2014 Lok Sabha Elections thread |Exit poll results

ganeshran

IF Modi becomes PM then this is what I expect regarding Jaitley, amit shah etc - jaitley will be the number 2 in the cabinet and will get one of the big 4 ministries (home, foreign, defence or finance). I don't expect amit shah to be party prez yet - he may be made Minister of State for PMO. I do expect Rajnath Singh to be removed as Party Prez and maybe Gadkari can take his place. Sushma swaraj I think will either get one of the top 4 ministries or will not be part of the cabinet - I don't expect her to be minister of any lesser department. Also expect more people from outside (professionals) in some of the ministries.

IF Modi becomes PM then this is what I expect regarding Jaitley' date=' amit shah etc - jaitley will be the number 2 in the cabinet and will get one of the big 4 ministries (home, foreign, defence or finance). I don't expect amit shah to be party prez yet - he may be made Minister of State for PMO. I do expect Rajnath Singh to be removed as Party Prez and maybe Gadkari can take his place. Sushma swaraj I think will either get one of the top 4 ministries or will not be part of the cabinet - I don't expect her to be minister of any lesser department. Also expect more people from outside (professionals) in some of the ministries.[/quote'] Who do think will be likely to get Finance?

modi is keeping home for himself. i am damn sure about that
Even if he wants to keep home for himself which I can't see he will have to create a separate ministry like internal security and give to someone else. Otherwise it will be impossible to handle for a PM.

Gas kauri might get Railways...Jaitley Finance...Why not Jaitley get the Law ministry?
Law ministry is too small for Jaitley now. It may go to someone like Ravi Shankar Prasad. As for Gadkari I think he might be back as party Prez - he is ridiculed by the media but he actually did a far better job than rajanth Singh can ever do.

if modi doesnt keep it' date=' it will go to someone very close to him.[/quote'] The only ones really close to him in the BJP are Jaitley and amit shah - Jaitley is currently the frontrunner for finance ministry while Shah is still too junior for such a big job. Some reports are saying that rajnath Singh may become home minister :facepalm: