India's Tour to South Africa, 2013

Why would Dhoni save Ishant? If that was the case since you all believe in CSK conspiracy then Ashwin and Jadeja shouldn't have bowled at all. And you talk as if Dhoni is the chief selector.
After the BCCI chief stepped in and used his veto power to prevent selectors from sacking Dhoni, is their any doubt that he is more powerful than all selectors combined?

after some mature thought this is what I feel (A) India are carrying way too many spinners. Unless MSD has some inside info I very much doubt we need anymore beyond Ashwin and Sir. An extra pacer would be nice (B) Rayadu for the test side worries me. He has not had the best of times for Baroda this season from what I gather. He is not a hack that's for sure but there are many form players who should have been picked ahead of him IMO for the test side. © Ishant, whats he doing in the squad?

Same could be said about Dhawal Kulkarni and Abhishek Nayar as well
its all about opinion sane. One fact is however both the Mumbai players in question have led their ranji side to the title. Pandey has not. He appears to be a big fish in a small pond (MP team) Nayar would be a handy bowler in the tests in SA. Batting wise hmm maybe not the best.
after some mature thought this is what I feel (A) India are carrying way too many spinners. Unless MSD has some inside info I very much doubt we need anymore beyond Ashwin and Sir. An extra pacer would be nice (B) Rayadu for the test side worries me. He has not had the best of times for Baroda this season from what I gather. He is not a hack that's for sure but there are many form players who should have been picked ahead of him IMO for the test side. © Ishant, whats he doing in the squad?
(A) Ravindra Jadeja is the all-rounder. Clearly, they do not consider him a good enough bowler to be part of a four-man attack. As he is a mediocre batsman, his selection should be questioned not Ojha's. (B) I don't think there are many Test class newbies around right now. Rayoodoo looks mediocre to me as well but I don't know who else there is. © Look at that one as a free holiday.

if ppl think that the selection is good, then they gush about Patil's masterstroke. If they think it's a bad selection, then they whine abt CSK and Sreeni's kaanspiracy. how dump can it get :hysterical: :hysterical: I don't see anyone blaming our cheif culprit selector for picking ishant. :hahaha:

So if he drops Ishant its only because he wanted to save him from flat tracks? Bizarre. Then Ishant wouldn't have played the first 3 ODIs.
Ishant confidence would have been more shattered if he continued in the aussie series on those pitches.Dhoni has always backed ishant even after the hammering.There is no way a player who has not performed in years will come with out captain wanting him in the team. MS Dhoni says Ishant Sharma needs 'time, space' to overcome 'nightmare'
Indian captain MS Dhoni has said that under-fire bowler Ishant Sharma needs to be given time and space to overcome his nightmare performance in the stunning loss the nation faced against Australia in the third one-day international at Mohali. According to News.com.au, India was cruising to victory when Sharma was brought back into the attack to bowl the 48th over. Four sixes and 30 runs from all-rounder James Faulkner later and the match had swung drastically in the tourists' favour, the report said. Sharma, already under pressure to retain his place for the remaining four matches of the series, cut a disconsolate figure on the field after Australia's incredible comeback win, the report added. Indian fans were immediately calling for Sharma's head, while hanging their own in shame but Dhoni said the towering quick was hurting more than anyone, the report further said. Dhoni said that when someone is representing the country in front of 30,000 people, no one wants to bowl a bad over, and the individual is more disappointed than anyone, in the stadium or in the team, if he does. Prior to the last of his eight overs, Sharma had enjoyed his best game of the series, taking the crucial wicket of Aaron Finch while owning figures of 1-33 from seven overs, according to the report. Dhoni added that when Sharma gave India the wicket, it was the time they really needed the wicket, adding that overall one has to see everything, not just one or two overs.
http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report-ms-dhoni-says-ishant-sharma-needs-time-space-to-overcome-nightmare-48th-over-that-cost-match-against-australia-1905931 yup its bizzare:giggle:

zaheer main problem is stamina...he bowled well against england in the home tests especially at the start of the innings (where his pace was around 135-138), but it dropped significantly during second and third spell (around 127-131),Even in Australia that was the case. No matter what skill you still a minimum pace to trouble the batsman...Still i believe a fitter and leaner Zaheer will last more (both pace n fitness wise) and perform the way he is known for..

As Zaheer is selected in the squad, so IMO he will definitely be included in the playing 11 and will take the new ball as well. Question is who will be the other new ball bowler?? going by the form, it should be Shammi and it will be injustice to shammi to not to open the bowling with Zaheer., but then new ball is the best chance for Bhuvi to take wickets. Its a tricky situation. Best option would be to play Zak, Shammi and Umesh (who should always play ahead of Bhuvi anyway.) And i hope Ishant shouldn't even be in the contention to start in the playing 11.:pray:

its all about opinion sane. One fact is however both the Mumbai players in question have led their ranji side to the title. Pandey has not. He appears to be a big fish in a small pond (MP team) Nayar would be a handy bowler in the tests in SA. Batting wise hmm maybe not the best.
Pandey was our best bowler on the A tour! Wonder how you can assess him and say he doesnt have an international future. He lost his wicket taking form at the worst time. Just 1 wickets in last 3 FC matches, else would have been a certainty IMO
@cricketgod - dude' date=' u r bringing up post match conference while talking abt squad slelection.[b'] Dhoni is not sehwag to whine abt fellow team members.
what u do not know about dhoni whine on last sa tour about sreesanth sledging smith . Well dhoni said ishant needed space and time and he gave him 1 month and 1 ranji match and hes back.Ishant has been struggling for 5 years now and still has played most matches when fit.Unless u have captains backing nobody can play while being so bad as ishant.