Rohit Sharma is sucking the momentum out of India

G_B_

sanjay manjrekar was whining about how rohit sharma shouldn't have played that shot. shane warne completely rubbished him off and said that it is exactly how you need to play in this format and in this situation.
That shot initially looked beautiful and only latter did we realize he didn't get as much distance as elevation. Had that shot turned out good, the same sanjay manjrekar would have been leaping praises on the quality of the shot. So warne was right I guess, today we needed a good start Nohit gave us that. Job done!
I am not saying it was a losing knock. But expect more on this pitch. Needs to looks beyond this. In the IPL he will be opening with Watson. So fair enough he plays this sort of anchor role.
It was a decent knock by Rahane, but I still think Dhawan should open.
Dhawan is clearly out of touch. Against off spinners he has 2 or 3 different ways to get out.
Dhawan is the kind of player who will let the ghosts of the past haunt him he can deal with it in 3 ways - he can start every new day with an intention to defeat the opposition no matter what happened yesterday like kohli and sehwag he can target those who slighted him with controlled rage and take revenge in a very calculated manner like sachin and lara he can be shameless like Rohit Sharma
And his knock against Bangladesh?
He is not in form but saying he struggled against off spin is not right. I have already said T20 is the worst format for out of form players as it does not give you any time to settle. He never was a great T20 batsman anyway.

Rohit Sharma seems like a much better player when he's looking to attack, because it puts the bowling side under pressure and it makes them wonder where to bowl to him. They try a lot of different things and nothing seems to work. It's how he has had a lot of success in the IPL and I wonder why he doesn't do it often in international cricket. He played a very useful innings yesterday although I'm sure he would've been harshly criticized had Kohli not played a blinder and India lost.

It was a very good start for India. He straightaway attacked Steyn and that take some serious guys. I mean, when was the last time we saw Steyn getting hit for a six in his very first over? Also took the pressure off Rahane in the beginning and allowed Kohli to settle down first by taking singles rather than him playing a risky shot in the beginnings of his innings. Anyone criticising him for yesterday or for this tournament in general, needs to get their eyes tested and get their head out of their ****. Rohit Sharma is here to stay especially in LOI.