What's up with Zaheer strategy of bowling around the wicket ?

NareshK

And everyone thinks he is fit' date= was funny watching him giving guard of honour to the ball chasing it to the boundary. Bowling only around the wkt to right handers just like ashwin used to do in odi's. If you are talking about his pace then i will not argue was better than bhuvi in odi's.
He did excellent. I think many of us thought he will quit the match in the middle, since it wont surprise us if ZK pulls up his hamstring anytime. But he bowled 60 overs. Thats fabulous for his old body. Its gonna happen though - either at Durban or in NZ - he will pull up and quit in middle of match. When that happens - confer the bowling consultant role to him for subsequent series. End of his career then. But good career.
He did excellent. I think many of us thought he will quit the match in the middle, since it wont surprise us if ZK pulls up his hamstring anytime. But he bowled 60 overs. Thats fabulous for his old body. Its gonna happen though - either at Durban or in NZ - he will pull up and quit in middle of match. When that happens - confer the bowling consultant role to him for subsequent series. End of his career then. But good career.
He bowled out of his skin, and I think all 3 pace bowlers are going to be really tired today. It's summer in SA, it looked like it was pretty hot out there. I just hope they're all fresh when the next test begins in a few days.
I blame dhoni for that, he should have insisted even for one over with new ball he go over the wicket, I blame zak if he wanted to bowl the line, then why not have two fielders to save runs on leg side.
The reason was he was giving far too much width from over the wicket.
The reason was he was giving far too much width from over the wicket.
I dont think that is good enough reason not try it more, what he was trying to do with new ball bowling round the wicket is really awful. Personally i am baffled why he is not able to get the ball back into righties , he is able to do both to lefties.
I dont think that is good enough reason not try it more, what he was trying to do with new ball bowling round the wicket is really awful. Personally i am baffled why he is not able to get the ball back into righties , he is able to do both to lefties.
He does but ball was not swinging. It was more seam than swing and as he was leaking too many runs from over the wicket, he went round the wicket. Though I agree he should have mixed things up and not be predictable.