhoni publicly giving his complete support to a struggling Yuvraj. And they say Dhoni is trying to kill Yuvi's career! Reminds me of the CB series in 2008 when Yuvraj was going through a terrible phase http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2008-02-17/top-stories/27747671_1_mahendra-singh-dhoni-yuvraj-singh-shot-selection
Dhoni has always supported Yuvraj. Even before 2011 WC when we had to play 2 out of Kohli/Raina/Yuvi everyone wanted Yuvi to be axed but Dhoni kept him in the team and he ended up as MOTT.