Should Indian team play two spinners every match.

putrevus

well I dont think you would get many chances of defending 458 in the last innings of a test match outside india. Batsmen will ask wtf is going on what on earth do we have to do to get a win. How are two spinners going to do any worse than these moronic display put up by these three morons. Forget taking wickets these guys did not even look like beating the bat for major part of 200 overs.
Different bowlers might achieve the task. But two spinners is a huge gamble where there is no appreciable turn. Unless he is someone of Murali's caliber or Warne's caliber or even Kumble's caliber It is not a viable solution for our overseas bowling woes. India's problem has been new ball bowling. When we did well abroad we had great swing bowlers. RP singh, Zaheer, Sreesanth all swing bowlers. No raw pace bowlers. Even Irfan contributed some ways in perth test. won man of the match IIRC. India's strength is swing bowling. Those who swings it big at decent clip is what going to win matches.
Different bowlers might achieve the task. But two spinners is a huge gamble where there is no appreciable turn. Unless he is someone of Murali's caliber or Warne's caliber or even Kumble's caliber It is not a viable solution for our overseas bowling woes. India's problem has been new ball bowling. When we did well abroad we had great swing bowlers. RP singh' date=' Zaheer, Sreesanth all swing bowlers. No raw pace bowlers. Even Irfan contributed some ways in perth test. won man of the match IIRC. India's strength is swing bowling. Those who swings it big at decent clip is what going to win matches.[/quote'] I dont see how that is going to change, there is no bowler coming thru and the batting line up is not going and should not be changed. How is this team going to get 20 wickets with 3 plus 1 combination, if jadeja is playing the tail is too long if other team get five wickets they will get other five in a heart beat.
I dont see how that is going to change, there is no bowler coming thru and the batting line up is not going and should not be changed. How is this team going to get 20 wickets with 3 plus 1 combination, if jadeja is playing the tail is too long if other team get five wickets they will get other five in a heart beat.
India has to introduce new crop of fast bowlers. Hope our new crop of fast bowlers know how to bat a bit. All SA needed was 3 quality bowlers. Unless the spinner is a freak spinner it is very hard to justify to go with 2 spinners just to increase batting strength.
India has to introduce new crop of fast bowlers. Hope our new crop of fast bowlers know how to bat a bit. All SA needed was 3 quality bowlers. Unless the spinner is a freak spinner it is very hard to justify to go with 2 spinners just to increase batting strength.
But those new crop of bowlers are not coming in next 12 months if they were coming thru they would have made their appearances in A tours and odis.
But those new crop of bowlers are not coming in next 12 months if they were coming thru they would have made their appearances in A tours and odis.
That is poor planning by BCCI. Just like they were forced to introduce new crop of batsmen, they have to introduce new crop of fast bowlers. Zak needs to retire. Ishant giant waste of money whose contract should be downgraded. Retain shami, bhuvan,umesh and go for guys like Ishwar pandey, Pankaj singh. Ideally India should call up all fast bowlers together simulate conditions and have them bowl and make an evaluation of who really got it in them and proceed from there.
That is poor planning by BCCI. Just like they were forced to introduce new crop of batsmen' date=' they have to introduce new crop of fast bowlers. Zak needs to retire. Ishant giant waste of money whose contract should be downgraded. Retain shami, bhuvan,umesh and go for guys like Ishwar pandey, Pankaj singh. Ideally India should call up all fast bowlers together simulate conditions and have them bowl and make an evaluation of who really got it in them and proceed from there.[/quote'] none of them are any good, Shammi is getting lot of praise from everybody but for a 23 year old he looked so out of gas even in last test and also here in first innings. Let us not get carried away from his performance against a putrid WI team. I don't rate Dhoni as great captain but when he has to bowl 146 overs with ball in hope of stopping other team from scoring nothing else is needed to say about these morons. It is not fair for our batsmen it takes ages for them to score runs against a very good bowling attack only to see these morons give away runs like it is nobody business
none of them are any good, Shammi is getting lot of praise from everybody but for a 23 year old he looked so out of gas even in last test and also here in first innings. Let us not get carried away from his performance against a putrid WI team. I don't rate Dhoni as great captain but when he has to bowl 146 overs with ball in hope of stopping other team from scoring nothing else is needed to say about these morons. It is not fair for our batsmen it takes ages for them to score runs against a very good bowling attack only to see these morons give away runs like it is nobody business
Don't think Ashwin is good either abroad. He looked at best like Rohit sharma. THat is my point. Jadeja is the only one who is good. You have to go by history. We bumped into guys like Zak, RP singh, Sreesanth who atleast helped us win a test or two. We cannot completely stop picking fast bowlers based on these guys. Ideall India needs 3 solid seamers and a spinner. Compared to previous generation this is going to be trickier as our top order batsmen are poor part timers. So onus is completely on 4 bowlers. So we cannot afford to have bowelrs who have to bowl 25 overs before picking up a wicket. We need genuine strike bowlers.. All 4. There is no bowler that should be doing holding job. Everyone should be attacking.

It is the pacers who have won us matches in recent past overseas, weather it is in England 2007, SA 2006, Aus 2008, etc., not spinners. Now you are thinking very much like Dhoni. There is not much difference. e had 2 bowlers here who were troubling the batsmen Jadeja and Shami. Shami could not take many wickets but blame should go to the Dhoni with his poor field settings. How I wish there was a slip when Kallis edged one from Shami. These small things can change the game. It is not ODI where you need to keep the runs down but take wickets.

