"At least stay for Rahul Gandhi's speech": Sheila Dixit

EnterTheVoid

he makes statements like "I went to MP and I was stung by 25,000 bees" or "poverty is just a state of mind" or "BJP rules states like Maharashtra & Karnataka (both rules by Cong right now)" or :my father did this and my grandmother did that..(even when they have absolutely no connection to those things)" and people aren't even supposed to laugh. He should thank the Gods every single day that he is not a political leader in a country like America because from what I know of the media there, he would have been eaten alive for making such foolish statements on a regular basis. Also, as you would know I am no fan of Modi but I will say this - Cong and Rahul supporters leave no stone unturned to insult him or makes jokes on his expense so they also should expect to receive the same. And even then Rahul is pretty much completely protected as far as media coverage is concerned - forget about being criticized, you won't even see most of his foolish statements being mentioned on many of the National Channels.
oh absolutely.the number of blunders he makes,surely would have been tore apart by the media and the opposition in a country like america..he is already a joke and just makes it worse, our media should project him as a lollapalooza but alas

he makes statements like "I went to MP and I was stung by 25,000 bees" or "poverty is just a state of mind" or "BJP rules states like Maharashtra & Karnataka (both rules by Cong right now)" or :my father did this and my grandmother did that..(even when they have absolutely no connection to those things)" and people aren't even supposed to laugh. He should thank the Gods every single day that he is not a political leader in a country like America because from what I know of the media there, he would have been eaten alive for making such foolish statements on a regular basis. Also, as you would know I am no fan of Modi but I will say this - Cong and Rahul supporters leave no stone unturned to insult him or makes jokes on his expense so they also should expect to receive the same. And even then Rahul is pretty much completely protected as far as media coverage is concerned - forget about being criticized, you won't even see most of his foolish statements being mentioned on many of the National Channels.
How foolish he must be when he makes comment like 'poverty is a state of mind'. Have he ever slept with empty stomach even once, had he worn torn clothes, had he ever waited for hours in ration shops for getting some cheap rice, had he ever lived with 3 or 4 persons in a small room. One week if he does all this he will understand what poverty is ! And you can expect only that much from a person who has been spoonfed from his childhood.

Okay. Does anybody here feel sorry for him ? I don't think he might be bad person. But he has been thrust in a position he shouldn't and he lacks the intelligence to know this. But then I ask myself. If I was him, growing up around this coterie. Would I give up this platform.
IMO the time to feel sorry for him was in his early days in politics when he actually was thrust onto the National arena without any experience but now he has been in National Politics for over 10 years and for a large part of this time he has been treated (at least by his party and by a large section of the National Media) as the heir apparent and as a very very influential voice but he has neither taken any sort of responsibility in the Govt nor has he used his considerable influence to do any good for the country. And if he is still a reluctant politician then I find even less reason to feel sorry for him because he doesn't have the courage to say no to his mother/party/govt. I do agree with you here - he may have entered politics reluctantly but the kind of sycophancy we have seen in the Congress party in the last 10 years would be more than enough to turn him around and make him want to stay in politics. The thing I absolutely hate is that both Mother & Son want all the power without any responsibility.

I am beginning to feel sorry for him' date=' but thats what happens when you are surrounded by yes - men and sycophants[/quote'] Dont feel sorry for him at all, feel sorry for nation of india to lumbered with this family. Feel sorry for people of India haveing to put up with this italian family. But yes this is what happens when surronded by yes men, who agree with everything you say and tell you how great you are and how great all your ideas are

Dont feel sorry for him at all, feel sorry for nation of india to lumbered with this family. Feel sorry for people of India haveing to put up with this italian family. But yes this is what happens when surronded by yes men, who agree with everything you say and tell you how great you are and how great all your ideas are
Agree, And the question is Congress hijacked by gandhi family or viceversa??

He hasn't been honest with janta. He has been trying to play safe by not giving interviews and now he appears like a person who is son of a rich thakedar asking to be elected as leader of panchayat and people are supposed to go along as he is born in a powerful family. I'm confused about him, he is smart enough to know that he shouldn't give interviews as he might dig a hole for himself but then he doesn't get his speeches written and ends up embarrassing himself anyway. Congress knows that they are not going to win middle class or educated voters, they don't think it's important to be as serious about social media as it really doesn't matter. The elections are won in villages and on votes of poor and the uneducated. I think even congress is shocked when he gets ignored in remote areas or by the poor.