I'm tired of the brand of cricket in sub continent

I don't get the time to watch much cricket' date=' but if you are watching it for sports and entertainment then won't the Ashes be a better proposition. I know it's the ODI series but based on cricinfo and ICF I don't see them doing anything worthwhile in tests either. From a results perspective these ODIs don't matter, but they seem to send a terrible sign of things to come in tests over the next year and then the WC, which does matter in ODIs. I know they won the CT in England, but from all accounts [b']it was on subcontinent type wickets and the final was not even an ODI but a T20.
I am yet to see a coherent argument for why wins on flat tracks are any linferior to wins on seaming tracks. The opposition is playing on the same track, too. Why can't they outplay us under those conditions? While I wish we would play better on seaming tracks in SA/Australia, I am not willing to concede that their wins there are any better than our wins on flat tracks.
I am yet to see a coherent argument for why wins on flat tracks are any linferior to wins on seaming tracks. The opposition is playing on the same track, too. Why can't they outplay us under those conditions? While I wish we would play better on seaming tracks in SA/Australia, I am not willing to concede that their wins there are any better than our wins on flat tracks.
White man complex
You have a very valid point, however the thing that sets a side apart from others is the ability to win in alien conditions. Only the great teams with great resources, technique, mental resilience and hunger along with good backing from theirs cricket boards can do that. For India, we have very few of those qualities. Currently, the only test side that has that is South Africa. England had it, but seems to be falling apart in the Ashes. To me, it is the not the defeat that bothers me. It is the mere capitulation without any fight that is worrisome. I hope these youngsters learn from this quickly, otherwise it will be one LONG year in 2014. A big problem is BCCI and that is not going to improve. This Indian team should have come 2 weeks before the 1st ODI and played 3 practice matches. I expect a 0-3 and 0-2 drubbing in ODI and test, respectively.
This is what I have been saying all along. If India has such great batting, Then why don't we see them playing in more tougher conditions then Pakistan? When I was watching Pakistan Vs South Africa series in the UAE. I saw matches there that had a even contest between bat and ball, meaning both batting teams had to grind it out to get a good score. When I saw India , it was facing Australia at the time. In flat as pancake series, with short boundries and complete slogfest. When I looked at that I shook my head. If you are known for being the best batting side in the world. One should expect you to be playing in tougher conditions should'nt they? Well look at them now . They are playing in tough conditions and are being exposed. Now I get why they avoid playing in tougher conditions for batting. Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Didn't see Paksitan do anything in CT bundled out 3 times under 170 runs. Acclimitzation needs some time. You play a poor side on home pitch. 3 days after you are up against world's best fast bowler on the fastest pitch. I doubt many teams would have survived on that pitch. Second match was irresponsible batting. More of an ego issue. Trying to over attack them,

Why do we keep going back to 8-0,even in home conditions we lost 2-1 to England in tests and 2-1 to Pak in ODI's in conditions that were a little different. Infact the 2-1 loss to England was worse because a)it was a test series and b) those were dry surfaces which aided spin....infact we won the last game against Pak thanks to their sub-standard pak batting,Aus,S.A or even Eng in those conditions would have had a chance to roll over us 3-0 Can't beleive winning C.T has become that big that we tend to brush all those issues under the carpet.

You have a very valid point, however the thing that sets a side apart from others is the ability to win in alien conditions. Only the great teams with great resources, technique, mental resilience and hunger along with good backing from theirs cricket boards can do that. For India, we have very few of those qualities. Currently, the only test side that has that is South Africa. England had it, but seems to be falling apart in the Ashes. To me, it is the not the defeat that bothers me. It is the mere capitulation without any fight that is worrisome. I hope these youngsters learn from this quickly, otherwise it will be one LONG year in 2014. A big problem is BCCI and that is not going to improve. This Indian team should have come 2 weeks before the 1st ODI and played 3 practice matches.
Agree 100%.

Also the myth that we are unbeatable at home on Flattracks is wrong,yes we are strong but not unbeatable,The formula is let opposition make 300+ and chase it down but something goes against the plan,we do tend to have no clue....Hell Bangbros beat us and Aus almost chased down some ridiculous totals. Guys like Rohit,Kohli,Chepu are good enough that if they get to play on more challenging surfaces more often will do decently abroad but lack of planning is screwing us big time....Also what hope there is for guys like Umesh,Shami and Ishant if there is no backing by the captain as well as the conditions they play in

This is what I have been saying all along. If India has such great batting, Then why don't we see them playing in more tougher conditions then Pakistan? When I was watching Pakistan Vs South Africa series in the UAE. I saw matches there that had a even contest between bat and ball, meaning both batting teams had to grind it out to get a good score. When I saw India , it was facing Australia at the time. In flat as pancake series, with short boundries and complete slogfest. When I looked at that I shook my head. If you are known for being the best batting side in the world. One should expect you to be playing in tougher conditions should'nt they? Well look at them now . They are playing in tough conditions and are being exposed. Now I get why they avoid playing in tougher conditions for batting. Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Yes so much for batting tougher conditions in Abroad by Pakistan didnt they play likes of Ireland and Scotland before champions trophy but made the first round exit couldnt even score over 200 in three games.
The brand of cricket promoted by PCB has not been good either. Your pitches and match schedules are as bad as ours. They have not put in any effort to develop batsmen . Your batters can't even play on flat tracks, forget about sporting ones. Many of your good bowlers have a large part of their success attributed to ball tampering or chucking. Too many of them really. No efforts have been put in by your board to improve the consistency in performance of your team. Bottomline is --- both India and Pakistan have enough talent as far as cricket is concerned but none of our boards have done justice to the brand of cricket we are forced to play. In different ways perhaps but net result not the best. Pakistanis should not be happy either if they love their cricket.
I am yet to see a coherent argument for why wins on flat tracks are any linferior to wins on seaming tracks. The opposition is playing on the same track, too. Why can't they outplay us under those conditions?
Wins on flat tracks are not inferior, but if a team wins only under certain conditions it displays a lack of versatility and overall skill level of the team. Listen to any player about how much they value performances in alien conditions right from Dravid, Tendulkar etc. etc. And it's not as if the team is invincible in those conditions as well. Faced with quality spin, didn't they lose the series to England just last year? And what to say of away conditions - one thing is losing another is getting humiliated like they were in 0-8 and I'll be surprised if the next year is much different. To top it all, no one in the set up will care. IPL and hammering WI and SL at home will make everyone believe all is fine. What's the fun in following a team which can perform only in certain conditions?
While I wish we would play better on seaming tracks in SA/Australia, I am not willing to concede that their wins there are any better than our wins on flat tracks.
It's not about one set of wins being better than others. It's about developing an all round game equipped to handle the vast array of conditions that cricket throws up. Isn't that part of the inherent charm of the game? It's about watching Dravid fight it out at Headingly, about Kumble straining himself at Sydney, about Kapil toiling at Ahmedabad. The reliance on average spinners and limited batsmen to register wins on familiar tracks is tiresome. You mention that we have never won in Australia and South Africa, but both teams have won in India. It's because their bowling has been of a higher class and more versatile. Fast bowling inherently keeps you in the game for longer. Despite the impressive array of spinners India has produced, our away record is pathetic. Even great spinners will struggle to win tests in certain conditions, forget about the average ones we have now. On the other hand great fast bowlers are going to win many more tests. Look at the WI pace attack, Hadlee, McGrath, Steyn etc. who have won tests in India. How many tests did even our great spinners win in Australia and South Africa or West Indies when they were a strong team? While one may like to think spinners and fast bowlers are equal, fast bowlers are the first among equals. And till our captain and setup starts giving importance to away games, we will never produce them. Don't let the last decade of good performances fool you into thinking we will produce a good all round team in the near future - an all time great batting line up is unlikely to assemble any time soon.
Such a pathetic thread. As if every other country have won all over the world. Everyone is unbeatable at home. With the same team saffers can lose to bangla in Bangladesh
OTT reaction i agree. SA rarely wins in SL. Nevers wins in multinational tournametn which bears more significance than bilateral series.
I will tell you why victories on flat tracks are inferior to the ones on seaming tracks, and why just seaming, but turning, bouncy..any kind of sporting tracks...because flat tracks do not let there be a contest between bat and ball, the only thing we all want to see in cricket. On sporting tracks we see the skills of bowlers testing the skills of batsmen and runs coming through after a good contest between the two. The flat tracks make the bowlers non existent and it becomes a contest between bat and bat..hardly any skill comes forth apart from good hitting and slogging. Now you tell me which match will be superior?

I don't think the disappointment is about losing a couple of matches or losing in s foreign country. Without any practice matches, that was bound to happen. We cannot really blame our cricketers. The disappointment is about BCCI not providing the practice matches. It is about them not taking objective steps to develop good bowlers in our country which leads to a brand of cricket which is just about run fests. Many cricket lovers want to see a fight between bat and ball and they are not being provided that opportunity. That's all. No reason to feel inferior to South Africa really. They are chokers who never win major tournaments. Most of their bowlers can perform only on the specially prepared green tops of their country. That is not much different from our spinners succeeding mainly in the subcontinent.