It is the pacers who have won us matches in recent past overseas' date=' weather it is in England 2007, SA 2006, Aus 2008, etc., not spinners. Now you are thinking very much like Dhoni. There is not much difference. e had 2 bowlers here who were troubling the batsmen Jadeja and Shami. Shami could not take many wickets but blame should go to the Dhoni with his poor field settings. How I wish there was a slip when Kallis edged one from Shami. These small things can change the game. It is not ODI where you need to keep the runs down but take wickets.[/quote'] england 2007 it was kumble who cleaned up the tail in first innings of that trent bridge and second innings it took a lucky break of Micheal Vaughan playing on, from making that test into a closer one. even with 664 runs they could not eek out win the next test as bowlers were gassed. I think that attack in England was India's best fast bowling attack that huffed and puffed to series win. Perth 2008 Sehwag chipped in vital wickets and he and kumble took 6 of the 20 wickets and they almost reached 413 even with last wicket standing that is the story of our fast bowlers. Next test RP singh promptly got injured never to be seen again after batsmen scored more than 500, Sehwag had bat out of his skin to save that Adelaide test. This top order does not bowl a lick and unless we find some really good strike bowlers very soon, we are not winning a single test anytime soon away from home. Forget about 20 wickets did any of these morons who played in this match even looked like taking wicket unless it was gifted to them.
england 2007 it was kumble who cleaned up the tail in first innings of that trent bridge and second innings it took a lucky break of Micheal Vaughan playing on, from making that test into a closer one. even with 664 runs they could not eek out win the next test as bowlers were gassed. I think that attack in England was India's best fast bowling attack that huffed and puffed to series win. Perth 2008 Sehwag chipped in vital wickets and he and kumble took 6 of the 20 wickets and they almost reached 413 even with last wicket standing that is the story of our fast bowlers. Next test RP singh promptly got injured never to be seen again after batsmen scored more than 500, Sehwag had bat out of his skin to save that Adelaide test. This top order does not bowl a lick and unless we find some really good strike bowlers very soon, we are not winning a single test anytime soon away from home. Forget about 20 wickets did any of these morons who played in this match even looked like taking wicket unless it was gifted to them.
Sadly we don't have Kumble.. nobody remotely close to him. We don't have sehwag like part timer either. So we have to abdnaon that thought.
Forget about 20 wickets did any of these morons who played in this match even looked like taking wicket unless it was gifted to them.
Zak and Ishant did not but only Jadeja and Shami did, but I do not want Zak and Ishant in the team. If we play these guys, we will see the same thing again and again, I have already said that during the first test.
Sadly we don't have Kumble.. nobody remotely close to him. We don't have sehwag like part timer either. So we have to abdnaon that thought.
I know but I am thinking how the heck are these guys getting 20 wickets, remember our great bowlers ZAK, Ishant and Munaf let NZ score 619 from 3/23. It does not matter these guys are so capable of losing any match from anywhere to any batsman so playing 3 morons just because you have to play them is idiotic. Play your four best bowlers who it is should not matter because other way round is not working at all.
Zak and Ishant did not but only Jadeja and Shami did' date=' but I do not want Zak and Ishant in the team. If we play these guys, we will see the same thing again and again, I have already said that during the first test.[/quote'] getting them on the tour itself was a mistake and dhobi has confounded by playing both of them in both matches when losing was the only option we might as well try the new ones. You don't get to defend 458 that often and I don't think it has ever happened to indian team in SA. See the agony of scoring these huge runs will comeback to haunt these young batsmen, they have played well under pressure and it is not fair to ask them to chase over 330 in every odi and scored 400 plus in every test.
I know but I am thinking how the heck are these guys getting 20 wickets, remember our great bowlers ZAK, Ishant and Munaf let NZ score 619 from 3/23. It does not matter these guys are so capable of losing any match from anywhere to any batsman so playing 3 morons just because you have to play them is idiotic. Play your four best bowlers who it is should not matter because other way round is not working at all.
India does not have all season bowlers at this poin. Shami and Jaddu at this point look like they can do reasonably well on all surfaces. Ashwin on pitches that does not turn and bounce, look pedestrian like a part timer. I would rather keep a seamer in place of him. It is also not a good idea to go in with 2 left arm spinners in the same side. Ashwin should not be picked for his batting. India needs wicket takers for all surfaces.
India does not have all season bowlers at this poin. Shami and Jaddu at this point look like they can do reasonably well on all surfaces. Ashwin on pitches that does not turn and bounce' date=' look pedestrian like a part timer. I would rather keep a seamer in place of him. It is also not a good idea to go in with 2 left arm spinners in the same side. Ashwin should not be picked for his batting. India needs wicket takers for all surfaces.[/quote'] do you think Jaddu can do well and pick wickets on non-turning tracks?:hmmm:
getting them on the tour itself was a mistake and dhobi has confounded by playing both of them in both matches when losing was the only option we might as well try the new ones. You don't get to defend 458 that often and I don't think it has ever happened to indian team in SA. See the agony of scoring these huge runs will comeback to haunt these young batsmen, they have played well under pressure and it is not fair to ask them to chase over 330 in every odi and scored 400 plus in every test.
Seeing Zaheer bowling like that on 2nd day of 2nd was as embarrassing as RP Singh turning up in England from Miami.